My interaction w/ Niner fans this week

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The Radish":urv7djle said:
My wife is still doing pool rehab and one of the instructors is a former Marine, body builder, and ninnir fan. I've never said a word about sports, tho the wife and I both normally wear a Seahawks jacket or sweater when there.

One day as we're leaving just before the Saints game he says, "well your Hawks are going to get their ass kicked tomorrow". I just looked at him and didn't say a word.

Thursday I had to take a magazine to him the wife had saved on head injurys he was interested in. He's in the pool supervisors office and says "well you're teams going to get the shit kicked out of them Sunday". I was really surprised as I hadn't said a word. So I said, "maybe so but I don't think the Niners match up well with the Seahawks".

Jesus Christ he starts the usual bullshit, oh you don't have any rings, we have 5, has a picture on his phone to show me of suckers we have. I said,,,,"Ben you weren't even born the last time they won a SuperB owl. But I'm not here to call names. If you want to talk specifics then lets do, if you're just going to harrass me and my team don't waste my time.

He kept at it during the time they were doing the wife's rehab, and while she was changing clothes he starts in with the next guy in the pool bad mouthing the Hawks the entire time. Not talking football mind you but just bashing anyone else for daring to be a fan of some other team.

I told the wife we are done doing her rehab there. We have to do a couple more there but then we are changing. I told him and his supervisor,,"sports are one thing, but BUSINESS IS BUSINESS! I'm going to complain to their immediate superiors when we are there tuesday.

So no one can tell me what good fans the ninnir fans are. I've had this happen numerous times over here when I have not said a word just walking along minding my own business. Can't wait for us to win Sunday and see what he has to say then. Also if the dreaded loss should happen I don't want to walk in there, but I will because I'm not a one way ninnir type fan.

:141847_bnono:

Good for you. You don't have to put. Up with that BS. I would do the same thing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Front7vLOB":3thtx03y said:
KNBR and other 49ers stations rarely even talk about the Seahawks. It's mostly X's and O's and discussion on the 49ers. No child-like segments on the Hawks, or raging listeners calling in to voice their hatred.

It might sound like I'm whining, but I think it is absolutely audacious to say that 49ers fans hate the Seahawks more than vice versa. It's just not true.

Not true.

While taking care of my dad down south I heard KNBR for 2 straight weeks. Not a day went by when they didn't mention the Hawks in a negative manner. They are no different than the fans. They talked about the stadium having noise pumped in as it was fact, literally. They talked as if the entire team was on steroids and how Wilson was too small and fragile. They mocked the fans, referring to the 12th Man as a myth, but in the next 5 minutes complained about it not being fair that fans should be able to influence the game.

So please don't go there. They are every bit the Haters that the Fans are.

Riley12

Reaction score
My interaction -

Walking downtown, going to meet bfs, my wife and I saw a group of four Niner fans chillin' (as the kids say) and smoking a doobie (as us old folks say).

I nodded and said, "Welcome to Seattle, gentleman." with a smile.

To repeat the obscenity soaked responses I got in return here would get this thread bumped to the Shack.

My wife calmly said, "I told you not to interact with them."

Luckily, we soon saw Leif and the walk and conversation that followed cleared away the grey clouds.

It made me wonder, do longtime Niner fans enjoy having that thuggish element as part of their fanbase now? Every Niner fan that
I knew while living in central CA would have likened them, unkindly, to Raiders fans, which is where that element came from, for sure.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I can't really comment on whiners fans...I live in Northern Illinois, so it's Packers and Bears fans here.
Both fan bases are respectfully humble when it comes to the Hawks gear.
They don't have to like it, but really...What can either of them say?!
Go Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
I had to block my tool nephew on FB. He was born and raised in Seattle, late 20's/early 30's and a flip-flopper as a Seattle sports fan. Started claiming the 9ers as his team when Jim H came on-board and now spews non-stop garbage pulling for his team. I know he had a crap team to pull for much of his life if he followed the Seahawks but this is an example of a front-runner.

I doubt he knows much about their history, but then again my youngest son's other cousin is a big Atlanta Falcons fan (most likely because of Vick at the time). Not sure what happened to his mother's side of the family. I am the only black-sheep of my Chicago-entrenched family. So to them, I am the same type of jack-hole. Ha ha!!

Would be sweet to say I followed the MJ Bulls or 85 Bears. But I don't. I digress.

Team pride is one thing, straight up thuggery and being a menace to society is another. Goes for everyone. Enjoy the moment but let's hope no one gets killed because of this.

The Delf

Reaction score
What 9er fans ? XD Most of the people over here don't even know this sport. :( But the family is infected to root for the Hawks !