Mychal Kendricks will be available to play vs Arizona (9/26)

sc85sis

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1qufj5r6 said:
pmedic920":1qufj5r6 said:
Mad Dog":1qufj5r6 said:
The difference with Stewart was the lack of remorse and reparations. This guy plead guilty, showed remorse and made reparations. Jail time in that setting provides little utility to someone clearly setting things right. I suspect a much briefer incarceration than Stewart received.

Post Edit by staff. (Pmed)

Not turning this into a racial debate/conversation.

I agree and hope you’re correct.
Would be nice if they allowed him to make restitution, and maybe do some time on probation.

He’ll eventually have to ride out the NFL suspension but I’d like to keep him.
He adds much needed depth, and could be a starter.

IMHO.
Suspension for a white collar crime?Seriously?
I’m guessing they’re considering it a violation of the personal conduct policy.

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm curious, when was he actually suspended? I don't remember a suspension ever actually being announced.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
sc85sis":3fsd97e3 said:
IndyHawk":3fsd97e3 said:
pmedic920":3fsd97e3 said:
Mad Dog":3fsd97e3 said:
The difference with Stewart was the lack of remorse and reparations. This guy plead guilty, showed remorse and made reparations. Jail time in that setting provides little utility to someone clearly setting things right. I suspect a much briefer incarceration than Stewart received.

Post Edit by staff. (Pmed)

Not turning this into a racial debate/conversation.

I agree and hope you’re correct.
Would be nice if they allowed him to make restitution, and maybe do some time on probation.

He’ll eventually have to ride out the NFL suspension but I’d like to keep him.
He adds much needed depth, and could be a starter.

IMHO.
Suspension for a white collar crime?Seriously?
I’m guessing they’re considering it a violation of the personal conduct policy.

Which is kind of funny since I'm sure most of the owners have used sketchy means to screw other folks out of money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":er7c0a6w said:
Glad he'll be here this week. Hopefully Wright will be healthy next week and then they can let him take his unpaid vacation.
He’s getting banned from .net???? Harsh! 8)

uncle fester

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on legalities, but: If Martha Stewart only got five months having denied the charge, and Kendricks’ guilty plea likely to point to a lighter sentence - isn’t the likelihood that Kendricks will be in and out of jail before next season starts?

Even if the league have to throw darts at a board to determine a sentence for a league violation that currently doesn’t exist, Kendricks would be available to play next year?

Note: This is a purely objective question - I’m keeping the moral end of things out of it for clarity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great question, him coming clean should benefit him. But I have no clue how that all works out. Hopefully it's a short sentence and we can bring him back next year at a decent price. Hawks gave him the chance to play, I think that will benefit them when it comes time to bring him back. He can clearly play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well there was no violence or drugs involved so the NFL's policies don't apply based on their rules, I think until January pretty much everything will be up in the air, that and if they do try something he can always appeal it. He will play I think for the season before this gets cleaned up off season.

taz291819

Reaction score
From what I read, he plead guilty, and already paid restitution.

Also, this one is a little different, because he didn't profit off of it.

If Stewart got 6 months, he'll probably get 2 months max, February and March.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":k98rlxun said:
[
Not sure but I think it’s a similar crime as Martha Stewart committed.
If they put her away....
MS was convicted for lying to the authorities. By all accounts, Kendricks has admitted his errors, paid it back, and is cooperating with authorities. As a first time offender, it is highly possible he may not receive jail time.

rcaido

Reaction score
rcaido":w785itqj said:
If we start winning guarantee you Kendricks gets suspended...It will probably be for the Rams game

Called it! too bad he was awesome! HOpe KJ comes back