NBC Beating up the Hawks fans with highlights from last Feb.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I watched the game simply because I believe it is a good thing to know thy enemy! And we play the Stealers Nov. 29. But I digress. I think it is a good thing to have this one rubbed in our face no matter how bad it smells. We should never, ever forget that play. In XL we were (IMNSHO) jobbed by the officials. That one is on them not on us! XLIX was a game we had won (!) and squandered it away on a single cutesy play call. Let us never repeat that mistake! :evil:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If this team needed highlights of the Super Bowl during a Patriots game to get them focused, we're in for a long season.

Guess what fellow Seahawks fans? You're going to see that highlight peppered across every Seahawks game this year.. and you're going to see that highlight for the next 50 years.

Better get used to it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zwur64b said:
Get used to it because it won't stop ever. Unless we win this year's Superbowl.

And even if we do, they will STILL show that play and the new angle will be "Had they connected from one yard away we would be calling them Super Bowl Champions for the third year in a row and the 21st Century's first dynasty."

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Rob12":1m2n2lns said:
You know... I really dislike the Patriots... But when I see people here calling them the Cheatriots, it's a bit embarrassing. I'm taking a page out of Sherm's playbook and believe that the Pats do things to help their chances, but so does every other team. We gave 49 away. It's over. For as much as I dislike NE, they're the champs. It didn't surprise to hear about the mistakes that were made on February 2. We literally gave a Lombardi trophy away.

Guess I should have added a bit more to my post... Yes, absolutely, losing XLIX was OUR FAULT... (and, well, obvious injuries to the LOB... Should have never gotten down to that last play...) All I'm saying is, they cheated their way there... They probably should have never even been there in the first place. And I believe, FIRMLY... that they were cheating the ENTIRE TIME that Belichick and Brady have been in charge. Spying, underinflated balls, etc... The fumble stats are pretty stark and damning for anybody with half a brain... They just never caught 'em red-handed until now, and it STILL didn't stick! It just will never be proven, most likely. No way. All we can do is hope for a deathbed confession or something. I SO wish I was a Billionaire so I could bribe those locker room football inflate-o dudes that got "disciplined" to spill their guts... for say, 10 million each... something they couldn't refuse. Oh man, that would be sweet! I bet they have a nice, juicy story to tell... Probably a few that could possibly, maybe, rescind trophy's.... Keeping Belichick and Brady OUT of the Hall Of Fame, ala Pete Rose in Baseball, and KILL that FAKE legacy of, yes, the "Cheatriots".... As I hope their name goes down in history....

But no... That's just a fantasy. I just hope my passion... My NFL... doesn't go down the path of the WWE.... To where there is a big enough audience for fake sports, (WWE) to where I am forced to turn in my fandom...

We need to replace the commish with somebody that cares about the integrity of the sport.... A true champion...

I elect Steve Largent for Commissioner of the NFL... He's held office in the government, and is as honest as anybody I've ever known in sport.... Who's with me??? :lol:

end rant....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1xkha7qt said:
I bet nobody had a problem with it last year when it was our team.

I, uh... So what are you saying, capt'n? I was gonna respond, but wasn't quite sure... uhhhh... Sorry, got a buzz on right now... lol

Rainger

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2fx06v1b said:
Wait... You guys watched that game? Pffffttt.... NFL doesn't start 'till Sunday.... Gawd you guys are gluttons for punishment...Don't care about the steelers, but the Cheatriots aren't even a real team! They play WWE football... They are now a bonafide JOKE! And yeah, Pats fans that may read this, Everybody thinks that now... Live with it and what everybody now knows is your "fake" legacy...
Lov ya Blue Thunder. Say hi to your wife.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
rainger":1mpar0xf said:
Lov ya Blue Thunder. Say hi to your wife.

She says HIIIIII-DEE HO Rainger! How're things up there in Victoria? Have to make it up there again one of these days to meet up again! Hey, we got a boat now... Been cruisin' the San Juans lately. Maybe you'll see us again one of these game days soon! Should be some open slips this time of year eh?