Nemhauser on today's win

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

some of the positive notes:

- points out that our 3rd down efficiency has been good this year (9/12 today)

- no punts today

- penny finally busted out

- geno is a "strength" of this team, after being considered the worst starter in the NFL this season by the media

- geno making key adjustments at the line of scrimmage, better than russell wilson

- geno passed 30 times, no sacks, gets the ball out fast, knows where to go with the ball

- a game manager doesn't win shootouts like this

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Geno plays with rhythm and timing. Russell struggles with that. Geno is better at timing throws. I have no problems saying that. Russell has that extra factor when things break down. Geno can't do that very well.

Geno cost way way less and will allow the team to continue to build in the next few seasons even if they resign him.

Polk738

Reaction score
I feel like one of the biggest takeaways from that is how efficient Geno has been on 3rd down compared to Russ over the last several years, their 3rd down offense is the best I've seen in a LONG time.

Ruminator

Reaction score
And now Denver gets to watch their team's offense stall frequently. I almost feel sorry for them. Feels like we sold them a used car that used to run impressively and go places dependably, but now has hidden mechanical issues beyond repair.

JPatera76

Reaction score
And now Denver gets to watch their team's offense stall frequently. I almost feel sorry for them. Feels like we sold them a used car that used to run impressively and go places dependably, but now has hidden mechanical issues beyond repair.
That is very … odd but accurate lol

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've been a Geno fan since his days at West Virginia. I watched a couple of his games just because they were on at the time. He was very good then, and I find his current success only mildly surprising.

I was excited for him when he got drafted in the 2nd, but disappointed that it was the Jets. They tried to ruin him.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
I've been a Geno fan since his days at West Virginia. I watched a couple of his games just because they were on at the time. He was very good then, and I find his current success only mildly surprising.

I was excited for him when he got drafted in the 2nd, but disappointed that it was the Jets. They tried to ruin him.
He did have two bad seasons with the Jets, and that unfortunate incident of locker room light. NO ONE gave him an opportunity ever since, until football God intervened with Russ hurting his finger, even then Russ rushed back to cut short Geno's opportunities.

Geno caught my eyes with that 98 yards drive when he came in stone cold covered with rust, then calmly led the team down the field for a 98 yards TD drive against the season's super bowl champ.

toffee

Reaction score
Well, except that John knew those issues, and some on this forum even wrote about those issues.

knownone

Reaction score
I agree with Nem. Watching Geno last season and the preseason, it was clear he could see the whole field and work through his progressions. And considering he's an elite athlete with an above-average arm, it's strange that some people still think he can't be an NFL starter. What he's doing is not normal for some starting QBs, let alone a game manager or a backup.

We'll see how things go moving forward. But It looks like Geno is close to changing the narrative surrounding him. The man looked Bradyesque at times, managing the game at the line today.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If you really want to feel good, go read the Broncos forums. Definitely a case of buyer’s remorse brewing.