.Net back online

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
stang233":2irwqe27 said:
Any idea why it went down?

No idea yet. I imagine the owners will brief us at some point.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just curious.

The Westin building downtown is a server location and on Wednesday had a situation happen, Orthopedics associates where I go for my wrists crashed also, they were down for over three hours and I had to reschedule my appointment. They could not access anything but having money have more IT guys and people restoring the system for them. What happened is a huge power outage and surge, it fried a lot of stuff, Orthopedic associates had some surge protection built on their stuff and were able to get it back up. The Generator back up at the Westin didn't work which caused an additional issue, the battery back ups typically are only good for like 4 to 8 hours depending on the Plant size, no Generator and the batteries drain and then nothing.

So with a power surge and no back up the .NET server and platform could have been double hit.

This is just speculation without confirmation but hard to believe in multiple outages in the same area are not related, especially of this type.

There is a lot of downtown construction going on so a number of projects could have caused this, also just someone messing with the plant could have did it also, I have my bets on a construction mishap and a conduit accidently hit.

I also find some irony in that a certain broadcast came out that same day.

This is what I do, I maintain a Central Office and there are routines you do and tests you run weekly and monthly in the event of exactly that situation, the Westin has everyone in it, AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, and a lot of other smaller communications companies as well. That Generator should have backed it all up as well as been a sort of surge protection as in the AC feed gointg to rectifiers that feed the dc plant that most the equipment runs off of. -52V DC.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
man oh man thank you to all involved for the restoring of .net it just showed me how addicted I am to this
place but back to getting my fix

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The data center hosting .net is on the East Coast. Either a hack or failure of the physical hardware at that site brought us down. Multiple attempts to restore failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk