New England - Pittsburgh

Cyrus12

Reaction score
My 31st and 32nd favourite teams playing in this one....glad I only watched the first 5 minutes. Another shitty playoff game...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
.......skimming over the scout Stealer forum, and they are whining about "the fix is
In" and the refs are screwing them over. It's funny coming from a fanbase who's team that was gifted a Lombardi Trophy by the zebras in XL*, that they are complaining about officiating. The hypocrisy and irony are quite amusing. 8)

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":va60t0av said:
.......skimming over the scout Stealer forum, and they are whining about "the fix is
In" and the refs are screwing them over. It's funny coming from a fanbase who's team that was gifted a Lombardi Trophy by the zebras in XL*, that they are complaining about officiating. The hypocrisy and irony are quite amusing. 8)

That is funny! Point them to the article that came out 5 years later and said "refs admit to one sided calls against the Seahawks"

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Looks like early books are opening Pats as only a 3 point favorite against ATL. Seems very low.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3irp5i9n said:
Sports Hernia":3irp5i9n said:

That is funny! Point them to the article that came out 5 years later and said "refs admit to one sided calls against the Seahawks"
I don't post on other teams forums, just read them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16fxscyr said:
Sports Hernia":16fxscyr said:
Wagering is not allowed on .net. 8)
Since when? I've been involved with wagers with other forum members and mods in the past.
Cash wagering. As long as I've been a mod that was a rule.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":38omduqq said:
Looks like early books are opening Pats as only a 3 point favorite against ATL. Seems very low.
Should be easy money then right. :stirthepot:
Sounds about right to me.

If I was in Vegas, I'd take Atlanta and the points. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1apnfwo4 said:
RolandDeschain":1apnfwo4 said:
Sports Hernia":1apnfwo4 said:
Since when? I've been involved with wagers with other forum members and mods in the past.
First of all, I said let's wager. I never said, or implied, cash. Second of all, wagering things that cost money is the same thing and that happens aplenty.

My favorite kinds of wagers are for dignity, not money. Improve the accuracy of your ASSumptions, Sports. :)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":9vsfqasz said:
Hawk-Lock":9vsfqasz said:

Public is usually wrong on the SB. The public will be all over Brady and NE.

They were wrong last year taking Carolina over Denver.
They were wrong three years ago picking Denver over Seattle.
They were wrong picking 49ers over Ravens.
They were wrong five years ago when the Giants beat the Patriots.

Not sure about the sueprbowls prior to that. I think the betting public was pretty even when we lost to the Pats.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Were we the only team in the NFL to beat both Atlanta and NE this year in the regular season? If we are, that says a lot about our Hawks. I cannot wait for next season!! We have a very, very good football team but you would never know it by all the negative nancy posts lately. Fire Pete! Fire John! :roll:

Josea16

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ten0j2t said:
Were we the only team in the NFL to beat both Atlanta and NE this year in the regular season? If we are, that says a lot about our Hawks. I cannot wait for next season!! We have a very, very good football team but you would never know it by all the negative nancy posts lately. Fire Pete! Fire John! :roll:
Actually most would be satisfied with Bevell or Cable or maybe both.:D I lean more toward Cable currently but I'm hoping that with a year's experience the OL will see pretty big improvement in 2017. In my opinion the root of the team's issues begin and end with the OL.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":u0zk1jfl said:

Seahwkgal":u0zk1jfl said:
I am 100% our SB window is closed. It was a great ride but I see what is reality now. It happens to every team and it is happening to us.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2y8z3hgn said:
Sports Hernia":2y8z3hgn said:
Hawk-Lock":2y8z3hgn said:

Not sure about the sueprbowls prior to that. I think the betting public was pretty even when we lost to the Pats.
No doubt about it, but I don't think the NE defense will keep Atlanta under 35. Heck they couldn't keep a mediocre at best Seattle offense at HOME under 30.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yfjhxwz said:
RolandDeschain":2yfjhxwz said:
Sports Hernia":2yfjhxwz said:
I think it's going to be almost a XLVIII like result. I'm thinking 40-17 Atlanta, with the AFC team scoring some garbage time points.
No way. Want to wager on it? I will wager that the final score is within single-digit points. (Nine or fewer between the winner and the loser.)

For Money true, but there have been numerous other types of wagers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":t23s9jhn said:
Sports Hernia":t23s9jhn said:
RolandDeschain":t23s9jhn said:
Sports Hernia":t23s9jhn said:
First of all, I said let's wager. I never said, or implied, cash. Second of all, wagering things that cost money is the same thing and that happens aplenty.

My favorite kinds of wagers are for dignity, not money. Improve the accuracy of your ASSumptions, Sports. :)
Touché iRo! :) I only wager money, and that's not allowed here. Besides that, I don't feel like my prediction is a stone cold lock, just an early gut feeling.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1abfe566 said:
I think it's going to be almost a XLVIII like result. I'm thinking 40-17 Atlanta, with the AFC team scoring some garbage time points.

I'd take that result. :)

Hawk-Lock":1abfe566 said:
Like them or not, how can you not respect the Pats. Brady will probably go down as the greatest ever. They are going to dominate the Falcons.

I guess it comes down to what your definition is of dominated... because the Falcons have been in every game this season with the 5 losses by 1,2,3,7 and 9 points.

Not that the Pats SB history under Belichick means anything but they've all been close... 4 games decided by 3 pts... the last 2 decided by 4 pts.

Hawk-Lock":1abfe566 said:

Not really surprised. I'd wager at least 1/2 the country hasn't even seen the Falcons play this year.

It's cool... they'll find out who we are in Houston in 2 weeks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23ocbnd6 said:

That is the very definition of delicious irony.

Or Karma, whichever you prefer.