New Territory for Pete

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":m11a5ivt said:
I'm especially talking about the defense. You explain it, how did this group of 80% of the same all pro players under the same system go from one of the most elite D's of all time to an inconsistent mediocre soft giving up lead after lead?

I'm paraphrasing Slick Willie using this line as a reminder to himself to stay on message. Here is what Pete is probably saying to himself:
"It's the O-Line, stupid!"

Here is the .NET version of things...
"It's freakin idiot Darrell Bevell, stupid!"

The defense is fine; the offense hasn't come up with key crunch time drives to run clock and rest the defense, so repeated Seattle 3-and-outs in the 2nd half put a tired defense back on the field quickly. This is a really bad thing against an excellent Cincinnati offense and an inspired and hungry Cam Newton and an excellent Panthers running game. The green O-line is the key factor in the offensive failures.

Cincinnati's offense reminded me of the Hasselbeck years when that Seattle team could move the ball on anybody. Carolina's offense reminded me of what ours used to be, and will be again by midseason.
An exhausted Seahawk defense got overpowered by both in the 4th quarter.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Pete has the power. If his message falls on Def ears he will just get rid of the cancer. His rah rah style will work forever because you have to perform or get out.

He holds all the cards.

Tical21

Reaction score
This is nonsense. You guys make it sound like there can never be successful long-term coaches. You do realize we are a blown coverage and three poorly blocked running plays away from being 6-1, don't you?

Latest posts