News from enemy territory...

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Fans will thump chests and make digs at opposing players, but there's no way the Seahawks are going to underestimate Rodgers. They know full well what he is capable of and they will prepare as if playing a 100% healthy QB. There's absolutely no advantage or sense in assuming he won't be at his best.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ptisme":2ozr3gsx said:
fan4life":2ozr3gsx said:
The sports news tonight here in Badgerland has Diva Rodgers and his coach singing different tunes. The QB tells reporters his leg feels, "about the same as last week, maybe a little worse." Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy says his QB, "will be good to go when we need him."

Would appear that the QB is trying to shield fans from expecting too much from him, while MM is trying to keep fans (and possibly the rest of the team) from giving up the fight before it begins.

One thing is obvious: all is not well in cheeseheadland.
I respect Russel Wilson and the Seahawks. Most Seahawks fans, while they realize they have a better over all team right now, respect Rodgers as being both very good and very tough... He's a super bowl MVP and a soon to be two time league MVP so show him some respect. Save your "diva" bullshlt for Jay Cutler... That goes for insisting on calling him "Erin" as well.

No offense to Rodgers but Wilson has the 10th ALL TIME QB rating in the superbowl and played almost perfectly yet didnt win the super bowl MVP so I wouldnt exactly put that as an advantage for Rodgers since Wilson had +12 so higher QB rating with Zero Picks, Zero sacks and a 72 completion %

To also call him a diva is laughable compared to Favre and I agree also with the Cutler thing haha...Having to actually cheer for Favre when he came to the Vikings made me sick to my stomach. Like Brady, I cant hate Rodgers, hes just too damn good

Boycie

Reaction score
CANHawk":ffy7i9sw said:
Sports Hernia":ffy7i9sw said:
ptisme":ffy7i9sw said:
fan4life":ffy7i9sw said:
The sports news tonight here in Badgerland has Diva Rodgers and his coach singing different tunes. The QB tells reporters his leg feels, "about the same as last week, maybe a little worse." Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy says his QB, "will be good to go when we need him."

Would appear that the QB is trying to shield fans from expecting too much from him, while MM is trying to keep fans (and possibly the rest of the team) from giving up the fight before it begins.

One thing is obvious: all is not well in cheeseheadland.
I respect Russel Wilson and the Seahawks. Most Seahawks fans, while they realize they have a better over all team right now, respect Rodgers as being both very good and very tough... He's a super bowl MVP and a soon to be two time league MVP so show him some respect. Save your "diva" bullshlt for Jay Cutler... That goes for insisting on calling him "Erin" as well.
You are a opposing team's fan and guest here, telling people what they can and can't do won't go over well, and odds are your stay here will be extremely short if that attitude keeps up. We have a brand new mod here that cannot wait to break in his brand new "ban hammer", so u may want to slow your roll.

No shit! Who this guy think he is? Kim Jong Un!? This is 'Merica pal! Love it or leave it!

USA! USA! USA!

LOL^ Coming from a fellow Canuck!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
why is there so much concern over the minor comments of fans of either side this week?

good lord, there is plenty of football talk going on. is it that big of a deal if a poster here or there throws in a jab?

grow up Peter Pan. lecturing someone on the internet about "class" isnt a luxury youre entitled to. ignore it if it bothers you. or jog on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think anyone with a semblance of logic will know that Rodgers calf definitely isn't in better shape after playing on it. And if you watched Sunday's game you saw a stark difference between the first half and second half when he likely received some sort of treatment for the injury.

He's definitely hurt.. but the adrenaline of playing in a championship game will probably get him through at least the start of the game.. so this defense needs to treat Rodgers like he's never been healthier in his life and prepare accordingly.

Rodgers isn't the x-factor in this game though. It's Eddie Lacy. If we shut him down and make the Packers offense one-dimensional, we're going to Glendale. If Lacy runs effectively, it will be a much closer game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1qezx74h said:
I think anyone with a semblance of logic will know that Rodgers calf definitely isn't in better shape after playing on it. And if you watched Sunday's game you saw a stark difference between the first half and second half when he likely received some sort of treatment for the injury.

He's definitely hurt.. but the adrenaline of playing in a championship game will probably get him through at least the start of the game.. so this defense needs to treat Rodgers like he's never been healthier in his life and prepare accordingly.

Rodgers isn't the x-factor in this game though. It's Eddie Lacy. If we shut him down and make the Packers offense one-dimensional, we're going to Glendale. If Lacy runs effectively, it will be a much closer game.
Did Rodgers make a visit to the honey shack at halftime? I think he might have gotten an epidural at halftime.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Packer_junkie":1xd92reg said:
Seahawk Sailor":1xd92reg said:
Let's keep the rhetoric here civil, folks. We have enough chest-beating threads in the Shack for that kind of nonsense. Let's talk X's and O's, game planning, match-ups, and strategy here.

I've been looking for this all week but maybe I'm in the wrong place. Seems this forum is for pounding your chest, making up fake stats and name calling and cussing opponents and their fans. And no, I'm not butthurt, just suprised at the overall immaturity and lack of class in this place

First day on the internet? We have all kinds here, some mature, some less mature. If you can't handle opposing viewpoints on your QB then you probably ought to steer clear of opponents fan boards.

Like has already been mentioned Aaron's attitude after the hail Mary on MNF colored many Seahawks fans opinions of him. You talk about class? Watch the film of a team that tried to leave the field before the game was over. Dallas and Detroit suffered more brutal calls (IN THE PLAYOFFS, mind you) and handled it better than Green Bay.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":36mzon1e said:
Packer_junkie":36mzon1e said:
Seahawk Sailor":36mzon1e said:
Let's keep the rhetoric here civil, folks. We have enough chest-beating threads in the Shack for that kind of nonsense. Let's talk X's and O's, game planning, match-ups, and strategy here.

I've been looking for this all week but maybe I'm in the wrong place. Seems this forum is for pounding your chest, making up fake stats and name calling and cussing opponents and their fans. And no, I'm not butthurt, just suprised at the overall immaturity and lack of class in this place

Lemme address this post here.

When you are the single greatest football team in the history of the entire NFL, they have a name for you, and that name is the Seattle Seahawks. You guys are off at the next stop. See ya.

Shut up, Peaches.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hs548ga said:
They totally are sandbagging. He's loving every bit of the "hero" stuff he's getting. He's the best QB in football, and he's not stupid. I honestly think he's hurt, a little bit, but not nearly as much as he or they are building it up as.

I agree. He's loving it and doesn't want it to end. Things like this add to a legacy that people talk about forever.

"Remember when Michael Jordan played with the flu and he collapsed at the end of the game into Scottie Pippen's arms?"

"Remember when Byron Lefwich played with a broken shin and had to be carried by his teammates down the field?"

"Remember when Aaron Rodgers carried the Packers to a championship on one leg?"

His leg is sore, sure. But it's not like his leg is hanging on by a thread. Some Packers lovers make it sound like it is a miracle he is walking.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bleak0j said:
They totally are sandbagging. He's loving every bit of the "hero" stuff he's getting. He's the best QB in football, and he's not stupid. I honestly think he's hurt, a little bit, but not nearly as much as he or they are building it up as.
I totally believe this. He is probably better health than last week.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This had got to be the biggest smoke screen ever .
Rodgers is fine he is a full go . And that's the wY we will treat it in sure of it.
These arnt the droids your looking for !