Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Special Teams coach

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well, the day has come. Pete got his walking papers and Seahawks fans get to speculate as to who the next coach will be next season. This past year, well, couple of years this team was awful on defense. The offense has flashed at times, but due to a variety of factors is inconsistent and frustrating.

I threw in special teams coach because those guys watch and analyze the game from both perspectives.

So, given a choice what would you rather have for the next head coach? Chime in with a name or two if you like.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hopefully one that doesn't make us a basement team indefinitely. At least we got out of the permanently mediocre, bad D mode. Now we can see all this talent in a real scheme.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Offensive minded.

As mentioned in another thread, Alex Van Pelt (Browns OC) or Bobby Slowik (Texans OC)

JPatera76

Reaction score
Did Pete really get his walking papers or more of a “here’s an internal promotion.. as we’d still like to have you here just in a new role?” Type papers

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
As bad as the defense has been, the next coach will most likely groom the quarterback of the future. Too many defensive mind head coaches fail at this, and I would want to bring in a young feisty defensive coordinator whose job is to craft and mold an elite squad.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I’m a defense minded fan, but the writing has been on the wall for the last decade. The NFL is committed to favoring offense, period.

If you hire the greatest defensive mind in the business you’re not just competing against the offensive HCs. You’re competing against the rules committee continuously tweaking the rules and referees often ignoring blatant offensive penalties.

Offensive holding has been endemic for years and now we’re seeing OT misalignment and early starts become the norm.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Given the advantages of avid crowds, the Hawks would behoove themselves to build a defensive team and take advantage of what the 12’s can bring. The last several years made home games painful literally as the screaming seemed ineffective in rousing this stuporous defense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think you hire an offensive coach and try to get the future of your QB position sorted out. Many of the top coaches these days are offensive guys.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m a defense minded fan, but the writing has been on the wall for the last decade. The NFL is committed to favoring offense, period.

If you hire the greatest defensive mind in the business you’re not just competing against the offensive HCs. You’re competing against the rules committee continuously tweaking the rules and referees often ignoring blatant offensive penalties.

Offensive holding has been endemic for years and now we’re seeing OT misalignment and early starts become the norm.
Well said!

The rules are the rules!

Better to be part of the side that rules actually favor (offense) than against it!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I wonder how many offense minded fans actually go to home games. With a stout defense, Lumen Field is a nightmare for opposing teams. The mystique left when the defense could no longer get teams off the field or create turnovers.

Playing away from the advantages of having a vocal fan base seems short sighted.

Bring in Quinn, let him hire a hot shot OC (remember he did hire Shanahan so it’s not like he’s unwilling to hire great coordinators) and build a defense that brings fear back into the stadium.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Brian Callahan

But he's probably going to be Titans or Raiders next head coach.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This article was originally written yesterday but got updated this afternoon. Heifetz has the Hawks jobs as one of the attractive ones. Hopefully the top HC candidates out there feel that way too

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
A DC with an offensive mindset. Or an OC with a …….

How about a balanced approach. And let the DC and OC do their jobs. Who knows.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I voted defense. We have some of the pieces already but need a coach who can pull it together.