Next years mission.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkfish":1dsdx0bz said:
Pete and John holding a press conference and pay Bennett for not holding out and playing great while throwing Chancellor under the bus for holding out and screwing the team after coming back and playing below average.
I actually believe this will play out as you are asking for but without the press conference. I think Michael gets attainable incentives added to his contract or something along those lines and Cancerellor (TM) gets traded.

kearly

Reaction score
The OL struggled badly in the first couple drives when the field conditions took over the game. But once the Seahawks adjusted their cleats and found some decent footing, the OL played well.

A lot of the sacks Wilson took were scrambles turned bad.

By the end of the game, it felt like the pass D cost us a win. Not because of the 24 points our defense allowed, but because they struggled to stop Cam on 3rd down when he was milking the clock in the 2nd half.

It definitely feels like the NFL as a whole has solved the cover 3. I would like to see what can Pete can do creatively this offseason to make our secondary a feared unit once again.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Get a new online coach. Cut lynch, sign Rawls to decent contract. Resign Irvin,focus draft on online help.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawaiiD":n8v040hc said:
Get a new online coach. Cut lynch, sign Rawls to decent contract. Resign Irvin,focus draft on online help.

You do realize Rawls is signed to a cheap deal for 2 more years right

flmmkrz

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3igl8exg said:
Don't trade our best linemen for a glass TE who doesn't even fit our system. I hope we trade Graham for a draft pick.

glass? creative twist on the facts. I'd argue that Jimmy playing with Russ the way the offense ran the last almost half of the season is a good fit. We need oline but that trade is still very much to pay dividends if Jimmy can get back.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
flmmkrz":390wwvht said:
WindCityHawk":390wwvht said:
Don't trade our best linemen for a glass TE who doesn't even fit our system. I hope we trade Graham for a draft pick.

glass? creative twist on the facts. I'd argue that Jimmy playing with Russ the way the offense ran the last almost half of the season is a good fit. We need oline but that trade is still very much to pay dividends if Jimmy can get back.
Plus that lineman we traded away was made out of glass as well.

Revisionist history.

kf3339

Reaction score
JSeahawks":40r077ok said:
Regain home field advantage.

Don't let 10 am starts or field conditions even be a factor.

:13:

Also, don't wait until the first third of the season is over before starting the get the offense in gear. That cost us the NFC west title and home field for at least one game.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would like us to make a major push for true 3tech DT who can consistently crash thru the opposing OL and harass the QB into mistakes. We just don't have that type of player right now on this team.

chris98251

Reaction score
kf3339":32x5mqst said:
I would like us to make a major push for true 3tech DT who can consistently crash thru the opposing OL and harass the QB into mistakes. We just don't have that type of player right now on this team.

There are few of them that possess size, speed, and desire to be great. Get some Cortez Kennedy DNA and have him cloned.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":3ui84xuh said:
The OL struggled badly in the first couple drives when the field conditions took over the game. But once the Seahawks adjusted their cleats and found some decent footing, the OL played well.

A lot of the sacks Wilson took were scrambles turned bad.

By the end of the game, it felt like the pass D cost us a win. Not because of the 24 points our defense allowed, but because they struggled to stop Cam on 3rd down when he was milking the clock in the 2nd half.

It definitely feels like the NFL as a whole has solved the cover 3. I would like to see what can Pete can do creatively this offseason to make our secondary a feared unit once again.
I wonder about drafting a player like Miles Killebrew http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/135 ... -killebrew and moving Kam to OLB. I think Lane is very capable, but I'd like to see better depth at CB. If they could get another stud Corner, Lane back to his nickel corner position.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":1xqk76hx said:
Tech Worlds":1xqk76hx said:
Get a pass rush

We have one, people like to point out we dont but we do, other teams literally just get away with holding them and giving their QBs all damn day. Its been more and more obvious this year and continues to become a trend.

We were #17 in sacks this year with 37, so Tech has a point.

Other than Bennett, we didn't have enough consistent disruption, penetration and sacks by other D-lineman. Guys like Avril, Clark and the interior lineman had good years, but not GREAT years.

Clark should be better next year, but if we lose Irvin that's probably a wash.........so IMO we do need to get another good pass rusher so Bennett isn't double teamed half the time.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Pass rush for nearly every team almost goes without saying every off-season. It's an annual "need" whether a team thinks they need it or not, it's something that teams should always be looking to either stay strong in that area or upgrade... because it's probably the single greatest factor to playoff success.

Michael Bennett went UNDRAFTED in 2009. There's some intriguing late round prospects that have huge upside in this upcoming draft. I also wonder if the Hawks have something in Ryan Robinson who was on IR this season.

bighawk

Reaction score
the O-line is the main issue but we need a safety or LB that can cover tight ends once we get all our corners back then we could use one of them to cover the tight ends like Simon, Seisay, or possibly Baptiste all of these guys are 6'2 to 6'3. Another thing is if corners or safeties are going to play bump and run they need to actually bump the guys at the line of scrimmage to many free releases. My last point is the team needs to be more physical in the trenches we didn't have this problem when Carpenter and Breno were on the O-line. We must go 8-0 at home no excuses.

GLio14

Reaction score
Improve the Offenseive Line. I really like Lewis as our center. I don't see Okung back, so the OLine must improve, whether it be people stepping up, or new additions.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Regain the fire, attitude and chip-on-the-shoulder that took this team to the SB X2.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score