NFC W Pick: Congrats to bigskydoc!!!! He won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":da8msc47 said:
Ramfan128":da8msc47 said:
It's nothing at all against Seattle, they're definitely better than the Jets.

But given that the Jets are built similar to the Rams (but better), and Wilson being either out or gimpy, and it's a road game for Seattle and the Jets just came off a big loss...

Anything is possible for a team when they are as good as the Seahawks, but I can't see a way that the Seahawks beat the Jets this week (can't see how the Rams beat the Cardinals either for that matter).

If RW is gimpy, I can see the Jets winning - it certainly wouldn't be a surprise. But the Jets are not playing very well so far - their defense didn't shut down the Bengals, Bills or Chiefs enough, so I don't think they are likely to have a great outing against the Hawks - plus the Hawks defense is about the best in the league. I think the game is close but...

The Hawks have proven they can win close games, the Jets haven't.

Fair enough. I see this as looking very similar to the Bills/Cardinals game.

As for the Rams/Cardinals game this week - what do you think the final score will be?

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3758te7q said:

As for the Rams/Cardinals game this week - what do you think the final score will be?

24-13 Cards - I think Rams will come out with too much confidence after beating the Bucs, pretty much mirroring what the Cards did after beating the Bucs. I'm not too impressed with the Rams passing D so far, and think it will be the difference in the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1ng0s3d0 said:
Ramfan128":1ng0s3d0 said:

24-13 Cards - I think Rams will come out with too much confidence after beating the Bucs, pretty much mirroring what the Cards did after beating the Bucs. I'm not too impressed with the Rams passing D so far, and think it will be the difference in the game.

Doubt we come out with confidence being the biggest underdog this week. Say what you want about Fisher, but he gets his teams ready to play when they are huge underdogs.

Having said that, I wouldn't be too upset with a 24-13 loss. I feel like Arizona will come out like they did against Tampa Bay.

One reason for the porous pass defense is EJ Gaines being out. He's our #2 CB so what you've been seeing is an undrafted rookie in Troy Hill playing way too much.

The other big reason is our (surprising) lack of pass rush, which is what I think will kill us against the Cardinals. We only have 4 sacks in three games, which is bad enough, but we're also not consistently pressuring the QB.

On top of that, I think David Johnson will kill us in this game if Arians lets him. For the Rams to have a chance, we need Gurley to duplicate his performance from last year and our defense to step up.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
First week there is a huge disparity in the picks, so should be a change up in the rankings this week.

So far, only me and nanomoz are dreaming of a Rams domination with: (F) R (S).

---

So, here is my week 4 wish - I can dream.

Jets win. C'mon: Wilson is hobbled, it's a 10am game on the East coast, Hawks haven't got their D together, Rawls is out, CMike is good enough, had to bring in Spiller to back him, and Jets gotta be pissed off by that humiliation last week. Go Jets!

Cowboys win. I feel dirty saying that, but so it goes. Really gonna let Gabbert shine again? I know they destroyed the Rams at home, but do the 'boys really wanna fall to the level of the Rams?

Rams either win or at least show up in AZ. Fisher needs fired, so every week is a I want to win, I hate to win week. Arians is off his game this year so far, and this week is as much a coaching match up as anything.

Fade

Reaction score
WEEK 4 Picks: (S), (F), C

-------------------------------------------

(2-1) Seahawks @ (1-2) Jets

Seattle has a terrible record post Marshawn Lynch against Top D-Lines. 10 AM game, so that makes it a double whammy.

Until the Hawks coaching staff can prove they can overcome this hurdle, there is no point in picking them in these particular matchups.

Pick: Jets

(2-1) Cowboys @ (1-2) 49ers

The 49ers cannot stop offenses that run left. Blaine Gabbert is a backup.

Pick: Cowboys

(2-1) Rams @ (1-2) Cardinals

The Cardinals need this game bad, while Fisher feels uncomfortable being too far above .500.

Pick: Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.