NFC West Week 7

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Well. The most surprising I would have to say would be the Rams beating the Seahawks. The 49ers are a good team. The Cardinals are missing just as many players and winning games and were within 4 points in Denver with 10 or so to play. The 49ers being the superior team should have a chance to win. The Cardinals have over performed. It'd be a surprise if they lost. Bc I feel we are a better coached team and more talented. However the Raiders have nothing to lose. The Seahawks should beat the rams, I'd be most surprised about them losing. They are the defending Super Bowl chance playing a team with a backup QB and an undisciplined team who just isn't very good

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
It seems like the entire division is having injury problems. We have Unger, Maxwell, Wagner, and Miller out who are all impact players. We have others like Jeremy Lane and some of the rookies as well. Kam and Okung are also playing with injuries and I suspect Lynch isn't that healthy either.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
I think the Raiders finally get a win, they played tough against a good SD team.

Hawks vs Rams, depends on which Hawk team shows up.

49ers vs Donkos, I think even with all the injuries we can beat Denver. Deck is stacked against us though. Media hyping Peyton breaking Favre record at home on nationally televised game. We all know what happens if you even remotely look like you hit the QB hard when their name is Brees, Brady or Manning. I hope the refs let them play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2223w9yk said:
I think the Raiders finally get a win, they played tough against a good SD team.

49ers vs Donkos, I think even with all the injuries we can beat Denver. Deck is stacked against us though. Media hyping Peyton breaking Favre record at home on nationally televised game. We all know what happens if you even remotely look like you hit the QB hard when their name is Brees, Brady or Manning. I hope the refs let them play.
If your guys even get close to Manning I will be surprised. Niners=not much pass rush, Denver=ball out fast. Denver makes better use of the area Willis patrols than most, so Willis will be sorely missed. Knighton is no joke in the middle.

Harbaugh will have his work cut out for him beating Denver, that is for sure. So will Kaep, Denver is playing a lot of press on the outside, and Talib and Harris are making plays.

The wild card is Kaepernick. If I am Harbs, I open the game trying some stuff to get him running in space. Put that in the minds of the Bronco defense more than the gametape already has. To me, that is the Niners best chance to take this game in Denver. Normally I think the Niner line splits tend to give other teams problems just because the Niners run tighter splits than most teams, but so does Indy, and Denver didn't have that much trouble with them.

Denver isn't running the ball well right now, so there is hope that a one dimensional Bronco offense will be slowed. I just think that SF has a few too many injuries to be competitive in this game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":39i2kb2n said:
lvnginhwktwn":39i2kb2n said:

If your guys even get close to Manning I will be surprised. Niners=not much pass rush, Denver=ball out fast. Denver makes better use of the area Willis patrols than most, so Willis will be sorely missed. Knighton is no joke in the middle.

Harbaugh will have his work cut out for him beating Denver, that is for sure. So will Kaep, Denver is playing a lot of press on the outside, and Talib and Harris are making plays.

The wild card is Kaepernick. If I am Harbs, I open the game trying some stuff to get him running in space. Put that in the minds of the Bronco defense more than the gametape already has. To me, that is the Niners best chance to take this game in Denver. Normally I think the Niner line splits tend to give other teams problems just because the Niners run tighter splits than most teams, but so does Indy, and Denver didn't have that much trouble with them.

Denver isn't running the ball well right now, so there is hope that a one dimensional Bronco offense will be slowed. I just think that SF has a few too many injuries to be competitive in this game.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Really hoping I'm wrong.

drdiags

Reaction score
For some reason, I think the 9ers win in Denver. After reading through this thread, not sure why I feel that way.

Anyway, the Rams are a volatile, young team. They looked good early last week, then not so good. I will be glad to get past them this week as the Seahawks work the kinks out. Hope not to have to watch one of those early games where I wish I had a hangover.

Cardinals should win the Raiders game. I expect the Raiders to get a bounce from the coaching change so the sooner the Seahawks play them the better.

The least shocking upset would be 9ers winning for me. The biggest would be the Cardinals.

Wagon12

Reaction score
drdiags":17ah5vsi said:
For some reason, I think the 9ers win in Denver. After reading through this thread, not sure why I feel that way.

Anyway, the Rams are a volatile, young team. They looked good early last week, then not so good. I will be glad to get past them this week as the Seahawks work the kinks out. Hope not to have to watch one of those early games where I wish I had a hangover.

Cardinals should win the Raiders game. I expect the Raiders to get a bounce from the coaching change so the sooner the Seahawks play them the better.

The least shocking upset would be 9ers winning for me. The biggest would be the Cardinals.

Wouldn't surprise me either, frankly... Though would make it tough to sleep that night...

One thing that might derail the Niners is looking ahead to their bye week...

One thing that might derail Manning is looking ahead to 509...

Either way, I expect a pretty entertaining game.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think Denver beats 9rs soundly. Not a good matchup for 9rs, especially with injuries. Kap will have to outthink/outplay both Ware and Miller. He may get a few plays, but I believe they'll be able to contain him. So he'll have to pass. He had a very good game from teh pocket last week, but I think Denver's passrush with their new DB toys will make it difficult for him. Denver's O is built to take advantage of a D with average DBs and a 2nd string Mike. SF could possibly make up some on Special Teams, but historically Denver wins field position at home. 34-13 doncs

Wouldn't surprise me if Seattle is behind a lot of the game. Our OLine has already sent invitations to Quinn for the teaparty he'll be holding in our backfield. If Russ can hit on throws into single coverage and we can catch, we'll probably be fine. I don't have confidence this will happen in St Louis when we crapped the bed in SD and at home, we don't have Zach, he'll have nervous feet and probably take a few hits.... Hope to see Lynch both run and be the dump off option since we're short Zach. Definitely capable of winning, but last week's team isn't. This is St Louis' SuperBowl. It's all they have to play for this season. ... so I don't expect them to roll over. 24-20 hawks

Oakland has been getting better each week. Cardinals are a better team, especially with Palmer playing the way he has. It wouldn't surprise me that they "overlook" this game and get surprised. I don't think an upset is in the making, but AZ has been flying high and this is just the match-up that could take them by surprise. 21-17 Cards

RedAlice

Reaction score
@ Chrispy.

This is NOT St. Louis' Super Bowl and it is not all they have to play for this season. Your fans throw that term around far too often, tbh. So do Niner fans, actually.

Yes, beating you would be wonderful and would give the team some much needed momentum change. It's hardly the only important game that matters on the whole schedule though.

RedAlice

Reaction score
To me:

Least surprising would be a Raider win. It will happen eventually and soon and not sure AZ considers them a worthy oppenent as they are so focused on the NFC W, Denver, etc. They looked feisty last week v a surprised Charger team. AZ should handle them fine, but least surprising upset of the week.

Most surprising still to me is the Rams. Given the games I've watched this season, unless something changes drastically, and I mean like gender-change drastic, then this team cannot win against a good opponent. They can't even maintain a lead against one. If that change takes place, I will be surprised. Happy tho.

I can see Niner v Denver going either way. Good arguments on either side. So, won't be surprised at either outcome.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey R.A. whats happnin'?

I watched that game on Monday, and I would say nothing has changed regarding how Rams-Hawks match up.

I would imagine some spirited practices this week in Seattle after a very tough loss. We have been eating our young over here... :lol:

I think that term about "this is this teams/that teams superbowl kinda fits in a way since we bullied everyone around last year so everyone really wants to beat us. The difference is that this team has an identity crisis on both sides of the ball for a LOT of reasons.

Rams need a win bad, however, this is a pivotal game for the Hawks after last weeks loss.

The other games are kinda up in the air, however I see Denver beating the 9ers, mainly for the home field if for no other reason than the ones Scotte outlined.

For some reason I have a feeling Oakland gets that win vs. AZ.

misfit

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2jow399p said:
Week 12 is looming sir be ready for it to get REAL.

Why did you change your avi? :141847_bnono:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":2hn56w2g said:
Hey R.A. whats happnin'?

I watched that game on Monday, and I would say nothing has changed regarding how Rams-Hawks match up.

I would imagine some spirited practices this week in Seattle after a very tough loss. We have been eating our young over here... :lol:

I think that term about "this is this teams/that teams superbowl kinda fits in a way since we bullied everyone around last year so everyone really wants to beat us. The difference is that this team has an identity crisis on both sides of the ball for a LOT of reasons.

Rams need a win bad, however, this is a pivotal game for the Hawks after last weeks loss.

The other games are kinda up in the air, however I see Denver beating the 9ers, mainly for the home field if for no other reason than the ones Scotte outlined.

For some reason I have a feeling Oakland gets that win vs. AZ.

Hawks are pissed off at losing to Dallas. Eagles were pissed off at losing to SF - their first loss of the season.

Welcome sir, to the Rams' schedule. As if it wasn't already hard enough (I think we are rated 2nd behind Raiders for toughest), we get pissed off teams who just happen to have bad losses the week before. This is fun!

Not much else I can say that you don't know, we both know what our teams are.

I will say this: Eagles came out screaming!!! Sproles had a return TD before I even reached my front row seat. They dominated that first half like they were on a mission, and Rams did nothing to stop them. Then, once they were up a 20 or so, they got complacent. Which allowed the Rams to score, 3 times. And the stadium, to get exciting.

If this game is tight, Rams have a chance to win. If Hawks own it at the start as Eagles did, it's over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to think this is the week the Raiders get their poop together and actually beat somebody, I just can't see their horrible offense move the ball with a rookie QB with any sort of success against the Cards D.

SF is playing pretty well, I could see them give Denver a game. They'll out physical Denver's offense like we did, so if Denver wins, it's not going to be by much. Seems like a 21-17 type game.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised there's no discussion on the Cards games. They are more relevant to this years playoffs than SF at this point. But I guess we'll see where everything stands after today.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This NFC race looks like those old Seafair hydroplane races, and SF is the Miss Budweiser. I guess that makes us the Pay N Pack....

SF49r

Reaction score
I've been really impressed with Derrick Carr lately. Shame he had to go the Raiders, but if he keeps it up the Raiders may have themselves a franchise quarterback.