NFL adding more Thursday Night games

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't think they are actually adding more games. Just changing up who gets what games. Used to be 8 games on CBS and the rest just on NFL Network. Now there will be 10 games between NBC and CBS, with the rest on NFL Network. But the number of Thursday games is staying the same.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkGA":he0v5uf2 said:
I don't think they are actually adding more games. Just changing up who gets what games. Used to be 8 games on CBS and the rest just on NFL Network. Now there will be 10 games between NBC and CBS, with the rest on NFL Network. But the number of Thursday games is staying the same.

This.

I wish they'd scrap the whole damn thing though.. but clearly not going to happen any time soon

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1x4zz6yj said:
HawkGA":1x4zz6yj said:

This.

I wish they'd scrap the whole damn thing though.. but clearly not going to happen any time soon
I hate Thursday night games. Disrupts the schedule far too much, and tends to crappy football on the field. Simple money grab by the league and networks.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1afe6c5a said:
I hate Thursday night games. Disrupts the schedule far too much, and tends to crappy football on the field. Simple money grab by the league and networks.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind Saturday games instead of the Thursday ones.

253hawk

Reaction score
I wonder what the NFL would do if all of the teams just boycotted TNF games? I wish the owners had the balls to try it.

They can't do Saturdays though, because they would be competing against the NCAA for network time and violate the SBA. There's like 1 or 2 viable Saturdays between the conference championships before the bowl games start, that's it.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Well wait what, the owners are the NFL. They agree on making more money for their pockets. Why would they say no to Thursday night. I don't like Thursday night for the simple reason I lose Sunday , Monday night and Thursday night. So much less time with family. Well I have a choice not to watch but still.

Latest posts