NFL.com projects a rookie to start at center for Niners

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":136s6yuk said:
Spoiled 49ers fans...Ugh..

O-line has been such a problematic issue for Seattle to fix for getting close to a decade now.

LOL. Not really....that line is a fairly recent development. I saw some pretty bad lines as well. The name Chilo Rachal still gives me the shivers.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":1v6aetkt said:
Scottemojo":1v6aetkt said:
I love Martin as a center, or a guard, and wanted him for the Hawks.

I also craved Iupati. So far, I am far better at projecting Niner linemen than Seahawks.

Well, you just might get a shot at Iupati as a free agent next year. Kinda starting to think they will let him walk and was part of the reason they selected Martin and Brandon Thomas. I don't think they want to spend that much money on a guard.

Nor will we. I still suspect his run blocking will get him a 2nd deal with the NIners, somehow, some way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":31b8xghj said:
RolandDeschain":31b8xghj said:

O-line has been such a problematic issue for Seattle to fix for getting close to a decade now.

LOL. Not really....that line is a fairly recent development. I saw some pretty bad lines as well. The name Chilo Rachal still gives me the shivers.
Dude, I was only talking about injury rate, haha. Didn't even get to talent yet. Anyone know of a quick/easy way to track O-line injury rates by team each year? I bet Seattle's had the most injured one over the past eight seasons averaged out. I could be wrong, but if we don't lead the league in it, we'd have to be pretty close. I see some sites talk about our running game while mentioning things like "And remember, Seattle had key injuries to several starters on the O-line" and I'm thinking "I can't even tell which year he's referring to based on that", lol.

I'm kinda kidding, but kinda not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gt2a49b said:
Marvin49":2gt2a49b said:
RolandDeschain":2gt2a49b said:

Dude, I was only talking about injury rate, haha. Didn't even get to talent yet. Anyone know of a quick/easy way to track O-line injury rates by team each year? I bet Seattle's had the most injured one over the past eight seasons averaged out. I could be wrong, but if we don't lead the league in it, we'd have to be pretty close. I see some sites talk about our running game while mentioning things like "And remember, Seattle had key injuries to several starters on the O-line" and I'm thinking "I can't even tell which year he's referring to based on that", lol.

I'm kinda kidding, but kinda not.

LOL...yeah, in that regard the Niners have been pretty lucky. They've lost Iupati for stretches and Staley for a short time, but I can't really complain.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27qihmlj said:
Marvin49":27qihmlj said:
Scottemojo":27qihmlj said:

I also craved Iupati. So far, I am far better at projecting Niner linemen than Seahawks.

Well, you just might get a shot at Iupati as a free agent next year. Kinda starting to think they will let him walk and was part of the reason they selected Martin and Brandon Thomas. I don't think they want to spend that much money on a guard.

Nor will we. I still suspect his run blocking will get him a 2nd deal with the NIners, somehow, some way.

Possibly, but they never seem to keep anyone who reaches free agency. They either sign them early or not at all. I have the same concern with Crab.

It will probably be one or the other...or neither.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3g7998op said:
Scottemojo":3g7998op said:
Marvin49":3g7998op said:
Scottemojo":3g7998op said:

Possibly, but they never seem to keep anyone who reaches free agency. They either sign them early or not at all. I have the same concern with Crab.

I would pay Iupati. Seriously. And I loved Crabs coming out of college. Curry! *kicks wall*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ag717wi said:
Marvin49":3ag717wi said:
Scottemojo":3ag717wi said:
Marvin49":3ag717wi said:

I would pay Iupati. Seriously. And I loved Crabs coming out of college. Curry! *kicks wall*
Well we could have had Mark Sanchez! :stirthepot:

Brahn

Reaction score
Sanchez or Curry, man we sure had our pick of the floaties in the toilet bowl didn't we.

sc85sis

Reaction score
No way to know for sure, but Sanchez might have been better had he sat for a year and then ended up playing for Pete again. He was supposed to get coached by Tater at USC in 2009 but left for the draft instead. So Tater was in Cleveland, and USC (then the Hawks) ended up with Bates.