NFL mulls discipline for safety Seahawks' Jamal Adams

Mizak

Reaction score

The NFL is considering discipline against Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams for his actions toward the independent concussion doctor appointed by the NFL and NFLPA following his sideline evaluation in Monday night's game, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Smart Move, Adams. Let’s go after the doctor appointed both by NFL and NFLPA.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The NFL has to flex its muscles somewhere. Maybe they’ll fine Debol for chucking the tablet too..

oh no some doc got his feelings hurt over being yelled at.. that’s some stupid stuff tbh. Maybe the NFL should focus on the quality of its product being a flag fest every other play instead

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

The NFL is considering discipline against Seattle Seahawks safety Jamal Adams for his actions toward the independent concussion doctor appointed by the NFL and NFLPA following his sideline evaluation in Monday night's game, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Smart Move, Adams. Let’s go after the doctor appointed both by NFL and NFLPA.
Did he physically assault him or threaten him at all? Just add 15 yards to the end of play and call it a day.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Obviously it's impossible to draw a conclusion from the few facts we have here, but playing in the NFL causes both concussions and CTE, this is a fact. If they are going to punish them for what they do when they get these types of injuries, I think they are really walking a very thin line.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Doc needs to be able to make an evaluation of whether the patient is safe to return to play, without the fear of repercussions.

I’m sure Adam’s emotions got the better of him, but you can’t treat the guy that’s just looking out for your health like that, and the league can’t just overlook it.

Torc

Reaction score
Doc needs to be able to make an evaluation of whether the patient is safe to return to play, without the fear of repercussions.

I’m sure Adam’s emotions got the better of him, but you can’t treat the guy that’s just looking out for your health like that, and the league can’t just overlook it.
I agree 100%, but I don't think the action the league should take is to penalize the injured player. He's literally not in control of himself BECAUSE of the injury that was just diagnosed.

Being aware that a highly physical athlete might not be in control of himself and might do something unexpected....is expected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's Adams, it will get massively blown out of proportion. A football player got mad, oh the horror.
Players Union better jump in if needed. This is just next level stupid stuff.
Because he clearly "went after him"

Talk about reaching............

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I mean the thing with this is, why are they punishing him when he's clearly concussed and (as stated by multiple people here) not in his right mind because of the concussion?

Hey, here's some salt for your wounds ADAMS.
And when he first got up, you could SEE that he was wobbly. Preach player safety, then get mad when a guy is clearly concussed. How very NFL.
The guy got up like a boxer who just got knocked out. Dumb tackling form, sure. But he got a knee to the head.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
Geez he was upset at being benched the rest of the game after being out how long ? Making his first appearance where he used to play, which happened to be New York, and on Monday night, he may have been concussed enough not to be allowed to play, but like a Drinker who has had his keys taken and does not agree. They are intoxicated things can get heated quickly, seeing things being done for their own good and that of others isn't always in the forefront of there mind, or where ever it may be when concussed.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Where's the fine for Isaiah Simmons? That was not only a dangerous tackle but one on a player who was already out of bounds. They didn't even flag that.
Being as how it was a 100% legal tackle, what would you flag or fine him for? And how does that compare to an injured player, out of the game, dealing with non-team medical personnel? That's an apples to airplanes comparison.

Scout

Reaction score
100% a non issue. The man worked hard to be on the field and play again. He was emotionally devastated because he could not return.

Scout

Reaction score
Being as how it was a 100% legal tackle, what would you flag or fine him for? And how does that compare to an injured player, out of the game, dealing with non-team medical personnel? That's an apples to airplanes comparison.
That wasn't a legal tackle that is classic horse collar tackle even if we think it was in a grey area.