NFL RANK -- 6 SEAHAWKS (2-0) Previous rank: No. 8

ivotuk

Reaction score
RANK -- 6 SEAHAWKS (2-0) Previous rank: No. 8

For the second consecutive week, we saw how having Russell Wilson on your side in a close game can make all the difference. Wilson's numbers against the Steelers were excellent (29 for 35, 300 yards, 3 TDs), but I was most impressed by how the QB closed out Pittsburgh after the Steelers scored a touchdown to pull within two.

After taking over at his own 25 with 5:34 to play, Wilson converted a pair of first downs on passes to tight end Will Dissly and receiver Tyler Lockett, then scrambled 10 yards for a third first down, scrambled again for 9 yards (a play wiped out by penalty), then scrambled once more on third-and-16, picking up 15 yards to set up Chris Carson for the game-clinching fourth-and-1 conversion.

Art. Speaking of Dissly, the 2018 fourth-round pick was targeted five times and finished with five catches for 50 yards and two touchdowns. Another hit for general manager John Schneider.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... aints-sink

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maulbert":3r8einhs said:
It speaks to how the media drops trow for Pissburgh. Even when they suck ass, people think beating the Steelers means you're great. We still have work to do.

Way to piss on a thread. ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Aros":293hwxd8 said:
Maulbert":293hwxd8 said:
It speaks to how the media drops trow for Pissburgh. Even when they suck ass, people think beating the Steelers means you're great. We still have work to do.

Way to piss on a thread. ;)

Hey, I'm happy we're ranked so high, but we don't get this respect if we beat 3/4 of the rest of the league. The Stealers are treated like a sacred cow by these idiots. If they finish 6-10, they'll still be in the top 20 ranking. Notice they're ranked 4 spots ahead of the next 0-2 team, the Panthers, and are ahead of the Lions, who technically haven't lost yet. And this is after losing a future HoF QB for the season.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
All I know is, I hope it's Rapistberger's last game in the NFL. And I will rejoice that it happened vs the Seahawks. Poetic Justice.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maulbert":259413q2 said:

Uhhhhh...who did the teams that are ahead of us play?

xray

Reaction score
Maulbert":s3u2vh8u said:

Everybody knows that " a win is a win " ; but the real heavy lifting starts this week with the Saints @ home...the Saints will bring it...should be a gr8 game .

D

DomeHawk

The saying goes that "you gotta have a little luck too" and right now I think we are experiencing a LOT of good fortune. That isn't to take away anything the Seahawks have done so far but going into the season you had to look at a 10AM game in Pittsburg against Big Ben as problematic. Then, the rightful NFC champion coming in with another legit HOF'er at QB and you don't have to face either?

Good deal if you ask me.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":5o0mmyzj said:
Maulbert":5o0mmyzj said:

Everybody knows that " a win is a win " ; but the real heavy lifting starts this week with the Saints @ home...the Saints will bring it...should be a gr8 game .

Ahhhh.....so the "heavy lifting" wasn't going on the road at 10AM to beat a team most projected as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AFC.....the real heavy lifting is playing a team most projected as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC...at home....without their star QB for 4 quarters.

Got it.

I would imagine a win against the Saints will bring out more goal post moving for when we can wear a smile after a victory ;)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2g2vrpae said:
xray":2g2vrpae said:
Maulbert":2g2vrpae said:

Ahhhh.....so the "heavy lifting" wasn't going on the road at 10AM to beat a team most projected as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AFC.....the real heavy lifting is playing a team most projected as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC...at home....without their star QB for 4 quarters.

Got it.

I would imagine a win against the Saints will bring out more goal post moving for when we can wear a smile after a victory ;)

"Projected" by the "experts". AKA Stealer knob polishers.

xray

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3a9ha28m said:
xray":3a9ha28m said:
Maulbert":3a9ha28m said:

Got it.

A projected 2nd or third best AFC before the season...but after the Pats game that projection went out the window . They aren't in the same conversation with the Pats or the Chiefs . IMO

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":mh6tru38 said:
Hawkpower":mh6tru38 said:
xray":mh6tru38 said:
Maulbert":mh6tru38 said:

Got it.

A projected 2nd or third best AFC before the season...but after the Pats game that projection went out the window . They aren't in the same conversation with the Pats or the Chiefs . IMO

Possibly. Time will tell. Getting whipped in New England is hardly a walk of shame.

Winning in Pittsburgh...as a west coast team...is still an accomplishment until we see something drastic that tells us otherwise. Nothing wrong with temporarily feeling good about that win, even if down the road it looks less rosy if Pitt falls apart without Big Ben.

Some "heavy lifting" has already been done imo. Lets keep it up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":xpfxrbrn said:

Got it.;)

No one thought the Steelers were the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AFC anymore after they got embarrassed by the Patriots.

#6 seems about right. No complaints from me.