NFL TV Viewing Map: Week 15 vs 49ers (Friday Update)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like we added Fort Wayne Indiana, but lost Omaha and Lincoln Nebraska

UPDATES:
Fort Wayne IN: MIN-DET to SF-SEA
Omaha and Lincoln NE: SF-SEA to MIN-DET

253hawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":25n8ofdq said:
What is up with Lubbock Texas showing the Cincinnati Cleveland game? Is Manhole from Lubbock? I do find it fun to see the little pockets that some odd games get broadcast.

EDIT: Google shows that johnny football is all about Texas.

SC

Before Manziel was announced as starter:
B4mVsgPCIAA8klR0

After:
Capture0

Why does anyone really care what this little douche does? His team beat Alabama once and it's been a perpetual felllatio-fest by the media ever since.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure you can be a true football fan and say you don't want to watch Manziel. His style of play is unique, in a game full of and about conformity. He's exciting to watch in a league that sometimes lacks excitement. As a football nerd, I'll be watching (from the suite of course).

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Despite the fact that Detroit is playing at home, they are pushing the game to a later time so everyone across the midwest has to watch GB. The 4pm Lions game is the reason I will miss SF @ Seattle. I HATE where I live and how poor I am. I cannot afford Sunday Ticket.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1png2hwd said:
I'm not sure you can be a true football fan and say you don't want to watch Manziel. His style of play is unique, in a game full of and about conformity. He's exciting to watch in a league that sometimes lacks excitement. As a football nerd, I'll be watching (from the suite of course).
I don't get why you can't be a true football fan and not like watching him. Personally his style is similar to Wilson, Tarkenton, Young and so on. It isn't like it's never been seen or done before. He'll be fun to watch for a year or two until his shortcomings in the mental department cause his downfall. My antipathy for him doesn't have to do with his possible football skills but everything else about him.

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ezg9has said:
pehawk":2ezg9has said:
I don't get why you can't be a true football fan and not like watching him. Personally his style is similar to Wilson, Tarkenton, Young and so on. It isn't like it's never been seen or done before. He'll be fun to watch for a year or two until his shortcomings in the mental department cause his downfall. My antipathy for him doesn't have to do with his possible football skills but everything else about him.

Exactly my point. I also couldn't care less about anyone's personality, they're football players, who cares about anything else? Also, I don't get a negative vibe from Jonny at all. He's 21, let him be dumb, all of us were at his age.

253hawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3plp8ykz said:

I'll watch solely for the same reason I 'watched' Tebow...to see them fail spectacularly.

pehawk

Reaction score
He may indeed fail, but that instinct of his makes him must watch, IMO. Instinct like that doesn't come along as often as you think.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1v7s3weu said:
MizzouHawkGal":1v7s3weu said:
pehawk":1v7s3weu said:

Exactly my point. I also couldn't care less about anyone's personality, they're football players, who cares about anything else? Also, I don't get a negative vibe from Jonny at all. He's 21, let him be dumb, all of us were at his age.
All of us weren't as spoiled or dumb as he is. In fact few people are, he isn't your typical kid on a full ride scholarship (he never needed it in the first place). It's because of his background and upbringing that he's acting so dumb and with no respect because even if he washes out of football there will be no real consquences for him just like at Texas A&M. He's set for life regardless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":27sadz0h said:
He may indeed fail, but that instinct of his makes him must watch, IMO. Instinct like that doesn't come along as often as you think.
Wilson has it and Luck has it to a degree. Cunningham and Young had it. Heck Billy Kilmer and Favre had it. Improvisation not as rare as you're making it out to be.

pehawk

Reaction score
Disagree. Even if I did agree, I wouldn't care. I don't watch football so I can appreciate the players behavior or personality. I'm a little to old to have role models.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pehawk":1996k2s9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1996k2s9 said:
pehawk":1996k2s9 said:

There's 21/College dumb. And then there is Manziel.

Of all of the 20 somethings that play college/rookie NFL football, how many of them do you see making the choices he does?

He's a cut above everyone else in this category and it's not even close.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":3211ea80 said:
Disagree. Even if I did agree, I wouldn't care. I don't watch football so I can appreciate the players behavior or personality. I'm a little to old to have role models.
You're within you rights to feel that way it doesn't affect my opinion one way or the other.

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1lenig7m said:
pehawk":1lenig7m said:
Wilson has it and Luck has it to a degree. Cunningham and Young had it. Heck Billy Kilmer and Favre had it. Improvisation not as rare as you're making it out to be.

Again, you're kind of reinforcing my point. Players like you mentioned above are kind of rare. Every few drafts or so. The Wilson, Luck and Farve's types ever rarer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1y095f18 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1y095f18 said:
pehawk":1y095f18 said:

Again, you're kind of reinforcing my point. Players like you mentioned above are kind of rare. Every few drafts or so. The Wilson, Luck and Farve's types ever rarer.
I don't see Manziel in the same class though he doesn't have the mental makeup of even Farvre let alone Luck or Wilson and nowhere near the arm. But the big thing is the mental shortcomings, it's like "look at him pull some rabbit out his ass he must be good" and he's just above decent because he doesn't actually understand the quarterback position and that the mental side is 90% of the key to success in it.

pehawk

Reaction score
You're the one that brought up those names, not me. You said that right after you called him "exciting".

IMO, Manziel has a chance to be to spread quarterbacking what Manning was to pocket quarterbacking; a savant. Where Manning installed a playbook for his OC, Manziel may uninstall one. Manziel's tao understanding of space and broken plays is amazing. And, as you said, it's exciting. He could very well end up being the Jeff George of quarterbacking too.

I will never hold acting like every other 19yo in college against Jonny. Dude went out and risked brain damage and paralysis every Saturday, for some southerners amusement. Good for him for playing football at a high level while still getting to behave like other 19yo's in college. Really, good for him.

I'll always have a personal bias to dudes that flash that type of lifestyle as a middle finger to those who say you shouldn't. My gut tells me now that he's getting PAID to actually play, things will be different.

Mental shortcomings? You know him? Is there a tabloid magazine or something?

Largent80

Reaction score
A lot of people consider Philip Rivers to be brash or goofy. The fact is he is damn good as a qb, and is fairly nimble for his size.

Iv'e always liked the guy personally and never got the hate.

pehawk

Reaction score
People sure seem to not know their NFL history. Farve was less well behaved in college, and it's not even close. Yet, he's used as the model citizen?

Farve was hooked on painkillers, played diva every year over retirement, sent unrequested crotch pics to reporters, but a 19yo getting drunk is the issue?

Makes sense.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1awop3bv said:
You're the one that brought up those names, not me. You said that right after you called him "exciting".

IMO, Manziel has a chance to be to spread quarterbacking what Manning was to pocket quarterbacking; a savant. Where Manning installed a playbook for his OC, Manziel may uninstall one. Manziel's tao understanding of space and broken plays is amazing. And, as you said, it's exciting. He could very well end up being the Jeff George of quarterbacking too.

I will never hold acting like every other 19yo in college against Jonny. Dude went out and risked brain damage and paralysis every Saturday, for some southerners amusement. Good for him for playing football at a high level while still getting to behave like other 19yo's in college. Really, good for him.

I'll always have a personal bias to dudes that flash that type of lifestyle as a middle finger to those who say you shouldn't. My gut tells me now that he's getting PAID to actually play, things will be different.

Mental shortcomings? You know him? Is there a tabloid magazine or something?

Have to agree with Pe. As a football fan I'm excited to see how Manziel does, watching him and Gordon could be really fun.

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, and maybe people should google Farve's early years. Maybe they could learn a little NFL history; there's a reason he slipped to round 2 and was traded. He made Manziel look like Russell Wilson.