NFL Viewing Map @ Rams

Mizak

Reaction score
East Coast Bias strikes again, with Jets and Bills getting #1 announcers Nantz and Romo.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
East Coast Bias strikes again, with Jets and Bills getting #1 announcers Nantz and Romo.
I think CBS is still mad at us for that nonsense we pulled in Baltimore when they gave us the best coverage.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Once again they are completely out of tune with the local fan base. I’m in NW Montana, just about 80 miles east of the Idaho border. This is Broncos and Seahawks country, about evenly split, with a slight edge to the Broncos in numbers, and a slight edge to Seahawks in STHs and in traveling or individual games.

In what world does the Bills-Jets game appeal to either of these fan bases?

So annoying. Guess I’ll head back to B-Dubs for the game.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Once again they are completely out of tune with the local fan base. I’m in NW Montana, just about 80 miles east of the Idaho border. This is Broncos and Seahawks country, about evenly split, with a slight edge to the Broncos in numbers, and a slight edge to Seahawks in STHs and in traveling or individual games.

In what world does the Bills-Jets game appeal to either of these fan bases?

So annoying. Guess I’ll head back to B-Dubs for the game.
No the NFL KNOWS most of the country can't wait to see the Jets or Giants! You are lying to yourself if you'd rather watch anything else, save for the COWBOYS, which EVERYONE in America loves, unless they HATE AMERICA. Only people who HATE AMERICA can ever get enough cowboys, jets and giants coverage!

It's what THE PEOPLE, or at least the only ones who matter, want, so stop whining!

Enjoy that Jets game, cuz you KNOW it's the game you want! The NFL just told you so!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Hey, maybe they should have EVERY prime time game feature the Cowboys Giants and Jets, I mean what other games even really matter?

BASF

Reaction score
You know, this brings up an interesting question: when is it decided what games will be featured? I can absolutely see the NFL at the beginning of the season thinking that a matchup between Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen would be the far more interesting draw for NFL fans and thus garner more viewers across those regions. At the beginning of the season, it was highly speculated that one of those two teams could represent the AFC in the super bowl.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think most people misunderstand how they decide these games in each market.

Each team has their own market which will air their game every week. Outside of those areas each individual market decides what game they want to air. The only stipulation here is that some weeks CNS has one game with FIX the double header while other weeks it is the other way around. Each local market picks the game they feel will get them the most views.

CBS is historically an AFC market so many local markets will default to the AFC game. Ours used to do that up here unless it was a big matchup that could help decide the NFC. Our CBS affiliate finally got on our bandwagon after 48.

BASF

Reaction score
Th
I think most people misunderstand how they decide these games in each market.

Each team has their own market which will air their game every week. Outside of those areas each individual market decides what game they want to air. The only stipulation here is that some weeks CNS has one game with FIX the double header while other weeks it is the other way around. Each local market picks the game they feel will get them the most views.

CBS is historically an AFC market so many local markets will default to the AFC game. Ours used to do that up here unless it was a big matchup that could help decide the NFC. Our CBS affiliate finally got on our bandwagon after 48.
I read an article stating that local markets have no say in what they get. I realized that it was from 2019, so I don't know if it has changed since then.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You know, this brings up an interesting question: when is it decided what games will be featured? I can absolutely see the NFL at the beginning of the season thinking that a matchup between Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen would be the far more interesting draw for NFL fans and thus garner more viewers across those regions. At the beginning of the season, it was highly speculated that one of those two teams could represent the AFC in the super bowl.
I’m sure there is an initial plan before the season, and I agree that in the preseason Rodgers vs Allen was a more compelling story line than Hawks v Lambs.

The schedule gets changed as the season progresses, thus we get updated coverage maps each week.

I can’t imagine there is anyone within 1,000 miles (literally) of us who thinks the Jets-Bills draws a bigger crowd in this region. If I was a local advertiser, I would be pissed.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Th
I read an article stating that local markets have no say in what they get. I realized that it was from 2019, so I don't know if it has changed since then.

They don’t get to pick and choose what games are available. But they get to pick from what is available to their national network. At least that’s the case in my market as I spoke at length a few years ago to the sports director of our local FOX affiliate about this issue.

There are some markets designated as team markets that have to show certain games each week and that have to show them so in that case this is true.

It is possible that some markets are not controlled locally as I believe many local markets are owned by national companies and decisions for those may be coming from some desk wherever that company is located.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I’m sure there is an initial plan before the season, and I agree that in the preseason Rodgers vs Allen was a more compelling story line than Hawks v Lambs.

The schedule gets changed as the season progresses, thus we get updated coverage maps each week.

I can’t imagine there is anyone within 1,000 miles (literally) of us who thinks the Jets-Bills draws a bigger crowd in this region. If I was a local advertiser, I would be pissed.
I am about 500 miles from Havre in the Treasure Valley Idaho....yes we get the Seahawks game. I hated it in Nevada when they would show the Denver game over the Seahawk game.