Nick Wright absolutely NAILS it on his analysis about Russ

BamKam

Reaction score
He knows Russ better than a good chunk of our own fanbase and has been one of the few (if not only) in the national media who has actually paid attention.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My theory on Russ is he's wilting before our very eyes, and it's not just a fast erosion of his physical skills.

For a decade Pete and this organization shielded Russ against all criticism, in and outside of the locker room. They never held him accountable, and they put on the biggest kid gloves in franchise history when it came to criticizing him.

Well my friends, that's GONE. ALL GONE.

He's now being hammered from all sides, nationally and now internally with his own teammates, fanbase and Denver media.......and his thin skin can't handle it. He's literally gripping and choking before the nation's eyes.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
My theory on Russ is he's wilting before our very eyes, and it's not just a fast erosion of his physical skills.

For a decade Pete and this organization shielded Russ against all criticism, in and outside of the locker room. They never held him accountable, and they put on the biggest kid gloves in franchise history when it came to criticizing him.

Well my friends, that's GONE. ALL GONE.

He's now being hammered from all sides, nationally and now internally with his own teammates, fanbase and Denver media.......and his thin skin can't handle it. He's literally gripping and choking before the nation's eyes.
pete finally let go, and to that i give him credit. it took too long, but atleast he came to his senses.

and wilson was never going to have near the same support system that he had in seattle. he was a fan favorite, could do no wrong. his veteran coach "shielded" him against all criticism, as you aptly put. he goes to denver where he has no support system, and has a rookie, bewildered coach in nathaniel hackett that can't "shield" him from the media or players in that locker-room. and the players in that locker-room already look at wilson as an outsider. wilson was probably the longest tenured seahawk before he forced his way to denver. in denver, he was a new member of that franchise, and just got paid big money before doing anything for that team. there's going to be a lot of anger and resentment towards him in locker-room if he can't turn denver into a winner.

i'm gonna make this about the broncos for a sec. the broncos clearly didn't do their homework. clearly. the book has been out there on wilson and his limitations. they made assumptions. and it shows. they bought into the "brand". and there's going to be repercussions, maybe even sooner than later, because of this franchise-altering move. and it was one thing to trade for him. but to blindly extend him for an additional 5 years with big big big guaranteed money? oof. people will soon be fired in that organization. but guess who's not going anywhere? russell carrington wilson. they're stuck with him for multiple seasons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pete finally let go, and to that i give him credit. it took too long, but atleast he came to his senses.

Right, and as soon as Pete started publicly criticizing Russ he wanted out.

I don't feel one bit sorry for Wilson, he created this entire mess. He could have stayed here and became the most beloved sports star in Seattle sports history. His own self delusion has been his downfall.

knownone

Reaction score
Kurt Warner had a good film breakdown of Russell's throws from last night's game. And despite putting most of the blame on Russell, he noted several plays that were inches away from working. So we're talking four near misses from this being a Broncos blowout. So I'm not ready to bury Russ yet. And I think the pendulum is swinging too far away from reality in the negative direction.

With that said, I agree with Wright (which is rare). Because if this is who Wilson is, this is the worst trade in NFL history by a wide margin. And it looks like he may have already lost the locker room, so it feels unlikely he can galvanize the team like 2015 Manning or other clearly diminishing QBs.

Echawks

Reaction score
I just kind of feel bad for him, I loved him in Seattle and was pissed when he wanted out.. I was hoping he wouldn’t be as good in Denver as he was in Seattle but this is just sad to watch.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I just kind of feel bad for him, I loved him in Seattle and was pissed when he wanted out.. I was hoping he wouldn’t be as good in Denver as he was in Seattle but this is just sad to watch.
Don’t feel bad. He can retire tomorrow and walk away from it all and still be loaded. Like others said.. he did this to himself.

Latest posts