Nkemdiche

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
the guy is a giant numb-skull. he will have off field problems, you can take that to the bank.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":9c12n52p said:
You guys have anointed this guy as some sort of messiah. he hasn't played a down in this league. Plus we are getting guys up front with actual talent.

All I can really go on is what I see on tape. And I realize that is not 100%. I do. But it's so much more meaningful, I think, than these measurables from the combine.

Anyhow if you watch nkemdiche's tape he just absolutely blows up zone blocking schemes. And the team running the scheme? Alabama. It is pretty telling, I think, when a guy is blowing through the Bama line and disrupting the play in the backfield.

And contrast that with watching Ifedi's tape. He starts from a 2 point stance and is backing up into his own backfield so fast that he loses his balance. He has long arms but is grabby and awkward when run blocking.

I mean, who knows what these guys will actually be like when they get to our teams. I love Ifedi's personality. He seems like a great kid who is super excited to be a Seahawk. That is awesome.

But when I look at the tape, I fear for our team's future.

Basis4day

Reaction score
xgeoff":ezd8nh2g said:
Largent80":ezd8nh2g said:
You guys have anointed this guy as some sort of messiah. he hasn't played a down in this league. Plus we are getting guys up front with actual talent.

Anyhow if you watch nkemdiche's tape he just absolutely blows up zone blocking schemes. And the team running the scheme? Alabama. It is pretty telling, I think, when a guy is blowing through the Bama line and disrupting the play in the backfield.

And contrast that with watching Ifedi's tape. He starts from a 2 point stance and is backing up into his own backfield so fast that he loses his balance. He has long arms but is grabby and awkward when run blocking.

You start by describing how Nkemdiche does against the run and contrast it with how Ifedi does against the pass.

I'd like to hear how they contrast in the same areas.

Largent80

Reaction score
I didn't see any Alabama o-linemen drafted in the first round so, they must be slightly pedestrian. On the other hand, A & M has had an o-lineman drafted in the first round for 7 years in a row.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Basis4day":1trf1qq5 said:
xgeoff":1trf1qq5 said:
Largent80":1trf1qq5 said:

You start by describing how Nkemdiche does against the run and contrast it with how Ifedi does against the pass.

I'd like to hear how they contrast in the same areas.

I do say that Ifedi is grabby and awkward when run blocking. I haven't seen enough of Nkemdiche's pass rushing to contrast the two but Ifedi's Pass Blocking technique is not good from what I have seen so I'm not sure it matters how good Nkemdiche's pass rushing is.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":29o8ylkh said:
I didn't see any Alabama o-linemen drafted in the first round so, they must be slightly pedestrian. On the other hand, A & M has had an o-lineman drafted in the first round for 7 years in a row.

Their center was a first rounder. And one of their tackles will be a top 5 pick next year.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":b2zkqom4 said:
Um, Ryan Kelly, Center, went to the Colts.

And how many of those A&M linemen are starters now? I honestly don't know, maybe all 7. Just asking.

xgeoff

Reaction score
xgeoff":2nmjuldt said:
Largent80":2nmjuldt said:
Um, Ryan Kelly, Center, went to the Colts.

And how many of those A&M linemen are starters now? I honestly don't know, maybe all 7. Just asking.

OK, here are the A&M Linemen chosen in the first round in the last 7 years:

2016 Germain Ifedi -- unproven
2015 Cedric Ogbuehi -- not a starter yet
2014 Jake Matthews -- starting LT on a very good Falcons line (rated 4th in league by PFF)
2013 Luke Joeckel -- starting LT for the Jags. He is rated as a dud by PFF. They say 'With eight sacks allowed and a team-worst pass blocking grade, the Jags must have hoped for more from Luke Joeckel by now.' In 2014 the Jags had the 2nd worst line in the league. They were much better last year, but Joeckel was the worst player on the line which ranked 18th, so still in the bottom half of the league.

So, there are your '7' players. I am not impressed.

Largent80

Reaction score
Geez guys, deal with it. Ifedi is a Seahawk for years to come whether YOU like it or not.
And your all pro Nkemdiche will probably line up accross from him.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":3bk8cink said:
Geez guys, deal with it. Ifedi is a Seahawk for years to come whether YOU like it or not.

Look, I would love to wrong about this, because it will mean that we got a really good lineman. But this is our forum to vent our frustrations, and right now I am frustrated with this pick, for the reasons I've outlined previously. It was frustrating to watch our O-line last year and the improvements are as follows:

-- Bradley Sowell
-- Germain Ifedi
-- J'marcus Webb

I mean, I am really concerned. These additions do not give me a lot of confidence. Tom Cable does not have my confidence yet. He hasn't improved Justin Britt. He hasn't had a lot of success, IMO, with his projects. This forum allows me to express and explain that concern.

two dog

Reaction score
Man, did you notice Nkemdiche's posse. No mama, no girlfriend.
Just a bunch of guys all dressed in black sporting skinny brim
porkpie hats.

No, there's nothing wrong with porkpie hats, nothing wrong with
all black dress. I'm just saying the look of their green room table
was in sharp contrast to those around them.

I don't think this guy's attitude has changed an angstrom. Arians
will be coach of the year if he straightens Nkemdiche out.

Basis4day

Reaction score
As of right now, the Cardinals don't pick until #92 in the third rd.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
two dog":3a1mse0e said:
Man, did you notice Nkemdiche's posse. No mama, no girlfriend.
Just a bunch of guys all dressed in black sporting skinny brim
porkpie hats.

No, there's nothing wrong with porkpie hats, nothing wrong with
all black dress. I'm just saying the look of their green room table
was in sharp contrast to those around them.

I don't think this guy's attitude has changed an angstrom. Arians
will be coach of the year if he straightens Nkemdiche out.
Definitely not a good harbinger having all posse and no family. Obviously since the franchise was successful in helping Mathieu square his life around, they think they can do it with this guy too. More power to them if they can. He's obviously good value at pick #30 based on his game and physical attributes. But getting lightning to strike twice is a difficult proposition.

McGruff

Reaction score
I was bliss on Nkemdiche before the draft, a d I'm not turning on him just cause he went to a rival.

My concern with passing on his talent becuase of character issues was that I felt that way about the Badger as well, and look what he did. Arizona experience there should help . . . IF Nkemdiche want the help.

Largent80

Reaction score
Regarding Britt.

Regarding polishing a turd.

Cable is a coach that hasn't had jack squat to work with, everyone knows it yet expect miracles when given turds to polish.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":8uwl3387 said:
Regarding Britt.

Regarding polishing a turd.

Cable is a coach that hasn't had jack squat to work with, everyone knows it yet expect miracles when given turds to polish.

Well, we do agree that Justin Britt is a turd ;)

Chapow

Reaction score
Nkemdiche is a talented football player. He also has a track record of being a knucklehead that makes poor decisions off the field. He's young, immature, and obviously has a lot of growing up to do. He's about to get a pile of money. Apparently getting a pet panther is near the top of his to do list with that pile of money.

Supposedly, according to some of you guys, he is an all pro talent. All pro talents don't drop to #30 unless they have red flags serious enough to scare off most of the front offices in the league.

Almost every team in the league passed on this supposed all pro talent. Including the Seahawks. If we had wanted him, he would be a Seahawk right now. We didn't. And for good reason.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Once a knucklehead usually always a knucklehead.

I predict he'll get himself suspended sooner rather than later. I thought he was overrated b/c his film sure didn't show his elite athleticism on any consistent basis.