No Harvin = No Superbowl Victory.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
evergreen":2tytqke3 said:
Think about the nepotism trade too. Anquan Boldin to your brother for a 6th? We paid so much for Harvin that w/o the Super Bowl it would really suck. But come on, we all know that Super Bowl was worth every player and dollar lost on this deal. Just that kick off alone was freakin' priceless. The jet sweep really put the fear of God in the Broncos. I think that sparked the win. I agree we win without him but it wouldn't have been as awesome. Always compete or you're out of here.
We easily win the super bowl without Harvin, and no his return wasn't "priceless".

In no universe was Harvin "worth it", because we easily win the super bowl without him AND he took up so much cap space (and draft picks) that he seriously hurt out chances of repeating this year.

We are WORSE this year because of the trade, and he was not needed last year.

Please stop trying to justify the worst move in Hawks history.

ctrcat

Reaction score
BS argument that only makes things worse-Eric Reid and/or others wouldn't be 9ers as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20... One could argue the Seahawks go get Boldin instead.. Or if you want to get really deep into the what if game, had they kept their draft choices they could very well have wound up with a combination of Gio Bernard/Keenan Allen instead of Percy and Michael

We'll never know.. But we won the Super Bowl anyway so that's one wonderful silver lining to this whole fiasco

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3j1rswh7 said:
We're supposed to assume Harvin would have been on the field for SF in that game when he wasn't for us? Meh.

That was what I was most curious about.

Why would he have played for the 49ers in that game when he didn't play for the Hawks in the same game?

The guy would have been out till the Superbowl, either way, so he wouldn't have been a factor in that NFC Championship game.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2evmc23z said:
ivotuk":2evmc23z said:
Probably the best article I've read on the situation:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... o-the-jets
"........... He's not your average receiver that runs the entire route tree and can get open on his own. Seattle had to scheme plays to get him the ball, and they were struggling to do so............"
I wish people on here would listen to opposing ideas.

Ive been mentioning over and over again that harvin has ALWAYS been a poor route runner and has ALWAYS been used at the LOS.

And yet most people on here continued to believe he excells at everything.

Also, he doesn't have good hands. Its another reason he works close to the LOS with easier passes.

Harvin is a VERY LIMITED wr.