No interest in Ezekiel Elliott?

Nunya

Reaction score
It is interesting that no one has brought up Zeke....or maybe I missed it. I can certainly understand the reason. Too expensive...too broken. Only the Eagle, Jets, and Bengals have shown interest and the Bengals just shut the door on him. I doubt if anybody would give him more than a 1 year deal and I suspect Zek wants more for a one year deal than teams are willing to spend. Doubt anybody would get a full season out of him.

Torc

Reaction score
He had a 3.8YPC last season compared with Tony Pollard's 5.2 YPC, behind the same offensive line. Nope.

I could see a team giving him a 1 year at the veteran minimum. But I hope it's not the Seahawks. There are younger, cheaper and hungrier options.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was concerned right after his release when a rumour broke that the Hawks were interested and even explored trading for him. Glad it doesn't seem to be the case. If he comes really cheap on a 1 year prove it deal or something, I get it.

chrispy

Reaction score
Aging, expensive, often injured RBs are not coveted. Add all of Zeke's off-field history..., he has some time to ponder his future this year. He'll get a contract somewhere, but not what he wants and not where he wants. He could sell some tickets and jerseys still in TX so I'd guess there's a reasonable chance he ends up in Houston.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Between Elliot and Henry, would much rather have Henry, but pretty sure the FO is going to grab a decent RB in the upcoming draft.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
OTC says effective cap space is negative. Which means we have to shuffle contracts around right now, just to sign the upcoming rookie class. I don't think they can squeeze another FA signing in, let alone the money that Zeke likely will get.

bileever

Reaction score
I read an article that said Elliot's camp's statement that he's narrowed it down the Jets, Bengals and Eagles was just an attempt to generate interest, and that those three teams were likely not interested in him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He had a 3.8YPC last season compared with Tony Pollard's 5.2 YPC, behind the same offensive line. Nope.

I could see a team giving him a 1 year at the veteran minimum. But I hope it's not the Seahawks. There are younger, cheaper and hungrier options.
He's not as explosive as he was. For sure. And Pollard is very good.

But part of that YPC difference is context. Zeke got the short yardage and goal line stuff. Of course he's going to have a lower YPC.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Metrics say he'll get hurt again, they have a lot of draft capital, there's a lot of backs in the draft, they already have their bell cow. Just wait for Walker Kenneth Ranger to go off in his sophomore season. We need a thumper, which is Zeke's body type though not Zeke.