No Seahawks: What to Watch This Weekend

kidhawk

Reaction score

No Seahawks this weekend, so I thought I'd look and see what was available for me to watch. (I posted the link to the site with all the local game maps above).

It looks like if you're on the west coast there is really only 3 options (4 counting London), 1 in the early slot and 2 in the late slot plus the London game for those so inclined:

1)NFLN London Game (Super Early Slot) - Bills/Jags

2) CBS Early Slot - Ravens/Steelers

3) CBS Late Slot - Chiefs/Vikings

4) FOX Late Slot - Eagles/Rams

So, for us West coasters, there's the choice in the late slot to watch Chiefs @ Vikings or Eagles @ Rams.

I think I'll be watching the Eagles @ Rams as both teams are upcoming opponents and both are currently in the running for playoff seeding. Personally, I think the Rams will fall off as the season progresses, so I really believe I should root against the Eagles, but man it's hard to root for the Rams to win a game, especially this early in the season.

Chapow

Reaction score
The weather is going to be really nice this weekend. Might be the last weekend with summer like weather until next year. I'm not wasting that sitting inside watching teams I don't really care about. I'm spending my weekend on the golf course.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score

No Seahawks this weekend, so I thought I'd look and see what was available for me to watch. (I posted the link to the site with all the local game maps above).

It looks like if you're on the west coast there is really only 3 options (4 counting London), 1 in the early slot and 2 in the late slot plus the London game for those so inclined:

1)NFLN London Game (Super Early Slot) - Bills/Jags

2) CBS Early Slot - Ravens/Steelers

3) CBS Late Slot - Chiefs/Vikings

4) FOX Late Slot - Eagles/Rams

So, for us West coasters, there's the choice in the late slot to watch Chiefs @ Vikings or Eagles @ Rams.

I think I'll be watching the Eagles @ Rams as both teams are upcoming opponents and both are currently in the running for playoff seeding. Personally, I think the Rams will fall off as the season progresses, so I really believe I should root against the Eagles, but man it's hard to root for the Rams to win a game, especially this early in the season.
Chiefs / Vikings could be an offensive bonanaza with a lot of scoring too.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The weather is going to be really nice this weekend. Might be the last weekend with summer like weather until next year. I'm not wasting that sitting inside watching teams I don't really care about. I'm spending my weekend on the golf course.
Same.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, supposed to be 78 in the Seattle Area. Great day to get out to a brewery or something outside.
We may go see a few of the new Trolls that went up in the area.
This artist is incredible

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Usually I find the weather in the first two weeks of September to be some of the best all year, but this last September was kind of crappy, so I am going to take advantage of this nice October weekend, and...
  • Watch my grass get shorter.
  • Watch the weeds in my rock beds get fewer.
  • Watch my car, van, and truck get cleaner.
  • Watch my air conditioner units get put away until next summer.
  • Watch my house get winterized.
  • Watch the battery in my truck get a full charge with a quick drive to, Rattle Snake Lake.
Rattle Snake Lake
Rattle Snake Lake is a short drive from the Seattle area (less than 30 minutes from Covington), very scenic & relaxing, maybe take our small camp stove and make a bite of breakfast. Go for a walk with my wife and our family dog, Timber. I lived very close to here in the late 1980's. It's also Home to the John Wayne Trail. There's a camp ground that I have never stayed at, but it might someday be a great meeting place for Seahawk fans to meet some day in the future. Just saying, I think it would be a great venue!

Also, if the NFL needs to take a weekend off from the NFL, than I probably need to take a week off from the NFL as well. Give some time back to my family...

Chapow

Reaction score
Usually I find the weather in the first two weeks of September to be some of the best all year, but this last September was kind of crappy, so I am going to take advantage of this nice October weekend, and...
  • Watch the battery in my truck get a full charge with a quick drive to, Rattle Snake Lake.
View attachment 61081
Rattle Snake Lake is a short drive from the Seattle area (less than 30 minutes from Covington), very scenic & relaxing, maybe take our small camp stove and make a bite of breakfast. Go for a walk with my wife and our family dog, Timber. I lived very close to here in the late 1980's. It's also Home to the John Wayne Trail. There's a camp ground that I have never stayed at, but it might someday be a great meeting place for Seahawk fans to meet some day in the future. Just saying, I think it would be a great venue!

Also, if the NFL needs to take a weekend off from the NFL, than I probably need to take a week off from the NFL as well. Give some time back to my family...

Just a heads up, if you're looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to spend a beautiful summer like day, Rattlesnake Lake probably isn't what you're looking for. It's an absolute zoo on weekends when the weather is nice. Unless you get there really early in the morning, you'll be parking a mile or more down the road and hauling whatever you're bringing with you to an extremely busy and crowded park like area on the lake. I live at the bottom of the hill off of Cedar Falls Road, less than 3 miles from Rattlesnake, and my wife and I don't go up there on weekends. It's nuts up there. It's basically Gas Works Park, but in the mountains and without the gas works.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
View attachment 61081

Make sure you go very early. Rattlesnake is like the Mall on the weekends. Great hike though, and pretty easy. I'll shoot you a PM sometime if there's another Hawks group hitting a hike. Usually it would be there, or Little Si or at Big Si. Maybe Poo Poo point.
A really good hike that's not nearly as busy is Margaret's Way up to the Bullitt Fireplace and Debbie's View. It's off Highway 900 in Issaquah. Sign says "Cougar Mountain" Even on the weekends it's not that busy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice weather or not, I am still going to enjoy a Sunday of NFL football where I don't have to stress about the Seahawks. I'm in full blown moving mode so I'll be spending all day Saturday cleaning out the garage and consolidating bins and boxes. FUN!!!

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Chiefs v Vikes might be fun. I figure the Vikes will keep it close - maybe even lead for a while or possibly look to have the game on ice - and then utterly collapse. The Vikes are one of the hardest luck teams ever. The Chiefs are the better team by a mile - but they tend to drop a clinker now and then - this might be the weekend for that - but they still win because Vikings.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Just a heads up, if you're looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to spend a beautiful summer like day, Rattle Snake Lake probably isn't what you're looking for. It's an absolute zoo on weekends when the weather is nice. Unless you get there really early in the morning, you'll be parking a mile or more down the road and hauling whatever you're bringing with you to an extremely busy and crowded park like area on the lake. I live at the bottom of the hill off of Cedar Falls Road, less than 3 miles from Rattle Snake, and my wife and I don't go up there on weekends. It's nuts up there.
Oh, you are correct!

There is a way around it though.

Would you be interested in doing something like this next year?

Threedee

Reaction score
View attachment 61081

Are there rattlesnakes?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Nice weather or not, I am still going to enjoy a Sunday of NFL football where I don't have to stress about the Seahawks. I'm in full blown moving mode so I'll be spending all day Saturday cleaning out the garage and consolidating bins and boxes. FUN!!

Just a heads up, if you're looking for a peaceful and relaxing place to spend a beautiful summer like day, Rattlesnake Lake probably isn't what you're looking for. It's an absolute zoo on weekends when the weather is nice. Unless you get there really early in the morning, you'll be parking a mile or more down the road and hauling whatever you're bringing with you to an extremely busy and crowded park like area on the lake. I live at the bottom of the hill off of Cedar Falls Road, less than 3 miles from Rattlesnake, and my wife and I don't go up there on weekends. It's nuts up there. It's basically Gas Works Park, but in the mountains and without the gas works.
Chapow -
I was thinking about bringing my telescope.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oh, you are correct!

There is a way around it though.

Would you be interested in doing something like this next year?

Not really sure what you mean by, there's a way around it? Yes, there's another route to get up there if you get off exit 31 and drive through the Uplands and Wilderness Rim, but you'll still arrive at the same very busy and crowded place if you go there on a weekend when the weather is nice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice weather or not, I am still going to enjoy a Sunday of NFL football where I don't have to stress about the Seahawks. I'm in full blown moving mode so I'll be spending all day Saturday cleaning out the garage and consolidating bins and boxes. FUN!!!
god, moving just plain sucks. Do you have your drink menu ready?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Are there rattlesnakes?
No.
Not really sure what you mean by, there's a way around it? Yes, there's another route to get up there if you get off exit 31 and drive through the Uplands and Wilderness Rim, but you'll still arrive at the same very busy and crowded place if you go there on a weekend when the weather is nice.
So, would you be up for it no?
I think it would be fun!