Not SB favorites any longer

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3sdrpt4k said:
Favored for what?

See thread title

MizzouHawkGal":3sdrpt4k said:
Not even a preseason game has been played. Nobody has any business guessing what any particular team will do before 4 regular season games have been played. As for Superbowl favorites? I'd figure about 12 regular season games need to be played for a decent guess.

Ok sounds good. From this moment on, never project anything in the NFL until 12 games have been played. Ever.

:roll:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cc2zsl4t said:
MizzouHawkGal":cc2zsl4t said:
Favored for what?

See thread title

MizzouHawkGal":cc2zsl4t said:
Not even a preseason game has been played. Nobody has any business guessing what any particular team will do before 4 regular season games have been played. As for Superbowl favorites? I'd figure about 12 regular season games need to be played for a decent guess.

Ok sounds good. From this moment on, never project anything in the NFL until 12 games have been played. Ever.

:roll:

Actually, plenty of people have business guessing what particular teams will do before the season even begins. Millions of dollars are made and lost by guessing before hand. I guess Mizzou and Marvin have a lot in common whereas they both wait to see what happens before telling us what is happening. :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":2i5ciied said:
I still don't get all the Green Bay love going on... They have done exactly NOTHING to get better. Teams that get complacent don't tend to do well. McCarthy giving up the play calling duties won't be enough to get them over the top.
I think GB is good, but like you said I don't see what they did to surpass the Hawks, while the Hawks improved by adding a game breaker in Graham, and IMHO drafted well, of course time will tell on that. Also there is probably of bunch of bored writers/bloggers that have Seattle derangement syndrome, and or, are pissed that their favorite teams keep getting beat by Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
GB is favored because of the home game, also until our roster churn and success is proven consistent were going to be given the lost to much in the off season label and difficult to repeat. Thirdly the media wants to paint a picture of our franchise weakening for two reasons, stirs up controversy and gets site hits, and gets everyone talking about GB and how they were robbed of going to the Super Bowl last year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":1dmw58er said:
GB is favored because of the home game, also until our roster churn and success is proven consistent were going to be given the lost to much in the off season label and difficult to repeat. Thirdly the media wants to paint a picture of our franchise weakening for two reasons, stirs up controversy and gets site hits, and gets everyone talking about GB and how they were robbed of going to the Super Bowl last year.

The Seahawks are the Lucy to the Charlie Brown Packers. Does it ever get old?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Getting past the Pack will be hellish. That's why homefield is crucial this year. What we did to them last year in the playoffs was a soul-f***. Isn't this great, to have this rivalry! Wherever we play them, it'll be a f***ing bloodbath. Please no frozen tundra!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1pkia0yc said:
Getting past the Pack will be hellish. That's why homefield is crucial this year. What we did to them last year in the playoffs was a soul-fish. Isn't this great, to have this rivalry! Wherever we play them, it'll be a fishing bloodbath. Please no frozen tundra!

Faxed it Fer ya'all. After all, the catfish are biting.

Go Hawks. :thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3pjy3wop said:
MizzouHawkGal":3pjy3wop said:
Hasselbeck":3pjy3wop said:
cacksman":3pjy3wop said:
I hate when people say "X game will probably determine HFA".

Unless both teams win 15+ games, no it won't. GB didn't lose HFA because of week 1 to Seattle. They lost it because they also lost to Detroit, New Orleans, and Buffalo.

But.. had they won in Week 1... those other 3 games don't matter.

Soooo yeah that game kind of did determine HFA, and even then it nearly didn't matter without an absurd amount of events happening one after the other.

Green Bay is absolutely our biggest roadblock to a 3rd straight SB appearance. They should be favored IMO.
Favored for what? Not even a preseason game has been played. Nobody has any business guessing what any particular team will do before 4 regular season games have been played. As for Superbowl favorites? I'd figure about 12 regular season games need to be played for a decent guess.

I see what you did there. I would expect to see something decent about a team after the 6th game tho. I think that gives the teams enough of a slice of the season to make judgements on overall team play and some of their abilities.
Just my humble opinion of course.
Wow, I was worried no one would actually get it...thank God someone has a sense of humor.