Not so special teams....

HommyHawk

Reaction score
After reading all the posts about blow this team up and philosophies outdated I'm wondering if we are missing the fact that our kickers and long snapper have cost us games the last two seasons.games that would have changed our seeding.even our once great Punter has fallen off and no e runs like he doesn't want to get hit.with a play it close philosophy we need a strong special teams for attrition points and field position.missing gimme fgs deflates me can't imagine what the team feels.I think if we concentrate on making this a priority this offseason we can stay extremely competitive with what we have and make another run at a ring, or is this just wishful thinking?thoughts? Through thick and thin I'm still in!GO HAWKS!!!!!!

907Hawk

Reaction score
HommyHawk":2o85zh45 said:
After reading all the posts about blow this team up and philosophies outdated I'm wondering if we are missing the fact that our kickers and long snapper have cost us games the last two seasons.games that would have changed our seeding.even our once great Punter has fallen off and no e runs like he doesn't want to get hit.with a play it close philosophy we need a strong special teams for attrition points and field position.missing gimme fgs deflates me can't imagine what the team feels.I think if we concentrate on making this a priority this offseason we can stay extremely competitive with what we have and make another run at a ring, or is this just wishful thinking?thoughts? Through thick and thin I'm still in!GO HAWKS!!!!!!

This is one area there can be no dispute, our kick return and coverage units must improve. Not even going to start talking about Walsh.

original poster

Reaction score
Pete preaches about ST's as well, seemed to be going well at the start of the season but just totally fell apart from about the mid way point. Disappointing.

Latest posts