Notice how RW never takes responsibility for his poor play.

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

Russell should have kept his damn MOUTH shut in the off season. He started this.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There are a lot of very valid criticisms of Russ, but I can't get behind this one. His outward messaging is always centered on improvement and responsibility.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1c2qjpla said:
There are a lot of very valid criticisms of Russ, but I can't get behind this one. His outward messaging is always centered on improvement and responsibility.
Russell talks a good game, but he is underperforming his $37M a year contract. Russell is not a QB who can carry a team with his arm and never has been. There have been very few QBs who could. Russell certainly isn't doing a Brady where he takes a lower contract so the team can have the money to bring in more talent.

Russell gets up and delivers the same platitudes and cliches each presser. He's pleasant to listen to, but after essentially the same press conference 20 times in a row, it's no longer must-see-TV, meanwhile, very little changes on the field.

The Seahawks model that went to 2 SBs in a row and won one was based on players ridiculously outperforming their contracts, especially Russell. The current approach of paying franchise QB $32M money for slightly better performance than WFT gets out of Taylor Heinicke for around $1M--it's not a winning formula in Seattle. How many Seahawks players are outperforming their contracts? Darrell Taylor is the first one who comes quickly to mind. After that... hard to come up with much, though there are several. Just not enough overall. In the SB48 & 49 years, it was a LOOOOONG list of players significantly outperforming their contracts. Russell, Bobby, KJ, Sherm, Sweezy, Bowie, Bailey, Malcolm Smith, Tate, Baldwin, really, almost the whole darn team, and very few players who underperformed their contracts, mainly injured players like Sidney Rice.

Blame Pete & John, sure, since Russell got paid, they have been unable to deliver the player talent to have the level of defense and running game needed to support Russell. Underperforming drafts, bad trades, PC/JS haven't delivered. They felt they had to swing for the fences to get the talent needed, but whiffed on far too many mighty swings.

From 12-4 and NFC West champs, to perhaps 6-11 or 7-10 and NFC West last place in one season. What changed? Well, short version is the Seahawks lost nearly all the close games instead of winning nearly all of them. Sure, Russell's injury was a factor.

Seemingly the primary question now is what value can the Hawks get for Russell in trade, and can it be structured to free up tons of cash to bring in quality free agents, and can Pete and John identify and draft some foundational players with the team's day 1 & 2 draft choices?

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":p1e0y97f said:
After every game he says that’s on me and that he wishes he could have some throws back. After literally every loss. You can go on YouTube and rewatch it for yourself.

To me, Russ should absolutely not give a damn what you, or any Seattle fan thinks anymore. He’s played his heart out for this team for 9.5 years and you’re practically spitting on him at this point. He should demand a trade, flip the bird, and never set foot in Lumen field again unless he’s on the opposing team. Ungrateful fan base who has never loved or embraced him, no matter how good he’s been to this team and the community. It’s time.

I love my Hawks and will root for Geno, Matt Ryan, or whoever we get on this team. But I’m tired of witnessing the disgusting manner in which a notable portion of this fan base has treated him since he’s been drafted. And there was never a thing he could do to earn respect, even when he led the league in touchdowns, played through injuries. Nope, bye Russ. Some of us here aren’t going to dismiss you as arrogant when other QBs like Mayfield, Rodgers, and Brady get praised for being even more arrogant. Hopefully the next fan base will treat you in the same way any other tall, “blue collar American” would be treated.

If Russ is too fragile to handle Seahawks fans (which have mostly embraced him unconditionally), good luck in New York or New Orleans.

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

Rat":2r5xa983 said:
Scorpion05":2r5xa983 said:
After every game he says that’s on me and that he wishes he could have some throws back. After literally every loss. You can go on YouTube and rewatch it for yourself.

To me, Russ should absolutely not give a damn what you, or any Seattle fan thinks anymore. He’s played his heart out for this team for 9.5 years and you’re practically spitting on him at this point. He should demand a trade, flip the bird, and never set foot in Lumen field again unless he’s on the opposing team. Ungrateful fan base who has never loved or embraced him, no matter how good he’s been to this team and the community. It’s time.

I love my Hawks and will root for Geno, Matt Ryan, or whoever we get on this team. But I’m tired of witnessing the disgusting manner in which a notable portion of this fan base has treated him since he’s been drafted. And there was never a thing he could do to earn respect, even when he led the league in touchdowns, played through injuries. Nope, bye Russ. Some of us here aren’t going to dismiss you as arrogant when other QBs like Mayfield, Rodgers, and Brady get praised for being even more arrogant. Hopefully the next fan base will treat you in the same way any other tall, “blue collar American” would be treated.

If Russ is too fragile to handle Seahawks fans (which have mostly embraced him unconditionally), good luck in New York or New Orleans.

Swung on and belted !

Tusc2000

Reaction score
LTH":39c5gwll said:
Scorpion05":39c5gwll said:

I don't think that Russ is above constructive criticism of his play but at the same time I agree that I don't think Seattle fans have treated him with enough respect, as I have made posts that he needs to improve in some areas from my opinion. but the disrespect is uncalled for and the same goes for people talking crap about Carroll and Penny and Collier and the list goes on...most of this fan base is not patient enough to let coaches work out of issues nor players to develope most just think when seattle is drafting 26- 27 they should be drafting the best players in college because Seattle has drafted really well at times and fans are spoiled... every 5th round pick needs to be a Richard Sherman or Kam Chancellor and when they are not people get kind of spicey and ugly... and it's not fair when your drafting where Seattle drafts you're going to have to develop players and some times that takes a few seasons sometimes not. People come to conclusions to fast in so many different area's.

LTH

Absolutely spot on. Most fans have forgotten the dismal years before 2010, and are pushing to fire Pete, trade Russ, trade Bobby, dump Adams, start fresh, blah, blah, blah. You may very well get what you want, and it if so, we are looking at a decade of bottom-dwelling losing seasons and god-awful performances.

nutluck

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2hhc5enl said:
Absolutely spot on. Most fans have forgotten the dismal years before 2010, and are pushing to fire Pete, trade Russ, trade Bobby, dump Adams, start fresh, blah, blah, blah. You may very well get what you want, and it if so, we are looking at a decade of bottom-dwelling losing seasons and god-awful performances.

That could happen but it also might not, there is examples of teams doing a rebuild and being relevant quickly it comes down to getting the right coach. Most teams don't dwell in the bottom for long, only a few really badly run teams do. I get both sides, someone want the make the playoffs most years even if they rarely do anything. I also get those willing to gamble to go from a good team to a superbowl team.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m all for a rebuild. But, I think Russ has lots of years left in the tank. Under a coach like Sean Peyton, I think he’d be a top 3 (maybe #1) QB. So, do you trade him now? Don’t get it twisted, we’d still get an offer similar to what the Bears were proposing. No team in this league thinks Russ is done. He had an injury, new (horrible) OC, and is still playing with a makeshift line and under the helm of PC.

I’ll support regardless of what the team decides. I’d likely follow players still if they went elsewhere. Seattle has become an unattractive landing spot. It may be time to shake it up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":bcnd1kyf said:
Diggs press conference was just the opposite.....that's a MAN.
Yeah, imagine that, he was a Pete & John acquisition.....Feeling really STUPID now? :stirthepot:

LTH

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2k98tc9g said:
K.J WRIGHT":2k98tc9g said:
Diggs press conference was just the opposite.....that's a MAN.
Yeah, imagine that, he was a Pete & John acquisition.....Feeling really STUPID now? :stirthepot:

If not HE should be LMAO!!!

LTH

Optimus25

Reaction score
Tusc2000":wsxbc18l said:
LTH":wsxbc18l said:
Scorpion05":wsxbc18l said:

I don't think that Russ is above constructive criticism of his play but at the same time I agree that I don't think Seattle fans have treated him with enough respect, as I have made posts that he needs to improve in some areas from my opinion. but the disrespect is uncalled for and the same goes for people talking crap about Carroll and Penny and Collier and the list goes on...most of this fan base is not patient enough to let coaches work out of issues nor players to develope most just think when seattle is drafting 26- 27 they should be drafting the best players in college because Seattle has drafted really well at times and fans are spoiled... every 5th round pick needs to be a Richard Sherman or Kam Chancellor and when they are not people get kind of spicey and ugly... and it's not fair when your drafting where Seattle drafts you're going to have to develop players and some times that takes a few seasons sometimes not. People come to conclusions to fast in so many different area's.

LTH

This is probably the worst take on the site for some time. The only way forward is a reboot. Peteball has been dead since 2015 and it was blatantly obvious then to even the casual observer. The ‘fire bevell’ crowd was in the end right and look what we did- take waaay too long to cut the cancer and in the end probably missed on a good couple hires that could have improved the team and have band aided OCs since. Same thing with head coach. We took his relative success as payment for guaranteed mediocrity. We knew from 2016 on there was not a winning formula in town, but we owed something to Pete nonetheless so we were forced to ride out his geriatric years on the slow road to nowhere with the steady and continual losses due to poor game management mounting, the pathetic free agency deals, the always compete mantra gone with the wind, and the team discipline completely and unabashedly gone and given over to a friendly hipster vibe where giving it your all, when not actually performed but at least said as much in the pressers, was all that mattered vs actually winning (funny that kind of fake emotion vs reality mirrors the liberal platform coming from the most liberal home city).

If ‘we’ got what ‘we’ wanted then you would be insinuating a new OC in 2015, a new HC in 2018, and a new QB in 2021, and all 3 or any 1 of the 3 would have made us far better off at this point, so in what world would failure to evolve equate with your ‘bottom dwelling’ comment because last i checked, here we are with Pete, Russ, Waldron Bobby, jamaal and Schneider BOTTOM DWELLING.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Optimus25":21zv7dxd said:
Tusc2000":21zv7dxd said:
LTH":21zv7dxd said:
Scorpion05":21zv7dxd said:

LTH

This is probably the worst take on the site for some time. The only way forward is a reboot. Peteball has been dead since 2015 and it was blatantly obvious then to even the casual observer. The ‘fire bevell’ crowd was in the end right and look what we did- take waaay too long to cut the cancer and in the end probably missed on a good couple hires that could have improved the team and have band aided OCs since. Same thing with head coach. We took his relative success as payment for guaranteed mediocrity. We knew from 2016 on there was not a winning formula in town, but we owed something to Pete nonetheless so we were forced to ride out his geriatric years on the slow road to nowhere with the steady and continual losses due to poor game management mounting, the pathetic free agency deals, the always compete mantra gone with the wind, and the team discipline completely and unabashedly gone and given over to a friendly hipster vibe where giving it your all, when not actually performed but at least said as much in the pressers, was all that mattered vs actually winning (funny that kind of fake emotion vs reality mirrors the liberal platform coming from the most liberal home city).

If ‘we’ got what ‘we’ wanted then you would be insinuating a new OC in 2015, a new HC in 2018, and a new QB in 2021, and all 3 or any 1 of the 3 would have made us far better off at this point, so in what world would failure to evolve equate with your ‘bottom dwelling’ comment because last i checked, here we are with Pete, Russ, Waldron Bobby, jamaal and Schneider BOTTOM DWELLING.

That is utterly ridiculous and absurd. You think it's easy to simply throw everything out and start over? Good luck with that type of mob mentality that says burn everything to the ground, because we have one losing season in a decade, a year after winning our division at 12-4. Yes, there needs to be changes, but not with the idiotic mindest that says dump everyone, get rid of Pete, Russ, Bobby, Jamal, DK, etc. throw the baby out with the bath water, ... and then ... do what now? Get a bunch more draft picks that have a less than 50-50 chance of even starting much less starring, given the terrible drafting that's gone in for the last 5 years??? Yes, wholesale changes could mean we wind up being the new Rams or Cardinals, but more likely take a look at the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, NY Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, LV Raiders, et al because that's a better view of what we'll be like over the next 20 years with that approach. Talk about your BOTTOM DWELLERS, they have endured decades of losing cultures because of knee jerk reactions that lead to bad decisions and teams that lose forever.

So what (I think) we do is start with the org structure, and hire a GM who the HC reports to. The HC has to hire a DC who runs the D. If Pete buys in, great, if he doesn't, then he can move on, but he at least needs to be presented with the choice partly b/c he's earned it, but partly because we could do a lot worse than Pete, 70 or not, if you don't think so, go look at the recent coaching hires, the disasters which are the Jags, Texans, Panthers, Falcoins. We need a new approach for the O-line, because no QB be it Russ or Brady or Joe Montana can be successful with the current scheme. But you don't give up HOF level players because replacing them with anyone remotely as good is is impossible. You only end up in a worse place for years and years, and it takes forever to dig out of that hole, if you ever do. Our options are not great, but they aren't terrible either. Unless we panic and try and do a complete and total rebuild, the odds of which being successful are somewhere between slim and none.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
strohmin":cpna58ab said:
He's always been like this so it is no surprise but also he doesn't really care. He is getting paid.

By my recollection, Russ did used to take responsibility for plays that didn't go right, and was always talking about how he needs to get better, player better, etc.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3190ylwl said:
strohmin":3190ylwl said:
He's always been like this so it is no surprise but also he doesn't really care. He is getting paid.

By my recollection, Russ did used to take responsibility for plays that didn't go right, and was always talking about how he needs to get better, player better, etc.

RW and PC say much of the same "taking responsibility" thing in the presser transcripts. https://www.seahawks.com/news/what-the- ... -the-bears

Of course he's gonna watch tape. Of course the loss is on him, on Pete, they have to do better. They say so every single week in their pressers. But that hasn't stopped us from going 5-10.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
balakoth":5wpif8hn said:
Notice how the same poster makes the same posts every day... without any actual fact behind it

Yes a few throws he could have made... but... to discount some clear violations of some basic $h!t?

Gimme a break kiddo. Go home you are drunk like always
Yo this is some funny s**t right here. It's RW forever with this guy! LOL this is why I have to come on this forum LOL to see how many of you are still out there. OH MY GOD LET IT GO ALREADY

Optimus25

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2oyjualz said:
Optimus25":2oyjualz said:
Tusc2000":2oyjualz said:
LTH":2oyjualz said:

LTH

That is utterly ridiculous and absurd. You think it's easy to simply throw everything out and start over? Good luck with that type of mob mentality that says burn everything to the ground, because we have one losing season in a decade, a year after winning our division at 12-4. Yes, there needs to be changes, but not with the idiotic mindest that says dump everyone, get rid of Pete, Russ, Bobby, Jamal, DK, etc. throw the baby out with the bath water, ... and then ... do what now? Get a bunch more draft picks that have a less than 50-50 chance of even starting much less starring, given the terrible drafting that's gone in for the last 5 years??? Yes, wholesale changes could mean we wind up being the new Rams or Cardinals, but more likely take a look at the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, NY Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, LV Raiders, et al because that's a better view of what we'll be like over the next 20 years with that approach. Talk about your BOTTOM DWELLERS, they have endured decades of losing cultures because of knee jerk reactions that lead to bad decisions and teams that lose forever.

So what (I think) we do is start with the org structure, and hire a GM who the HC reports to. The HC has to hire a DC who runs the D. If Pete buys in, great, if he doesn't, then he can move on, but he at least needs to be presented with the choice partly b/c he's earned it, but partly because we could do a lot worse than Pete, 70 or not, if you don't think so, go look at the recent coaching hires, the disasters which are the Jags, Texans, Panthers, Falcoins. We need a new approach for the O-line, because no QB be it Russ or Brady or Joe Montana can be successful with the current scheme. But you don't give up HOF level players because replacing them with anyone remotely as good is is impossible. You only end up in a worse place for years and years, and it takes forever to dig out of that hole, if you ever do. Our options are not great, but they aren't terrible either. Unless we panic and try and do a complete and total rebuild, the odds of which being successful are somewhere between slim and none.

One look at the playoff games we lost from 2015 on and it was blatantly evident we were the middle child trying to take on big brother. Sure like you say we had success during those years. But there was never even a glimmer of hope of actually advancing in the playoffs, especially in terms of going on the road or playing in elements and winning.

Imagine the haul from selling Russ high in 2019 vs where we are now. It’s those kinds of think ahead decisions that make a franchise go or pull it down for decades to come. The 9ers are playing with half a QB but their defense and skill players have them sniffing the playoffs and they just went to the big dance just a couple years ago. They’re not the model organization but they know one thing…speed kills in this league and to get it you have to have high value draft picks. Imagine the flip side to the Adams deal if we didn’t do that AND traded Russ somewhere…we could have had two 1st rounders this year and next let alone some 2nds mixed in.

There’s life after Russ but there is no life with this current organization that does the same thing year after year and somehow expects to get past Green Bay or Tampa.

If you’re for division titles with no real expectation of deep playoff runs then stay on this train. But it derailed on one play in 2014s season and it was then we should have acted quickly to stay on top. Firing bevell immediately should have been a priority, which speaks to my philosophy vs yours.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Optimus25":6xrmbfkm said:
Tusc2000":6xrmbfkm said:
Optimus25":6xrmbfkm said:
Tusc2000":6xrmbfkm said:

One look at the playoff games we lost from 2015 on and it was blatantly evident we were the middle child trying to take on big brother. Sure like you say we had success during those years. But there was never even a glimmer of hope of actually advancing in the playoffs, especially in terms of going on the road or playing in elements and winning.

Imagine the haul from selling Russ high in 2019 vs where we are now. It’s those kinds of think ahead decisions that make a franchise go or pull it down for decades to come. The 9ers are playing with half a QB but their defense and skill players have them sniffing the playoffs and they just went to the big dance just a couple years ago. They’re not the model organization but they know one thing…speed kills in this league and to get it you have to have high value draft picks. Imagine the flip side to the Adams deal if we didn’t do that AND traded Russ somewhere…we could have had two 1st rounders this year and next let alone some 2nds mixed in.

There’s life after Russ but there is no life with this current organization that does the same thing year after year and somehow expects to get past Green Bay or Tampa.

If you’re for division titles with no real expectation of deep playoff runs then stay on this train. But it derailed on one play in 2014s season and it was then we should have acted quickly to stay on top. Firing bevell immediately should have been a priority, which speaks to my philosophy vs yours.

Firing an OC after the O finished 3rd in the league would never have happened. Hindsight is 20-20. The beginning of the end for Bevell was John trading Max Ungar (plus a 1st round pick) for Jimmy Graham . Had that trade been quashed, we'd have maintained a formidable O-line for years. No OC (or QB) can overcome a sub-par O-line and have long-term success.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Tusc2000":28c7lbqg said:
Optimus25":28c7lbqg said:
Tusc2000":28c7lbqg said:
LTH":28c7lbqg said:

LTH

The 3 teams above the Hawks in the NFC West say :greetingsearthling: