Nwosu signs extension

Mick063

Reaction score
One thing to consider. When much of your best talent is on rookie deals, you have to spend some money on premium veterans to close the gap with the top teams of the league.

This is All Star Money. I don't mind paying players as long as they live up to the value of their contract. Two years of guaranteed money isn't really a huge risk and I'm sure the full contract value can't be reached without some milestones included.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This is a great move... exactly what I was hoping would happen.

His 2023 cap hit would have been $13M... and now it should be closer to $5-8M... saving cap space to sign our remaining draft picks (Spoon and Charbonnet) ...and perhaps have cap space left for players going on IR and signing a vet or two during the season.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Uchenna is on the verge of becoming a premier edge player. He is an ascending player with the skills to take games over.

I do wish we had signed him to a 3 year contract last year but im more than good giving him this extension and keep him in a pass rushing rotation which is mostly Taylor, Mafe, and Hall, who are each on their rookie contracts for the next 2-4 years. We can afford it.

It's so nice hitting on young talent in the draft because you can make signings like this.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
sweet lets sign Witherspoon and Charbonnet now lol

kidhawk

Reaction score
I just came here as soon as I heard the news. If he stays healthy and continues like he did last season this contract will be a steal in the long term.

toffee

Reaction score
Hopeful with this extension, we shall have $$ to the two remaining rookies AND a DT.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The roster moves start again,

This is a good re-signing for a player who had promise demonstrated more than just showing up.