Offensive Line...

pehawk

Reaction score
They played WELL today. Very well.

I'm glad I didn't listen to you guys, panic and light myself on fire.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Amazing, all the "oline sucks and they can't draft them" guys are quiet.

Hmmm

Jville

Reaction score
Perhaps their waiting on the release of PFF ratings to tell them what to think about this game? LOL

JR Sweezy continues to impress. Leads all Seahawks in snaps. 100% of offensive snaps and 29% of special teams snaps.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Jville":1or0e1zn said:
Perhaps their waiting on the release of PFF ratings to tell them what to think about this game? LOL

JR Sweezy continues to impress. Leads all Seahawks in snaps. 100% of offensive snaps and 29% of special teams snaps.

PFF cant factor the variables that are; Pete's preferences, Wilson's style of play (aversion to TO's and height), and the fact THIS TEAM DRAFTS MAULING ZBS GUYS.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Sweezy did have his one "WTF (I meant frick there...Radish...I didn't drop a F bomb)" moment though. Him and Willson are good for a few head tilters a game.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Sweazy was so dumb he was thought there was a run, during a Play during a pass that Doug caught for a first down. Illegal man downfield.

But he is a friggin road grater on runs. Get the big Russian back, and Unger ( Lemuel forgets the snap count) and all is good.

I see what Cable sees. The Sweaze is a mean somofabitch. Learn to stand low on pass pro and Lynch has 3 more greAt yeArs.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed was Bowie getting sealed on the edge a couple of times in the run game but this is game 2 in the bigs for him, he'll get better.

Russell escaped some crazy pressure today when passing but the run game was pretty solid.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm just speaking pass protection, run blocking has been acceptable and was even acceptable against Houston.

The line did look better. A lot had to do with the Colts D not being as good as those we've faced.

I still think we'll see Russ running for his life against the good Dlines out there.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't you rip the run blocking last week Hawks45? Honest question, I thought you did.

w00t

Reaction score
Sweezy cost us atleast 3 points at the end of the first half

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't remember doing it PE. I was ripping them after the SF game, saying they had been inconsistent (although they came through at big times in the Niners game), and may have been doing so as late as the leadup to the Texan game? But we were able to run the ball effectively I thought against the Texans.

Edit: I do want to bring up the Texans as an example of a team who runs ZBS and run-blocks very well but who also manage to protect their QB. Because Schaub would be six feet under if they didn't protect him; he's no RW.

justafan

Reaction score
I don't think anyone panicked.WHen they stunk people said they stunk.Just like you call out playcalling every game.This week they played a hell of a game.They showed a lot of heart.I still think its the week spot on the team but this loss isn't on them.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
justafan":2qj0d77a said:
I don't think anyone panicked.WHen they stunk people said they stunk.Just like you call out playcalling every game.This week they played a hell of a game.They showed a lot of heart.I still think its the week spot on the team but this loss isn't on them.

I call out playcalling every week? This week I am, yup.

Maybe you got confused? Last week I said ALOT of the OL problems relate to play calling. I didn't say it was bad. Since the Hawks draft graters, their OL needs assistance with pass protection. Advantages like play-calling, for one.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The offensive line definitely played better this week than they did last week. I'm still going to say that Pete & John need to improve the depth.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3hlue2cz said:
The offensive line definitely played better this week than they did last week. I'm still going to say that Pete & John need to improve the depth.

Its the "depth" that played today.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
The run blocking was so on, that I would've been OK with run-run-pass calls, the bane of the team the first half of last season. I think Bevell actually dialed up a few too many passes in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Hindsight is always 20/20, of course, but these guys were beastly.