OfficialGeneral Draft Discussion teams other then Seahawks

minormillikin

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":jur2s98t said:
minormillikin":jur2s98t said:
It would be interesting to look at the draft thread from 3 or 4 years ago, see which players everyone was clamoring for, and how good those players actually are today.
By all means do your research.

I was just looking deep into the pages here, back to 2013 and it looks like long threads may have been deleted. Lots of individual threads about players good, bad and forgotten, but no 2013 draft day thread.

Plus, it looks like all the server-space-saving (necessary evil) has caused the thread dates to go wonky - making it tough to find stuff on my phone.

Maybe if it's slow at work tomorrow I'll gather some stuff to showcase. I'm actually most interested in who we were right about. 98% of these draft picks don't add up to much, so making wrong predictions is just part of the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2j7kbqic said:
RussB":2j7kbqic said:
DJrmb":2j7kbqic said:
Theres still players on the board that some people were comfortable taking at 26 but now we get them and picked up a haul... what's not to like?

Obi, King, Budda, Willis, Lamp, Robinson,

SO many!
Trust me they will be gone by the time hawks pick next.

well the 3rds do offer some flexibility to move up in the 2nd with our own pick or possibly even add one. It may not be as dire as you're taking it right now. The biggest issue at the moment is the 3 hours of my life I want back from watching this to not get any picks done.

Do not think we will move up, JS wants depth and get younger now. More picks and selected at our need and pain in the butts, secondary, Kam, Sherm and Earl have all ruffled feathers be it stating retirement, holding out or unhappy for some reason. They are also now getting expensive, age and money expect Thomas who is still in his prime but you have to worry about his size and durability going forward as well.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
RussB":hsq6lgy8 said:
Could have had ramzyk or foster but chose meaningless 3rd round picks wich probably wont amount to anything in the NFL. Great job pete and john, enjoy watching wilson get destroyed again because thats whats gonna happen.

WOW, Really? It's all about the bigger picture rather than just being married to any 1 player. The Seahawks go into tomorrow with 6 picks in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds ... PLUS a high 4th Round Draft Choice at #111 as well. That is a LOT of draft capital that Schneider and company can make some significant moves with. Seriously look at the guys who are still available on the board.

Cam Robinson (one of the top Tackles) and Forrest Lamp (whom many have tagged as the BEST guard in this draft and a future pro bowler) are still there on the board. Seattle picks 2nd tomorrow, so I predict they land 1 of those 2.

As far as CB's are concerned, Kevin King is still there ... so is Quincy Wilson ... and Chidobe Awuzie ... and Sidney Jones.

Safeties -- Obi Melafonwu (whom a lot of people have fallen in love with) is still there ... Justin Evans ... and Budda Baker ... and a host of others are ripe for the picking.

Defensive freaks of nature like Jordan Willis are still there.

So no, absolutely not. It's not out of the realm of possibility whatsoever that the Seahawks could land themselves 3 or 4 of these guys tomorrow. Never judge until you see the end product -- and see what they look like on the field -- 2 and even 3 years down the road.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RussB":2b8vhahk said:
Maelstrom787":2b8vhahk said:
RussB":2b8vhahk said:
Could have had ramzyk or foster but chose meaningless 3rd round picks wich probably wont amount to anything in the NFL. Great job pete and john, enjoy watching wilson get destroyed again because thats whats gonna happen.

You really view them as meaningless?

...really?
Who have the seahawks taken in the 3rd round the past 2 years that is good besides tyler lockett? They needed ramzyck badly just watch them pick some trash lineman in the 3rd or 4th who gets demolished by chandler jones and everyone else. Or some corner who wont ever make the team or will be injured all season long.

Foster
Obi
King
Ramzyck

They could have had either of those guys and got jack shit. Sorry im just not impressed.

Two of those guys are still on the board. 34 is the second pick tomorrow. Are you specifically trying to prove my point while simultaneously disagreeing with me, or have you not been following? It is literally impossible that this entire list of players is gone by 34 unless one withdraws from the draft.

I wouldn't even be mad if they traded down ANOTHER couple picks!

TwilightError

Reaction score
I will forgive them if they land both Cam Robinson and Quincy Wilson. One can be replaced with Forrest (Gump) Lamp and the other with Kevin King.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
minormillikin":3n8k4pgd said:
seahawkfreak":3n8k4pgd said:
minormillikin":3n8k4pgd said:
It would be interesting to look at the draft thread from 3 or 4 years ago, see which players everyone was clamoring for, and how good those players actually are today.
By all means do your research.

I was just looking deep into the pages here, back to 2013 and it looks like long threads may have been deleted. Lots of individual threads about players good, bad and forgotten, but no 2013 draft day thread.

Plus, it looks like all the server-space-saving (necessary evil) has caused the thread dates to go wonky - making it tough to find stuff on my phone.

Maybe if it's slow at work tomorrow I'll gather some stuff to showcase. I'm actually most interested in who we were right about. 98% of these draft picks don't add up to much, so making wrong predictions is just part of the game.

Sorry, I forgot to put :sarcasm_on: . :lol: My humor is hard to express online. Drafts are definitely subjective. Your point is well taken.

Josea16

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2empm6nk said:
Milehighhawk":2empm6nk said:
Cyrus12":2empm6nk said:
would of been nice to get ramcyzk...have a feeling we get the worst draft grade this year...damn we needed a good draft too...

Yes because the draft is clearly over. :roll:

Gameday forum feel about it doesn't it?
Oh yes, it's drama queen central here. Worse than my wife's book club. This draft has played out perfectly for the Seahawks. We're going to reload the defense with multiple elite players just like we need.

naholmes

Reaction score
TwilightError":15awttsm said:
I will forgive them if they land both Cam Robinson and Quincy Wilson. One can be replaced with Forrest (Gump) Lamp and the other with Kevin King.
I would love that as well. I feel like Lamp or Robinson is the pick at 33 and see which DBs are still available at 58. There are still a lot of DBs that fit the Seahawk profile: King, Wilson, Obi, Tankersley, Moreau, Sidney Jones and they will still get a good one at 58.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":30s2mxpv said:
Just saw this and found it both interesting and refreshing ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/857808134252806144[/tweet]

Would you expect him to say otherwise?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
HawkGA":v983nzpu said:
Hawkscanner":v983nzpu said:

I wouldn't expect him to lie about something so specific. He probably wouldn't comment on it if our preferred target had been taken.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I keep looking at that Chicago trade to secure Trubisky and wonder what on earth they were thinking. Great play of the hand by John Lynch though.

Also, Browns getting yet more high value picks for next season. Have to applaud that.

DJrmb

Reaction score
uncle fester":28em827h said:
I keep looking at that Chicago trade to secure Trubisky and wonder what on earth they were thinking. Great play of the hand by John Lynch though.

Also, Browns getting yet more high value picks for next season. Have to applaud that.
Only explanation is that another team (probably Cleveland as they were reported to be considering Trubisky at #1) had a deal in place with Santa Clara to move up and take Trubisky and the 9ers gave the Chicago a chance to beat it or lose "their guy".

Why Chicago believed that Trubisky was worth as much as they did? That's beyond me...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HawkGA":2otazwzd said:
Hawkscanner":2otazwzd said:

No I wouldn't ... but at the same time, I actually believe him. I was listening to 710 ESPN this morning to get their thoughts on the matter ... and Brock's take was basically the same as mine. That being that the Seahawks just weren't as in love with many of these other prospects as we were.

I think that as they were compiling all their draft evaluations, their take on many of these linemen was the same as a lot of people. They saw the overall class of O-Linemen as being pretty weak. We've seen them move up before to get a player that they really value. They didn't do that for Garrett Bolles ... and they had a shot at Ryan Ramczyk and passed on him. In their minds, I'm really wondering if they look at those guys and say to themselves, "Are they REALLY all that much better than what we already have in George Fant (now that he's got a year of experience under his belt) and Luke Joeckel?"

At the same time, I think when the Seahawks were compiling their boards, their grades on a lot of these players in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd Round were very, very close to many guys who went in the 1st Round yesterday. So, if you have a lot of guys on your board whom you have almost identical grades on (who are projected to be there in the late 2nd to early 3rd round) ... who are basically grade out virtually the same as many of these guys who went in the 1st Round ... why not move back and compile more picks in that range?

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually agree with Mel Kiper for once. Mel Kiper this morning said that he believes many of these 2nd Rounders in his mind actually project higher than many of the guys who went in the 1st Round. I concur. From what I can see, the Seahawks have positioned themselves REAL nicely to mine a lot of that talent in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds. Should be a lot of fun ... and I for one can't wait to see what they do.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
HawkGA":26v2apvt said:
Hawkscanner":26v2apvt said:

Packers haven't picked King yet, so it remains a true statement.

MrThortan

Reaction score
At least we don't have to wait long to trade down again today :D

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
So angry. Clearly, I think we made a mistake. Should have taken him after first trade down. 4th rounder not worth it.