Ok i'm just going to flipping say it!!!!!

LTH

Reaction score
I dont know if I totally believe it but i'm sayin it anyway! :? :?

being that no one ELSE WILL!! :D

Dang It!! :roll: :rumble:

The NFL is doing and has been doing everything they can to trip this team up!! :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

From Sh!tty officiating that influenced at least 4 games, to this covid crap of not following their own protocol. Moving the game till Tuesday instead of the following Monday... :141847_bnono:

Making it so the Hawks have to come home Wednesday morning then Play Chicago With 4 days to prepare... :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

All because why? They can't be smart enough to figure out a way that's its not going to affect Play or for that matter health of the players? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

What Kind of BS is that? :twisted:

tell me that is not going to be a factor playing Chicago? It is going to be a huge factor...

I say this is BS... I'm actually kind of pissed off!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm sick of the Hawks being a stomping ground for NFL leadership that just SUCKS!

I mean those dudes suck so bad

How bad do they suck?

they suck so bad

there is no chrome left on my trailer hitch LMAO!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

I say we revolt and have a huge tailgate party in protest like 50,000 Pissed off Hawks fans :D :D :D :D oh crap we can't because of covid :pukeface: :pukeface:

Naaw... Just kidding man I like the NFL..... NOT... LMAO!!!

:177692: :177692: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :pukeface: :pukeface:

LTH

Elemas

Reaction score
I agree. The NFL followed the rules they implemented BUT, moving it to a Tuesday? At some point, you have to shift the schedule.

I think they should’ve added an extra regular season week for make-up games (if they were even necessary….such as a game would determine if teams made the playoffs). Technically, they added a week but it’s not the same as what I suggested.

It makes me wonder just how many of the Rams players are going to get two negative tests by Tuesday.

This was a greedy move. If you cancel and reschedule a few days later, you don’t lose out on ticket sales. People that have tickets and can’t attend, oh well. You may even sell a few more of the empty seats (if there were any).

My idea would never fly…how do you make money off of a “tentative” week?

Favoritism? Like, fining the Packers for Rodgers shenanigans (as the rules stated—punishment lay on the team) but, no accountability on the player? Imagine it being a suspension…nope…can’t do that. Need the views.

The whole damn rule doesn’t make sense. I’m pro-vax, booster and all, and I don’t think the rule makes any damn sense. As you can catch it regardless of status, wth are they enforcing here?? The rule should’ve applied to both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

I don’t agree with the following article pertaining to fairness, but there are some points related to what I posted above..

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/12/18/nfls- ... t-covid-19

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
actually they did not follow the new protocol

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
NFL July memo: "In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players..

UNLESS IT COSTS US MONEY THEN WE WILL BE FORCED TO BREAK PROTOCOL

Edit: they forgot to put one more thing which I am going to add because I'm a nice guy

cymatica

Reaction score
If they are breaking their own covid policy, then Pete needs to call out management. I mean, what's the point of bending over backwards to test negative when some other team, or some false positives, can make it all for nothing?

Is this the "going back to normal" that we were told vaccines would bring?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LTH":2zuxhidy said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle
NFL July memo: "In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players..

Edit: they forgot to put one more thing which I am going to add because I'm a nice guy

Roster issues meaning "3 of our receivers are out! We might lose!"

Not "We don't have enough players to field a team that's legally big enough to take the field under the collective bargaining agreement, even if we promote our entire practice squad." That's a different situation entirely.

I know y'all need something to be pissed at, but good lord.

Elemas

Reaction score
LTH":2pjrts9y said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

Edit: the forgot to put one more thing which I am going to add because I'm a nice guy

Good catch. I only read the part about vax vs. unvaccinated.

This rescheduling is the biggest penalty yet. Granted, we need a miracle to make it in but, no part of this favors the Seahawks.

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2qwmo6hq said:
LTH":2qwmo6hq said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

Not "We don't have enough players to field a team that's legally big enough to take the field under the collective bargaining agreement, even if we promote our entire practice squad." That's a different situation entirely.

The roster issue translation makes sense but, in their world, it should be explicitly stated. I understand but….

My biggest issue is the short week. Additionally, if they have false negatives and our guys catch it and spread it around, that would suck. That potential is always there but they have a lot of cases. I firmly believe we wouldn’t get the same love in return…

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1x9qqsq2 said:
LTH":1x9qqsq2 said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

I'm not the one who makes the protocol... If they can't field a team that's not the hawks fault.... they have to forfeit or add another week onto the season that is fair instead of making the players pay with 4 days rest. BS

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
GemCity":2m81te0d said:
Maelstrom787":2m81te0d said:
LTH":2m81te0d said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

The roster issue translation makes sense but, in their world, it should be explicitly stated. I understand but….

My biggest issue is the short week. Additionally, if they have false negatives and our guys catch it and spread it around, that would suck. That potential is always there but they have a lot of cases. I firmly believe we wouldn’t get the same love in return…

I find it hard to take the angle that the same handling wouldn't be applied if the roles were reversed, considering the exact same thing happened to two other games.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LTH":198965df said:
Maelstrom787":198965df said:
LTH":198965df said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

I'm not the one who makes the protocol... If they can't field a team that's not the hawks fault.... they have to forfeit or add another week onto the season that is fair instead of making the players pay with 4 days rest. BS

LTH

It's not necessarily their fault, either. That's the thing.

Also, you have no idea whether or not additional scheduling adjustments will be made to account for the short week. I personally would hope so, as the short week is the only legitimate complaint here.

If the Rams were found to be violating protocols, I'd be right there with you - but a team shouldn't have to forfeit because vaccinated players are being infected by a new, apparently highly transmissible strain of a virus that's caused a global pandemic accounting for millions of deaths.

xray

Reaction score
Fully vaccinated players being infected by what ever variant ...pick one...and fans blame the NFL for trying to sabotage the Hawks because of it ? This is why I hatefully laugh at 'Homers' .

Seymour

Reaction score
I suggest the OP join Qanon if he already hasn't. They might believe his drama. Acting all butthurt like a team in contention is a pretty silly look given the condition of our team this year. :177692:

Chapow

Reaction score
LTH":13j8m062 said:
The NFL is doing and has been doing everything they can to trip this team up!! :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

:34853_doh:

Yeah, I'm sure it's a huge priority at NFL HQ to do everything they can to trip up a 5-8 team that's in last place in their division and is pretty much irrelevant this season.

Get a grip.

Elemas

Reaction score
LTH":2qlvdya7 said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

Not sure how you guys knock the OP when the rule is clear? They said “…will not be postponed or rescheduled”. But, you want to focus your energy on debate.

Address the rule first and then add your snark remarks if you have any.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3howuxsj said:
If they are breaking their own covid policy, then Pete needs to call out management. I mean, what's the point of bending over backwards to test negative when some other team, or some false positives, can make it all for nothing?

Is this the "going back to normal" that we were told vaccines would bring?
We are NOT going to get back to anything even RESEMBLING "Normal".
There are too many clueless, careless & uncaring that are REFUSING to get the vaccinations, and so long as there are people who are playing Host or Hostess to this Virus, keeping the damned thing NOT ONLY THRIVING, but giving it the mobility, to finding NEW HOSTS that it needs to survive.
Self-Absorbed & Self-Entitled people believe that RULES are for OTHERS to follow...Their "NORMAL" is their FREEDOM to do whatever & go wherever the hell they want WITHOUT RESTRICTION and having NOBODY that they need answering to.
WE are ALL in this TOGETHER, but not EVERYONE is willing to put in the HONEST effort & carry their FAIR SHARE of doing whatever it takes to get this GOT DAMNED Virus behind us....Normal, ha, what a damned joke.
I'm an oldster who will likely NEVER SEE life returned to "Normal", hopefully though some of y'alls kids & grandkids will live to see it.

BTW, ever heard of "Typhoid Mary"?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Letting Rodgers say "**** you" to ALL of it - well, caused the league to lose complete credibility in my opinion.

Can't really trust anything else after that point. You don't know what the reasonings are - other than $ really, and that's an un-fulfilling explanation unfortunately.

At this point, I don't really trust alot/any of the public face of this league-wise on the issue.

Forfeit should be a forfeit. Loss should be a loss. As one other poster mentioned in a different thread: "We didn't get an asterisk for the games we lost due to Russ being out."

Fair is fair. Rams should have fielded best available team Sunday and if they lost, well, they lost. NFL should have stuck to their 'press release' er - 'rules' from the summer.

But they didn't. And there's nothing that can be done about it. Hopefully Lockett will be available because of the delay - just in time to face the best pass rush in the league ;)

None of it makes a ton of sense. AND, it's not fair. If they are gonna do this kinda stuff - I agree with a couple people who said that they should have built more slush/blank scheduling in on the back end to delay all of these games a proper week or two, instead of this onesey-twosey days kinda crap. If you're gonna give a team a chance to 'get over' a COVID outbreak - lock 'em down and give 'em a week. Then they're healed - not just asymptomatic and ready to spread to others.

Whatever.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
xray":39dkh3p6 said:
Fully vaccinated players being infected by what ever variant ...pick one...and fans blame the NFL for trying to sabotage the Hawks because of it ? This is why I hatefully laugh at 'Homers' .

LMAO!!! Ooooooh I guess you set me in my place... Gee I better not mess with you huh? LMAO!!!! :rumble:

At the very beginning of this post I said, "I dont know if I totally believe it but i'm sayin it anyway!"

This post was meant to be kind of a spoof Half serious...

But then your NOT smart enough to figure that out. Ok... I understand that that you have the mental aptitude of a piece of meat loaf soaked in spilled Budweiser. Fair enough.

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":dchfq922 said:
LTH":dchfq922 said:
Maelstrom787":dchfq922 said:
LTH":dchfq922 said:

Gregg Bell
@gbellseattle

LTH

It's not necessarily their fault, either. That's the thing.

Also, you have no idea whether or not additional scheduling adjustments will be made to account for the short week. I personally would hope so, as the short week is the only legitimate complaint here.

If the Rams were found to be violating protocols, I'd be right there with you - but a team shouldn't have to forfeit because vaccinated players are being infected by a new, apparently highly transmissible strain of a virus that's caused a global pandemic accounting for millions of deaths.

Lets see what KJ has to say about it?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KJ_WRIGHT34/status/1471927244503150592[/tweet]