OK, I'm really not seeing

scutterhawk

Reaction score
A hell of a lot of concern about our gaping hole at RB, & since Penny has skedaddled, is anyone as concerned as I am about not having a Beast-Back to take his place? Who do some of Y'all got on the radar screen that the Seahawks should be going after in this Draft??

renofox

Reaction score
Plenty of RBs available. PCJS will probably gamble on finding the next Carson/Pacheco type productive late-rounder. Wouldn't surprise me if they picked 2 RBs this year - they need 2 and used the double dip strategy to great effect last year.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Plenty of RBs available. PCJS will probably gamble on finding the next Carson/Pacheco type productive late-rounder. Wouldn't surprise me if they picked 2 RBs this year - they need 2 and used the double dip strategy to great effect last year.
I sure hope you're right, as Pennys' departure dumps a hell of a load on K-9.
I'm not insinuating that Kenny isn't a tremendous RB for us, but he cannot be the only option @ RB because he's not built/equipped to carry that big a load.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I hope they take 1 of these guys

Gibbs - Bama
Charbonnet - UCLA
Brown - Illinois
Johnson - Texas

renofox

Reaction score
I sure hope you're right, as Pennys' departure dumps a hell of a load on K-9.
I'm not insinuating that Kenny isn't a tremendous RB for us, but he cannot be the only option @ RB because he's not built/equipped to carry that big a load.
All they have now is KW and DJ Dallas (Thompson is practice squad material).

They usually carry 4 RBs but they really should be carrying 5 with the team's injury history at the position.

2 late round picks and a cheap FA after cutdowns would be good. Hopefully, they can find a big bruiser to draft who is above average in this scheme.

Chevy

Reaction score
If you read our mock drafts the previous three months or so, you would see a RB regularly drafted somewhere in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

sutz

Reaction score
Generally, there are serviceable backs available Day 2 and 3 of the draft. 🤷‍♂️

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A hell of a lot of concern about our gaping hole at RB, & since Penny has skedaddled, is anyone as concerned as I am about not having a Beast-Back to take his place? Who do some of Y'all got on the radar screen that the Seahawks should be going after in this Draft??

How can I be concerned about a replacement for someone who didn't play?

I see a lot of threads about needs and concerns before the draft and the rest of free agency, which goes well into June and July.

How bout we save our concerns for then? Don't you think John and Pete know they need more RB's? My guess is we're drafting one, and also signing another vet before camp.

Right now there are 47 available RB's. I'd bet one of these guys will be wearing a Seahawks uniform come training camp.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm in the camp of drafting RBs often and not paying them in free agency, so in my view things are proceeding well so far. Look at a guy like Dalvin Cook who has been really good, but has a base salary of $10.4m. He's probably not tradeable because teams look at that and would much rather have a 4th round rookie RB at $0.9m who will probably perform similarly at 10% of the cost.

We need another third down back to compete with Dallas, a short yardage/power back, and another primary back to spell Walker. The top prospect could fill all three roles (Bijan), a handful of them could do multiple roles (Gibbs, Charbonnet), and then most of them deep into the draft could still fill one of those roles pretty well.

Rat

Reaction score
How can I be concerned about a replacement for someone who didn't play?

I see a lot of threads about needs and concerns before the draft and the rest of free agency, which goes well into June and July.

How bout we save our concerns for then? Don't you think John and Pete know they need more RB's? My guess is we're drafting one, and also signing another vet before camp.

Right now there are 47 available RB's. I'd bet one of these guys will be wearing a Seahawks uniform come training camp.

Not a lot of quality on there. I've always liked Rex Burkhead, although he's a little older now (32). Justin Jackson could be a decent signing too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not a lot of quality on there. I've always liked Rex Burkhead, although he's a little older now (32). Justin Jackson could be a decent signing too.

Plenty of quality on there for a veteran dependable backup to come in for 2-3 series a game.

Fournette
Hunt
Williams
Murray

Throw in a drafted rookie and that's plenty of RB's.

My point is to be concerned about any position group before the draft and the roster isn't even close to finished for the beginning of camp is ridiculous.

Get back to me in July if we didn't draft any RB's or sign any RB free agents.

Latest posts