Okung Going to the Pro Bowl -- Where Are The Haters Now?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ucm8vun said:
Unger is a stud. Has played in every game for NO since his trade there and they just extended him for three years, $22.2M with $14.3M guaranteed.

Wasn't the word that Seattle was set to release Unger if they weren't able to trade him? I don't have a source on that, was just the scuttlebutt on these boards at the time of the trade.

Unger is a stud, but ask NO fans if they'd like his salary spent on their terrible defense and I bet most of them would say yes.

NO is #4 in offensive salary allocation and #31 in defensive salary allocation.

Is that what you want here? A worse defense for a better O-line? Cause that's the trade off, there is no perfect scenario, you gotta choose where you want to spend.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gy58o8l said:
CodeWarrior":3gy58o8l said:
Unger is a stud. Has played in every game for NO since his trade there and they just extended him for three years, $22.2M with $14.3M guaranteed.

Wasn't the word that Seattle was set to release Unger if they weren't able to trade him? I don't have a source on that, was just the scuttlebutt on these boards at the time of the trade.

Unger is a stud, but ask NO fans if they'd like his salary spent on their terrible defense and I bet most of them would say yes.

NO is #4 in offensive salary allocation and #31 in defensive salary allocation.

Is that what you want here? A worse defense for a better O-line? Cause that's the trade off, there is no perfect scenario, you gotta choose where you want to spend.

If I get to pick I'll go with not having $37,885,635 in dead cap money, highest in the NFL.

Largent80

Reaction score
Unger is the guy they should have kept however I am eating copious amounts of crow with Britt actually getting it done at center.

Okung got dinged in the low back, so his proposed trip to the pro bowl less than 1/4 into the season is in serious jeopardy.... :lol:

xgeoff

Reaction score
mrt144":2k5sq8ob said:
...The FO replaced Okung with an all carob chip mix. And it costs a 1/10 of what the Okung trail mix does. Cause nobody actually likes carob chips.

OK this is pretty genius here. I can't stop laughing :)

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":3flo2hm4 said:
Unger is the guy they should have kept however I am eating copious amounts of crow with Britt actually getting it done at center.

Okung got dinged in the low back, so his proposed trip to the pro bowl less than 1/4 into the season is in serious jeopardy.... :lol:

I don't think you should eat crow over Britt. I HATED Britt and wanted him gone. Because he was a crappy T and G. Kudos to the coaches for trying him at C. I would never have thought he could be successful there, but it seems to be working, and I couldn't be happier!

That doesn't mean he wasn't a crappy G and T. He was...

endzorn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how his compensatory pick would be affected if his option is exercised? The first year was $5m but if they exercise the option the total of the contract is huge. I'm curious if only the first year counts even if he's granted the whole deal.

xgeoff

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3e1jefim said:
Ok maybe I was thinking Sweezy

Yes, I believe Sweezy has not played a Regular Season down for the Bucs yet due to back issues. The Bucs are putting up good Offensive numbers, though. They hung 32 points on the Rams.

Interestingly, the Bucs did amazingly well with the offensive linemen they drafted last year. Both Ali Marpet and Donovan Smith played well last year for them. Against the Rams this year the OL allowed only 2 sacks. Not sure what the overall level of pressure was on Winston.

DJrmb

Reaction score
endzorn":2ltqoerz said:
Does anyone know how his compensatory pick would be affected if his option is exercised? The first year was $5m but if they exercise the option the total of the contract is huge. I'm curious if only the first year counts even if he's granted the whole deal.

I'm wondering this same thing. It seems like if they exercise the option the comp pick would have to take into account the entire deal. After all it is still "part" of the same deal, it's just an option portion.

If that's not the case then this could be a huge loophole that GM's could use to screw other teams out of Comp picks. Why not just make every deal a 1 year deal with option so that you could keep them from getting extra draft picks and still take their players... Maybe not all deals but I could see division rivals using that for sure if that's really how this all works.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Alvin Bailey went and got himself a DUI this week.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPN_NFLNation/status/781941354347704320[/tweet]

Latest posts