OL

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I really liked what I seen from the OL. Maybe RW not scramling around and Geno standing tall helps. Yes, we gave up two sacks, but Geno could have stepped up. When was the last time our center wasn't getting blown back into the backfield? These rookie tackles are the real deal, great things to come.

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, Chubb is the real deal. Holding him to two sacks, both of which Geno arguably had a hand in, is better than we could generally expect from a rookie, who incidentally didn't get any help from a TE or RB.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I liked the look of our O-Line. The two sacks were hurt by Geno not sensing that his LT was getting beat (the second one a little less on Geno than the first) but I mean, we heard basically nothing about Chubb until late in the game.

Our rookies held up well.

James in PA

Reaction score
I too was impressed with the rooks. Geno kind of regressed as the game went on. He wasn't stepping up into the pocket like he did in the first half to avoid those sacks and his throws just weren't as good. If these rooks can keep playing like this and we get more of "first half Geno" (and get a little more out of the run game) we'll be ok.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Am I wrong?I thought Lucas gave up one of two.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yep, those two rookie linemen played well in their very first game IMHO. I'm not an X's & O's
dude but they look like savvy picks to me. All the rookies , FA acquisitions, 2nd and 3rd year
guys ... Hey were young !! Exciting for sure. I'm behind Geno , he looks like a real dude.. not a
fake azz midget worried about his own stats and glory. I hated that.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I liked the look of our O-Line. The two sacks were hurt by Geno not sensing that his LT was getting beat (the second one a little less on Geno than the first) but I mean, we heard basically nothing about Chubb until late in the game.

Our rookies held up well.
Yeah if Geno stepped up on the sack fumble recovered by Cross and ran lol (great awareness on cross tbh) it probably wouldnt have happened.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the best DE in the league. He got a good welcome to the NFL moment. I suspect any rookie who goes up against Chubb deals with that. Great learning experience.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What I liked was seeing our center downfield blocking on many run plays. There were a couple plays where he was just a step or two behind the ball carrier.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the OL will improve under a new OL coach and OC. Guys like Damien Lewis and Jake Curhan were doing fairly well under Solari. Once Dickerson took over, these guys seemed lost. Hopefully they can resurrect their careers with a new offensive scheme.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I think it's a given that the OL will improve noticeably regardless of who takes the head coach position. Pete's OL philosophy was that lacking.

bigcc

Reaction score
Shoutout to the dude trying to convince himself holding chubb (or literally anyone to ever step on the field) to 2 sacks "better than you should expect for a rookie"

Rip dawg you definitely od'd from all the copium by now

Latest posts