One thing I know

seahawksny

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":11zgyakq said:
Hawkscanner":11zgyakq said:
Actually, I have a vastly different factor -- and IMO it's probably THE biggest factor that's going to decide whether we win ... or lose that game. And that ... is simply the running game. If Rawls and the Offensive Line are able to duplicate anything close to the performance they had last night ... if he rushes for (say) 110 yards+ ... and we're able to control the clock and keep the ball OUT of the hands of Matty Ice and keep that prolific offense on the sideline, we win that game.
Correct. Run the ball and break their will.
Play like we did Saturday and I would expect a victory unless something bizarre happens.

i dont know about Expecting a victory. Keep in mind Detroit looked like the 2004 Hawks dropping everything, and the acrobatic catches by P Rich really bailed Russell out. Running the ball will help, but I dont expect Atlanta to make the mistakes DET made.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The game earlier this year, we hit ryan a ton in the first half, and went into half winning 17-3. They had a great 3rd qtr due to the two blown coverages and the now historic sherman blowup on the sideline.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I said last week our playoff success lies with the D-line...................too many great QB's left, without that constant pressure guys like Rodgers, Ryan and even Prescott will pick us apart.

So nothing changes from last week, the D-line has to continue to bring it.

evergreen

Reaction score
seahawksny":14q7m4y0 said:
LudwigsDrummer":14q7m4y0 said:
Hawkscanner":14q7m4y0 said:
Actually, I have a vastly different factor -- and IMO it's probably THE biggest factor that's going to decide whether we win ... or lose that game. And that ... is simply the running game. If Rawls and the Offensive Line are able to duplicate anything close to the performance they had last night ... if he rushes for (say) 110 yards+ ... and we're able to control the clock and keep the ball OUT of the hands of Matty Ice and keep that prolific offense on the sideline, we win that game.
Correct. Run the ball and break their will.
Play like we did Saturday and I would expect a victory unless something bizarre happens.

i dont know about Expecting a victory. Keep in mind Detroit looked like the 2004 Hawks dropping everything, and the acrobatic catches by P Rich really bailed Russell out. Running the ball will help, but I dont expect Atlanta to make the mistakes DET made.

And hopefully we see Russell Wilson get going. If he can get hot we're good... We can't beat anyone else if he keeps missing open receivers...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yls3y09i said:
I said last week our playoff success lies with the D-line...................too many great QB's left, without that constant pressure guys like Rodgers, Ryan and even Prescott will pick us apart.

So nothing changes from last week, the D-line has to continue to bring it.
^ This ^
There's a flaw in believing that we just need to dominate in the time of possession and keep their Quarterback on the sidelines....it's obvious that they WILL be getting some play time, and the only way to limit their success, is to keep knocking them off balance with hits, pressures & sacks.....it all starts up front with the D-Line.