Only thing better than listening to Denver radio Feb 3...

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Escamillo":2iylgm9h said:
5. I listened to Portland podcasts, but some Portlanders have a weird anti-Seattle thing going on, mainly because they hate the Huskies. I've known lots of Oregon folk over the years, and while they hated the Sonics, and currently hate the Huskies and Sounders, they've been fans of the Seahawks and Mariners, since those are the regional teams in their respective leagues. But recently there seem to be more folks in Portland that hate everything Seattle, including the Seahawks. But most of the callers to the Portland radio station were Seahawks fans, and loved the SB.
:mrgreen:
I quit listening to local Portland sports radio long time ago they always seem to whine about the Seahawks being shoved down their throat, and plus a lot of callers are SF Bay Area transplant Whiner fans hating on the Seahawks.

plyka

Reaction score
Escamillo":2hkxad7p said:
Since the SB, I've listened to a few podcasts of sports radio from places like San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Indy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, KC, SF, Chicago.
And of course Denver. Actually, I mostly listened to NFC West and AFC West sports radio stations.

Most of them tend to be the same, lots of praise for the Seahawks with the hosts saying "We picked Seattle, but didn't predict a blowout", or "We picked Denver and are shocked at the outcome". It's pretty cool, though it starts to sound the same after awhile, but some things I noticed:
1. Way too much talk of Peyton Manning's legacy. WTH? Let the man finish his career, THEN talk of his legacy. I can't remember any other player where so much time was spent on his legacy while he's still paying the game.
2. Lots of talk about where Seattle's defense ranks in history, typical comparisons are with the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens.
3. KC loved the SB, because KC absolutely hates the Broncos, so listening to their sports radio podcasts was fun.
4. There's a San Diego Charger Power Hour podcast at XtraSports1360.com, where they absolutely love the Seahawks, loved Sherman's "Arrogance and Swagger" that he showed in the Erin Andrews post NFCCG interview, and said that Sherman merely voiced how the rest of the team feels. And said that as a compliment. I actually downloaded that podcast rather than just streaming it, because I loved listening to it.
5. I listened to Portland podcasts, but some Portlanders have a weird anti-Seattle thing going on, mainly because they hate the Huskies. I've known lots of Oregon folk over the years, and while they hated the Sonics, and currently hate the Huskies and Sounders, they've been fans of the Seahawks and Mariners, since those are the regional teams in their respective leagues. But recently there seem to be more folks in Portland that hate everything Seattle, including the Seahawks. But most of the callers to the Portland radio station were Seahawks fans, and loved the SB.

Lastly, I did download all of the KJR and 710ESPN post-SB podcasts for future listening in the years to come. 8)
And oh yeah, I know that schadenfreude a bad trait, but I couldn't help but download a handful of Denver sports radio podcasts too, also for future lisetning. :mrgreen:

Where did you go for, for the KC podcaasts?

BASF

Reaction score
lsheldon":3uwua4l2 said:
Second clue was when he said he would take Kaepernick over Manning.

I don't think he is wrong about that. The fact is that during the NFC Championship game, the giraffe had two great plays that were or led to TD's against our defense who pretty much shut down all pocket passers we faced. The throw to Boldin for the touchdown was one that only three or four QB's can make. He basically threw the ball on a rope thirty-five yards with enough velocity that tipping it did nothing to change the flight of the ball off of one foot while scrambling out of the pocket. The run to the red zone that set up the Dixon touchdown was one that only three or four QB's can make (though it should have been called back for the hold on Mebane). Manning does not fit into either of those categories.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm not about to disagree with the scorn directed towards Big Al, but his buddy D-Mac is equally as clueless and far more irritating, especially in the pre - Superbowl shows.

Escamillo

Reaction score
plyka":3mriwnn0 said:
Escamillo":3mriwnn0 said:
Since the SB, I've listened to a few podcasts of sports radio from places like San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Indy, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, KC, SF, Chicago.
And of course Denver. Actually, I mostly listened to NFC West and AFC West sports radio stations.

Most of them tend to be the same, lots of praise for the Seahawks with the hosts saying "We picked Seattle, but didn't predict a blowout", or "We picked Denver and are shocked at the outcome". It's pretty cool, though it starts to sound the same after awhile, but some things I noticed:
1. Way too much talk of Peyton Manning's legacy. WTH? Let the man finish his career, THEN talk of his legacy. I can't remember any other player where so much time was spent on his legacy while he's still paying the game.
2. Lots of talk about where Seattle's defense ranks in history, typical comparisons are with the '85 Bears and 2000 Ravens.
3. KC loved the SB, because KC absolutely hates the Broncos, so listening to their sports radio podcasts was fun.
4. There's a San Diego Charger Power Hour podcast at XtraSports1360.com, where they absolutely love the Seahawks, loved Sherman's "Arrogance and Swagger" that he showed in the Erin Andrews post NFCCG interview, and said that Sherman merely voiced how the rest of the team feels. And said that as a compliment. I actually downloaded that podcast rather than just streaming it, because I loved listening to it.

Lastly, I did download all of the KJR and 710ESPN post-SB podcasts for future listening in the years to come. 8)
And oh yeah, I know that schadenfreude a bad trait, but I couldn't help but download a handful of Denver sports radio podcasts too, also for future lisetning. :mrgreen:

Where did you go for, for the KC podcaasts?

For quantity of KC sports radio podcasts about SB48, see http://www.610Sports.com.

But for quality, I recommend 810WHB.com's SportsNight show, as there's a very good interview with Marcus Allen. I'd forgotten that Marcus Allen spent the last few years of his career at KC, so he's a well-regarded personality there. They interviewed him about the SB (and other things), and he gushed over the Seahawks, and even said that we do indeed have a good chance to be a "dynasty" for the next 2 or 3 years, an opinion that he surprised the host with a little bit. But 818WHB.com's podcast page has a horrible UI, IMO, it's hard to see what's going on. But as I type this, the Marcus Allen interview is the final entry on the page, so I'm guessing it won't be available for too much longer. Here's a direct link to the Marcus Allen interview.

Escamillo

Reaction score
hoxrox":3u0gf9yw said:
This was a good listen from 49er radio after the SB:

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... &f=2389613

I just listened to the first ten minutes of that, it was like Mozart and Stevie Wonder to my ears. :D

I did think he was a little harsh on Seahawks previous perception regarding their joining the NFC West, since the Seahawks have won the division 6 of the 12 years they've been in that division, but still very nice audio clip.

olyfan63

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1c942q4h said:
That is almost as good as KCMO radio. Kansas City has loved us since preseason 2012 by the way. They have been calling to BE us since preseason 2012 in fact.:)

I loved that photo of Eric Berry upside down chasing rookie Russell Wilson during the preseason game.

So KC has really "flipped" for the Seahawks?

Berry7

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They were uber confident. When I watched Denver, I saw a lot of short passes turned into big yards. No one wanted to believe that the tackling by Seattle would be that good even though they did the same thing to NOLA.

To beat Seattle, you need to have a power run game, mobile QB, aggressive defense, solid pass game that can go deep, good return game and a little luck.

Denver had none of those things. Most teams don't and that is why the Hawks are the Champs.

That is so awesome to say. That and they did it by beating everyone considered the best. Saints, Niners and Donks... LMAO.

Latest posts