Oregon vs Ohio state

jkitsune

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2kj300pe said:
Except Carroll would have never ran up the score in the last 30 seconds against an injured defense that had already lost.

He isn't a dbag like their "coach".

It isn't even a comparison.

And when Dallas beat us, they would have never done that either.

No team would have, unless the game is on the line or there is some reason to try to impress voters for that stupid poll.

It was a ridiculous move by a piece of crap human being who apparently needed to show the world just what kind of garbage Ohio State was filled with as if we were not aware.

Glad Oregon didn't win but rooting for Ohio State is like cheering for cancer.

Wishing for players and coaches to get injured is trashy regardless of why you did it. The absence of that is what used to make this board great. Keep it to yourself.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Rat":3vto5bv8 said:
National Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to get too greedy, but if the Seahawks pull this off, my two big allegiances will have three football championships in less than a year!

I don't care about OSU, but I wish you luck in this quest. I came close last season when Auburn played for the NC, but fell just short. Luckily, I'm about 100x more a fan of the Seahawks than I am a fan of Auburn football, so if one had to lose, it worked out okay for me.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13rcxd3y said:
Oregon will never win a National Championship.. they caught every break in the world this year and still got drubbed.

Too funny.

What breaks did they catch? Their best wr and best olinemen never played a down. They played a few games without their top 4 tackles. Lost their starting tight end to a horrific leg injury. Lost 2 starting receivers for the title game due to injury and suspension. I think it was one of the more resilient teams I've seen. Got their asses kicked today though.

Rat

Reaction score
If Baylor schedules anything resembling a semi-legit OOC game, OSU doesn't even make this playoff, and then they win it all. Crazy.

kearly

Reaction score
Congrats Rat! Condolences J.

Regarding the TD at the end, it's just my opinion but I loved it. Ohio State had a two score lead and could not end the game on kneel downs if Oregon called their timeouts, which any competitor would of course do. When Helfrich didn't call the timeouts, he was basically waving the white flag, and asking for mercy. I never want to see my coach doing that in a championship game, I don't care if the odds of winning are one in a million. Remember when Harbaugh called his two timeouts after 'the tip' just so he'd have three chances at a bad under center snap? It was ridiculous, but that's how it needs to be in these all or nothing games. A coach and his QB can NEVER give up.

Seeing Helfrich wave the white flag bothered me, and I saw the TD run as the proper response, to be honest. Ohio State bullied the ducks almost the entire game, and the Ducks just took it like a 6th grader having his lunch money stolen and getting shoved in his locker, even though the Ducks were the higher ranked team.

I felt zero satisfaction from seeing Oregon lose, and I honestly feel sad that this amazing little era for their school will now likely go without a championship. I think Oregon is at least a 3 loss team next year.

It must really suck to have a team built with all those speedy smallish defenders, only to draw athletic 250 QBs in each of your championship games. Ain't that a bitch.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rat":8j85wjxe said:
If Baylor schedules anything resembling a semi-legit OOC game, OSU doesn't even make this playoff, and then they win it all. Crazy.

You should thank the Media and all college fans for hounding them to change the BCS system. If it wasnt for that Ohio St doesnt even sniff a Title game and SEC laughs once again

Rat

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3t42cvuo said:
Rat":3t42cvuo said:
National Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to get too greedy, but if the Seahawks pull this off, my two big allegiances will have three football championships in less than a year!

I don't care about OSU, but I wish you luck in this quest. I came close last season when Auburn played for the NC, but fell just short. Luckily, I'm about 100x more a fan of the Seahawks than I am a fan of Auburn football, so if one had to lose, it worked out okay for me.

Thanks! After how many heartbreaking years I've been through with those two teams, the past year has been very enjoyable.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Congrats to the Buckeyes players. If Elliot became Lynch's replacement, I would not be unhappy.

Rat

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2w5xb73o said:
Rat":2w5xb73o said:

You should thank the Media and all college fans for hounding them to change the BCS system. If it wasnt for that Ohio St doesnt even sniff a Title game and SEC laughs once again

Probably. I thought I read that using the BCS formula, the title game would have Alabama-Florida State. Alabama is the likely winner there.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":yau2yo5t said:
Congrats Rat! Condolences J.

Regarding the TD at the end, it's just my opinion but I loved it. Ohio State had a two score lead and could not end the game on kneel downs if Oregon called their timeouts, which any competitor would of course do. When Helfrich didn't call the timeouts, he was basically waving the white flag, and asking for mercy. I never want to see my coach doing that in a championship game, I don't care if the odds of winning are one in a million. Remember when Harbaugh called his two timeouts after 'the tip' just so he'd have three chances at a bad under center snap? It was ridiculous, but that's how it needs to be in these all or nothing games. A coach and his QB can NEVER give up.

Seeing Helfrich wave the white flag bothered me, and I saw the TD run as the proper response, to be honest. Ohio State bullied the ducks almost the entire game, and the Ducks just took it like a 6th grader having his lunch money stolen and getting shoved in his locker, even though the Ducks were the higher ranked team.

I felt zero satisfaction from seeing Oregon lose, and I honestly feel sad that this amazing little era for their school will now likely go without a championship. I think Oregon is at least a 3 loss team next year.

It must really suck to have a team built with all those speedy smallish defenders, only to draw athletic 250 QBs in each of your championship games. Ain't that a bitch.

That QB wasnt a factor running the ball in THIS game. He ran it 21 times for 38 yards..

Maybe the fact that Ohio States RB had 36 carries for 246 yards and 4TD was the deciding factor here

Against Auburn Cam had 64 yards on 22 carries

Both QBs had less than 3 YPC

I would say the RBS and running game total is what lost them both games...I mean holy shit look at these stats

Auburn, 50 carries for 254 yards
Ohio State 61 carries for 296 yards and 5 TD

kearly

Reaction score
Elliot reminds me of Mark Ingram (I mean that as a compliment).

kearly

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2h7h0pwr said:
That QB wasnt a factor running the ball in THIS game. He ran it 21 times for 38 yards..

Maybe the fact that Ohio States RB had 36 carries for 246 yards and 4TD was the deciding factor here

Against Auburn Cam had 64 yards on 22 carries

Both QBs had less than 3 YPC

I would say the RBS and running game total is what lost them both games...I mean holy shit look at these stats

Auburn, 50 carries for 254 yards
Ohio State 61 carries for 296 yards and 5 TD

A 250 pound runner carrying 21 times has a way of wearing a defense down. He just happened to play QB. Then you add the other carries by a physical back in Elliot.

Oregon's defense is built to fly, it's not built to endure. Their run defense was toast by the 2nd quarter.

When OSU needed a yard on 4th down, it was like taking candy from a baby.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I thought the keys for OSU were that the Oregon decided to tackle high all game and get into situations where disciplined football would win out only to watch the Ducks fall into utter chaos.

jake206

Reaction score
Ohio State defense= basically the college version of the Seahawks.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jake206":3v9klb8j said:
Ohio State defense= basically the college version of the Seahawks.

LOL wait...what

Sb3hn4

In the 3rd Quarter their D was on the field for like 2 minutes and gave up 10 points. Ohio State had the ball for like 22 minutes in the 2nd half

I hope our D doesnt give up almost 500 yards of offense to the Packers with the Packers having the ball for like 8 minutes in the entire 2nd half

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cgijumm said:
And the riots are on in Columbus. Honest question, was there any rioting in Seattle after we won it last year? I honestly can't remember.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckey ... n-34698957
I went up to Pioneer square after the game... I left after like 20 minutes. Big fire in the middle of the street. Idiots climbing up lampposts and people's apartment balconies. Dumbasses throwing glass bottles and surrounding cars (why the hell would u drive through a crowd anyways) but yeah... I didn't feel safe and I don't like being around idiots

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1dxz77uy said:
And the riots are on in Columbus. Honest question, was there any rioting in Seattle after we won it last year? I honestly can't remember.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckey ... n-34698957
I'm pretty sure a guy dropped his pants on the news. Dude's meat flopping all over the place. That could've been after the NFC title game though.

frosted21

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":10t79jsq said:
Hasselbeck":10t79jsq said:
Oregon will never win a National Championship.. they caught every break in the world this year and still got drubbed.

Too funny.

I dont know why people are delighting in Oregon losing...do you like Ohio State better? That itself is laughable

The only positive about this game is the fact that FSU or Alabama couldnt fraud their way into another Title which would of happened under the old system

Why is is laughable if you're a fan of Ohio State?

Latest posts