Our D is better than our W/L shows.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Last week Pete Carroll was on a podcast saying "Bengals have explosive offense" I bring this up somewhat in defense of our defense, because KJ said that Hue Jackson (who is purportedly an excellent OC) put out some formations they had never seen before. Such as the Tackles lining up as wide receivers.

Well I think after that terrible 4th quarter in Ohio, we won't see a repeat of that this weekend, or for the rest of the season. I don't see Carolina pulling out the stops like Cinci did, and if we can cover Greg Olsen, this will be a completely different outcome. I'm predicting the defense bounces back in this game and holds the Panthers to 10 points.

But back to my original point of defending the defense, Cincinnati is the #2 ranked offense behind New England. 421.48 ypg vs 423.8 ypg. The Bengals rush for 124.2 ypg (10th) and score 29.6 points per game (4th).

So in hindsight, I think our defense did pretty well, and if it hadn't been for those 2 missed coverages on the tight end, the outcome would have been a lot different. A couple points and minutes here or there means so much in football. But I'm encouraged, because we have played the 3 toughest games on our schedule, on the road, and we were in every one.

ORIGINALLY AIRED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2015

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll joins KIRO Radio 97.3 FM to preview Sunday's game against the Bengals, saying Cincinnati has the NFL's most explosive offense. Carroll also gives an injury update on running back Marshawn Lynch.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... oll%20Show