Outage

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Worst timing ever too. If i hadnt been out of town Managing the IT cutover of a newly acquired business working 4 straight 16hr days id been by Tony side helping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2glrzita said:
Worst timing ever too. If i hadnt been out of town Managing the IT cutover of a newly acquired business working 4 straight 16hr days id been by Tony side helping.

Well he has Management down pat, I was busy doing important stuff, let the other guys handle it so I can fire them when asked for corrective action :)

Just kidding of course....

Something was in the air that day for sure, I think that alert melted everything down. :p

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":2jrsue2g said:
Wenhawk":2jrsue2g said:

Well he has Management down pat, I was busy doing important stuff, let the other guys handle it so I can fire them when asked for corrective action :)

Just kidding of course....

Something was in the air that day for sure, I think that alert melted everything down. :p

Fart???? :stirthepot:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Between Friday and Sunday we:

installed 23 Wireless access points
25 new desktops and dual monitors
Migrated a 400gb file share
Decomissioned a server
Added 40 users to a new domain
Rewired 2 network closets
Replaced 5 switches, 2 routers
Config/Mapped 15 printers
So much more.

Go live on monday morning went off without a hitch. Good news is I get to keep my day job.

Leaving KC in 45 min. Cant wait to be home. [emoji42]

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The fiber media boxs were 100mb max, upgraded too 1000mb.

The suddenlink modem was docsis 3.0 they had been paying for 500mbs for years only getting about 300 through but of couse thevfc 100m media convert bottle neck.

All Cisco Meraki.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah with the speed upgrades of the network Modems can be a big bottle neck unless you upgrade them also, something many forget or don't think about, Even in homes, we just went from a 100 megs to 230 megs at home all due to a older Modem we just replaced.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well done Wenhawk. I do see a lot of work there and see the work done. Thanks for the vision.

Chat is not up for those that may be interested. Thanks for all the hard work tho...really do appreciate it.

Touchdown

Reaction score
Here is the plan going forward. I will be doing site survey work today and moving the new hardware in. New circuit with 5 IPs, 220 voltage with dual 30A feeds, Security Appliance and private cloud with high-availability and geo-redundancy. All on-premises to facilitate 24/7 support except of course the DR (geo-redundancy).
VK2w K6xpM1Nv0Qwidth144height256cropmodenone Kx5qo6OmA1kIoigwidth144height256cropmodenone

This will take all day to move and organize.

The actual circuit and power will take all of next weekend.​

chris98251

Reaction score
Touchdown":32zbfk23 said:
Here is the plan going forward. I will be doing site survey work today and moving the new hardware in. New circuit with 5 IPs, 220 voltage with dual 30A feeds, Security Appliance and private cloud with high-availability and geo-redundancy. All on-premises to facilitate 24/7 support except of course the DR (geo-redundancy).
VK2w K6xpM1Nv0Qwidth144height256cropmodenone Kx5qo6OmA1kIoigwidth144height256cropmodenone

This will take all day to move and organize.

The actual circuit and power will take all of next weekend.​

Does that have a built in battery back up system? Your dual redundancy is great but still based on commercial power. At least from the description you gave.

I know from when I did Customer Premise stuff they started using dual A and B load battery back up's on some of their stuff, they were small and just made for like 2 hrs life extension or so in the event of a minor glitch, I guess they figured 2 hrs is the typical repair cycle for a random outage that wasn't a major outage.

Clean looking piece of gear though !

SeaChat

Reaction score
Yeah I thought maybe it was my local ISP blocking sites for some reason, I was watching the game and wanted to log in to the IRC chat and couldn't get anywhere. I know servers can be a pain to manage sometimes. I have been doing it for 30 plus years now, and just went through a similar fiasco recently.

My server security was compromised by a Trojan Malware File, and I had to hire help to get it defeated and resecure things before I could get my server and the sites on it, back on line.

I now have to payout going to keep it clean. Its the price of running a server in this day and age. It's also why it's important for all of us to support the Seahawks.net forum, with your domations of a few bucks, now and again, when you can spare it,

It's not fair that the admins have to provide for all the cost, to insure that we have a place like this to hang out, and have so damn much fun. This outage was a reminder for me, that it's time to toss a few bucks in the hat today. it's been awhile, I figure I'm due.

My thanks to Anguish and everyone else behind the scenes, who makes this place possible for all of us. ..

Go Seahawks!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hey guys, could you kindly work on getting the chat room back up!

Thanks! :D

AubHawk71

Reaction score
It has been over two months now, you could probably stop beating yourself up over this. What are ya, Catholic?!?