Packers at Bears

bandiger

Reaction score
I think I’ll go with old school run the ball mentality after watching how tragic the play calling has been this game. Just wow, I wish Seahawks had drafted Montgomery didn’t know there was an RB of that caliber in the draft.

James in PA

Reaction score
Is Green Bay’s D legit or is Trubisky just an incredibly average QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
The Bears have no shot at a title with Trubisky he's just not good, the Packers on the other hand are scary, that defense looks good and you know the offense will get going.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Would suck to be a bears fan and have to try and be excited about Trubisky. He has no Juice.

So fortunate to have RW

Maulbert

Reaction score
getnasty":wbpj3fa3 said:
The Bears have no shot at a title with Trubisky he's just not good, the Packers on the other hand are scary, that defense looks good and you know the offense will get going.

I don't fear their defense, as you pointed out, Trubisky is just not good.

McGruff

Reaction score
How can anyone watched this and be scared by Erin Rodgers and the Packers?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
NFL power rankings has Bears #6. Seahawks #9. How far will Bears tumble after tonight's embarrassment?

getnasty

Reaction score
Maulbert":3obw9q9e said:
getnasty":3obw9q9e said:

I don't fear their defense, as you pointed out, Trubisky is just not good.

I really like there young secondary and the additions on the DL are good pick ups, Mitch is bad but i think the Packers D is gonna be good too.

Vesuve

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":3rf0qntd said:
NFL power rankings has Bears #6. Seahawks #9. How far will Bears tumble after tonight's embarrassment?

That's an inaccurate power ranking of the Bears, even before tonight's game.

I was dinking about the house.

I just noticed lots of flags. Seems like a flag was thrown ever 4 plays or so.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
James in PA":2h188zbe said:
Is Green Bay’s D legit or is Trubisky just an incredibly average QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be asking these questions about a lot of teams through the first ten weeks or so.

Many opinions will be made about how good/bad teams are and "big surprises" or whatever during the first half of the season. Most of them will be wrong. It's just what happens every year.

TreeRon

Reaction score
bandiger":2smx1l1c said:
I think I’ll go with old school run the ball mentality after watching how tragic the play calling has been this game. Just wow, I wish Seahawks had drafted Montgomery didn’t know there was an RB of that caliber in the draft.

I agree the play calling from these youngish offensive mavens, on both teams, has been uninspired, timid and dull.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TreeRon":10qhd8y0 said:
bandiger":10qhd8y0 said:

I agree the play calling from these youngish offensive mavens, on both teams, has been uninspired, timid and dull.

The only realy playcalling sin I saw was the Bears getting away from the run. They were clearly protecting Trubisky from his limitationsin the passing game, but even that didn't work -- it's like blaming the playcalling for the Bortles-led Jaguars, IMO.

As for the Packers and playcalling, who the hell knows. As it has been for the past few years, Rodgers basically refuses to run the offense as it's designed. He just wants to play hero ball at this point, which he is really good at, but playcalling is really beside the point when he refuses to do anything on schedule.

My major takeaway from this game was HOLY GOD THIS NEW CAMERA ANGLE IS WONDERFUL. It gets a little funky on deep balls, but getting to see the QB, the line play and the short and intermediate route combos all in the same shot is AMAZING.

As we've moved to more of a passing league with a stable set of route combos that everyone is using, not being able to see those on the TV broadcast has just been unconscionable. With the old angle stuff like the Rodgers TD would have just looked like a regular TD pass, and not the truly nutty play that it was.

McGruff

Reaction score
How about running short yardage with Corderelle Patterson as the running back.

Or running a screen to Davis, when you have Cohen sitting on the sidelines.

Or the Packers running of 13 seconds total in 3 downs with the lead and under 2 minutes left?

Or both team passing at a 2 to 1 clip in a low scoring defensive battle where first downs are all you really need to win the game.

This was a run first fans perfect argument game for why you run the freaking ball.

Not only did passing not lead to points, it lead to a boring and virtually unwatchable game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
McGruff":2ugbqg00 said:
How about running short yardage with Corderelle Patterson as the running back.

Or running a screen to Davis, when you have Cohen sitting on the sidelines.

Or the Packers running of 13 seconds total in 3 downs with the lead and under 2 minutes left?

Or both team passing at a 2 to 1 clip in a low scoring defensive battle where first downs are all you really need to win the game.

McGruff":2ugbqg00 said:
This was a run first fans perfect argument game for why you run the freaking ball.

Not only did passing not lead to points, it lead to a boring and virtually unwatchable game.

Yeah, but it's not like all run first games don't end up with boring and virtually unwatchable games sometimes too (See the Seahawks offense vs. the Cowboys last year).

A lot of this stuff you're talking about is more outcome-based than strategy-based, IMO.

If anything, it's showing creativity in playcalling that just didn't work.

You're putting Patterson in for that situation because you're trying to fool the defense, and make them think pass or gadget or that you're attacking the edge and then wham you get them up the middle. Maybe that's out-thinking yourself, but if it works everyone's celebrating your playcalling but if it doesn't everyone is complaining about it.

McGruff

Reaction score
No excuses. It's cute, but stupid.

I do believe at the end of the day, it's about execution. It's not about running or passing. It's about doing what you do better than the other team.

But in a game like last night? Run the frakkin ball.

In the mid 3rd quarter I said "the next team to run the ball 3 straight times wins this game."

Neither team did.

McGruff

Reaction score
Even the bears.

1st and 10 at the Packers 16 with over 2 minutes left.

Three straight passes, including an interception.

Run the ball, if its. All you need is 3.4 yards per play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't get all the Trubisky hate, this dude's gonna be in the HOF.

EDyfGpTXkAAjq23formatpngname900x900