Packers have the #7 slot as of now

Mizak

Reaction score

they have the better Division record over Seahawks.

NoGain

Reaction score
When we were in control of our destiny, PC's defense put up an indefensibly shameful performance against one of the weaker offensive teams in the league with a back up QB in the biggest game of the year at home. We're not deserving of a playoff spot, and if we eke in it will only because they've expanded the playoff system to include almost half the teams in the league now.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I think Seattle is better served long term, if they miss the playoffs and changes are made.

The fan in me wants to see Seattle in the tournament. But, the brain says that'll hurt Seattle long term because the results will be just the same.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

they have the better Division record over Seahawks.
The ONLY part of this that makes me not want to chew broken glass?

Mr. Snidely Smugface Smugass Smugshit isn't google-eyeing us from their sidelines. THAT makes this just just just 1% SLIGHTLY less painful to accept.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
My only fear is that regardless of what happens next week, no changes are made. It’s been a long decade of the same

Seahawker

Reaction score
Let's be perfectly clear and honest here.

We don't deserve to make the playoffs.
I think the problems with the offense are.
1) Offensive line. Continuity & injuries.
2) Shane Waldron. Scheme & playcalling.

Defensive Problems.
1) Hurtt, scheme.
2) Lack of fire, will, desire, ability to tackle, cover. Weak up the middle.

Pete.
1) Intermittent poor gametime decisions. Inability to make adjustments and to oversee his assistants regarding effective game plans.
2) Penalties, discipline.

John.
1) Draft dilution. Poor scouting.
2) misuse of draft capital & cap $ in trades. Refusal to build from lines out.

SeaGals.
1) More Heart.
2) Less makeup.
(Just kidding, they're fine.)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Let me get this straight....

We are still in the playoffs if:

Seahawks beat Cardinals
Chicago beat Packers

No other games matter?
I think so but nobody seems to care and wants the lower pick.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I'd rather get in cuz we played ok than because other teams sucked worse. It's kinda like winning the Suck Bowl and the prize is a pity spot in the playoffs. Yeah yeah they won enough, but it feels bad. But I still say you play to win and try to appreciate the spot.

xray

Reaction score
Watering down the playoffs by increasing the number of teams eligible is just about the money .

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think the problems with the offense are.
1) Offensive line. Continuity & injuries.
2) Shane Waldron. Scheme & playcalling.

Defensive Problems.
1) Hurtt, scheme.
2) Lack of fire, will, desire, ability to tackle, cover. Weak up the middle.

Pete.
1) Intermittent poor gametime decisions. Inability to make adjustments and to oversee his assistants regarding effective game plans.
2) Penalties, discipline.

John.
1) Draft dilution. Poor scouting.
2) misuse of draft capital & cap $ in trades. Refusal to build from lines out.

SeaGals.
1) More Heart.
2) Less makeup.
(Just kidding, they're fine.)
I’m curious as to what you mean by “draft dilution”. I agree with most of your post except in regards to JS. The past two drafts have been excellent. They got 5 starters from the ‘22 draft. In the ‘23 draft, they got two studs(21,11) a potential starting center, a starting RG and important contributors in Charbs and Bobo. By my count, that’s 11 key contributors out of the last two drafts. That kind of draft success is an outlier in positive drafting for any team. There are also a few other guys that may pan out with a little more seasoning.
Your assertion of them refusing to build the lines is just plain wrong. In ‘22 they used the 9th overall pick on a LT. They used the 3rd rounder in that draft on a RT. Two high picks for bookend tackles. The ‘23 draft brought a starting RG and by all accounts a starting future center. That is 4/5 of the o line addressed in two consecutive drafts.
The d line has completely been rebuilt over last year. Gone are Collier, Ford, Woods, Green, Jefferson. In their place are Jones, Williams, Reed. Other than a ‘24 2nd round pick for Williams, the d line has been addressed and will most likely have more guys added some way for the ‘24 season.
They have actually used a lot of draft capital and free agents to address the lines. Now it just comes down to…coaching, talent, experience…?

Seahawker

Reaction score
Just take a hard look at our 2013- 2021 drafts. Draft dilution is obvious, trading down and away from talent, throwing draft picks away on high priced, has-been FA's. They had time & resource to build the lines but didn't and still haven't.
Yes the last two drafts have been on an upswing (and damn well should be) but I would pray for Cross' progression and for some miracle water for Lucas' knees.
Also I don't think sprinkling magic pixie dust will get these guys to tackle.
I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm afraid over time Fade's takes have mostly held true.

I'm not going to write a thesis, I stand by my evaluation.

Latest posts