Panthers set to release WR Steve Smith

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1dd3v40e said:
Doesn't bring anything we need to Seattle, to expensive, to Old and won't get the ball enough to satisfy his ego.

His role in Carolina last year was almost exactly what it'd be here. He's exactly the type of character this team enjoys -- pissed off for greatness. With a point to prove. Would be cheap on a one year deal and will be the cheapest, best replacement we can find for Golden if he moves on.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No way would I want that punkass on our team. He's lucky to even be in the NFL after his unprovoked attack on ex-Hawk Ken Lucas. I hope he ends up sleeping under bridges and eating in soup lines.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Much like the Buccaneers in their futile attempt to move Darrelle Revis and his contract, the Panthers have been dragging their heels on Steve Smith, praying someone would trade for him.

They’ve apparently realized that’s not happening.

According to Bill Voth of SportsXchange, the Panthers will release Smith today, ending his 13-year career with the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ter-today/

drrew

Reaction score
Would love him here for a year or two and love his comments about potentially playing against Carolina in the future.

“I want to make sure that whatever team I go to, they’re going to get the best, in shape 35-year-old guy they can get. If that happens to run through Bank of America Stadium, put your goggles on cause there’s going to be blood and guts everywhere,”

Perfect.

googoodan

Reaction score
HawkWow":2kw5lm2s said:
No way would I want that punkass on our team. He's lucky to even be in the NFL after his unprovoked attack on ex-Hawk Ken Lucas. I hope he ends up sleeping under bridges and eating in soup lines.

classy.
If only he followed your lead, right? Knocked out any undercover police wearing opponent jerseys in the clink lately?

Unfortunately for you, Smith is pretty known for his financial savvy.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
googoodan":3g37gxpw said:
HawkWow":3g37gxpw said:

classy.
If only he followed your lead, right? Knocked out any undercover police wearing opponent jerseys in the clink lately?

Unfortunately for you, Smith is pretty known for his financial savvy.

Whoa, somebody is full of Panther piss today.

Latest posts