Paul Richardson? Unger? BMax?

kidhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":237vbosn said:
Not a big fan of bashing posters post counts......

But both of you are right, simon was lit up like an xmas tree....and the thought of jordy or dez lined up against him terrifies me........but he does have skills and i wouldnt be surprised to see him make some big plays too

I'm with you on the post count thing. I only go by the content. There are many with high post counts saying similar on Simon. Problem we had this week that hurt us was Cam is such a threat to run that we had to use a guy to defend that which left Simon without the help he may normally have had. This coupled with how good Benjamin is was making for a difficult day. I don't see us having the same issue with any remaining teams

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":1ewinyh7 said:
gowazzu02":1ewinyh7 said:

But both of you are right, simon was lit up like an xmas tree....and the thought of jordy or dez lined up against him terrifies me........but he does have skills and i wouldnt be surprised to see him make some big plays too

I'm with you on the post count thing. I only go by the content. There are many with high post counts saying similar on Simon. Problem we had this week that hurt us was Cam is such a threat to run that we had to use a guy to defend that which left Simon without the help he may normally have had. This coupled with how good Benjamin is was making for a difficult day. I don't see us having the same issue with any remaining teams
Seriously? If Simon was covering Jordy or Dez last night you don't see the same result? And as far as 'help' goes, isn't our normal scheme one on one coverage by our corners?
Sorry kid, I disagree completely. Not saying Therold can't or won't play better, but if he performs as a starter next opportunity as he did last night, it'll as ugly if not uglier.

GCrow

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2falp3cs said:
The Richardson injury was right down in front of me and I had a clear view of the knee ligamentous tests that Dr. Khalfayan was doing on him. Did five different tests for ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus injuries. There was no significant pain response from Richardson with any of those tests and Dr. Khalfayan's had a was smiling while talking to Richardson before they got him up.

That would be nice. My immediate thought was that it was a ACL or Meniscus just by the way he went down. Here's hoping for the best.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":182001q5 said:
kidhawk":182001q5 said:
gowazzu02":182001q5 said:

Seriously? If Simon was covering Jordy or Dez last night you don't see the same result? And as far as 'help' goes, isn't our normal scheme one on one coverage by our corners?
Sorry kid, I disagree completely. Not saying Therold can't or won't play better, but if he performs as a starter next opportunity as he did last night, it'll as ugly if not uglier.

100%serious

I am fairly certain Maxwell will be back but if not everyone will see how much better we do against receivers on that side of the field. I'm not sure why people think we leave Simon or Maxwell on an island over there. We often slant help to that side of the field. Heck, even Sherman gets help on his side depending on the look the offense gives

GFang

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":ocgbj2ox said:
The Richardson injury was right down in front of me and I had a clear view of the knee ligamentous tests that Dr. Khalfayan was doing on him. Did five different tests for ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus injuries. There was no significant pain response from Richardson with any of those tests and Dr. Khalfayan's had a was smiling while talking to Richardson before they got him up.

My hope is this: Richardson's knee hit the ground hard when he fell apparently. It probably hurt like a son of a ***** and made Paul scared because that's the same knee he had an ACL tear in in college. He walked off gingerly but did not look like he was worried about the knee giving out on him. I'm hoping its just a bone bruise, which could keep him out next week but likely would mean he's at least available for the Super Bowl in three weeks.

With Unger, he received very little medical attention on the sidelines, and was walking around without any signs of pain during the fourth quarter and walking off the field. Hopefully he just tweaked it a bit and they kept him out of the game for precautionary reasons.

Thanks for the info! That sounds good. And we are fortunate to have an extra day of rest before the NFCCG.

If there's anything to nitpick about Russ, it's that he needs to throw those balls farther to Richardson (in particular) and let him run and get them.

themunn

Reaction score
With regards to Unger it didn't actually look like he rolled his ankle - the contact was right at the knee joint - it probably just hurt a good bit, and given that the game was in hand there was no sense to risk anything.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":1i7d0adl said:
100%serious

I am fairly certain Maxwell will be back but if not everyone will see how much better we do against receivers on that side of the field. I'm not sure why people think we leave Simon or Maxwell on an island over there. We often slant help to that side of the field. Heck, even Sherman gets help on his side depending on the look the offense gives
Hope you're right.

Also REALLY hope Unger's OK. Those stats showing how much better our offensive production is with him in the game were rather eye opening. Probably other factors as well since nothing occurs in a vacuum and all, but relative none the less I'm sure.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":37ws406c said:
kidhawk":37ws406c said:
100%serious

Hope you're right.

Also REALLY hope Unger's OK. Those stats showing how much better our offensive production is with him in the game were rather eye opening. Probably other factors as well since nothing occurs in a vacuum and all, but relative none the less I'm sure.

Agreed. Unger was shown on the sidelines after the injury up and moving around and from all reports (including the well detailed one in this thread) say he was feeling pretty good. Obviously the day after can be worse but there were many positive signs so I'm hopeful. He's definitely an important cog in our offense

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1umh0cgg said:
Spiderdan":1umh0cgg said:
HawKnPeppa":1umh0cgg said:
northseahawk":1umh0cgg said:
BMax better be back next week or we are toast. Simon was absolutely horrible today. It was solely because of him that the game was that tight for most of the game. His guy was wide open one so many third down completions.

We get, 'Net Rookie,' you registered today to get some bashing in. Simon will be OK. He took his lumps against one of the best WRs in the league.
Net Rookie or not, he's not wrong.

Actually he is wrong. Maxwell or not, Packers Or Cowboys, we aren't losing next week. Simon didn't have a great game but that is far from being a bad corner.

I just think he was a good corner that had a poor game. It assumed by many that we wont resign Maxxy during the off season so here Simon felt he had a chance to really lay it on the line and show what he can do. Figure going into the game he wasn't expecting until just recently he would be the starter so take that with excess energy and trying perhaps a bit to hard and it produced a disappointing performance.

I expect the coaches and LOB will work with him this week even more then before. It was just a bunch of mental errors on his part that he should learn from that will help him grow into a regular contributor for the #1 backfield in the NFL.

byau

Reaction score
Regarding Simon, come on everyone can have a bad game. I thought he played pretty well over the season. Not as good as Max maybe but definitely better than he played last night.

An example of someone else: Luke Willson had a bad game where he dropped some balls right after a great game a few weeks back. Yesterday he was awesome and not just catches. First play of the game with screen to Baldwin, looked like he was going to get tackled behind the line when Luke blocked his guy right into the second guy waiting to tackle Doug. That's right he cleared two guys out and gave Doug running room and Doug made a 10+ gain

Second play Luke caught a pass in traffic

Point is everyone can have an outlier bad game.

Chawks1

Reaction score
northseahawk":2qczl53t said:
BMax better be back next week or we are toast. Simon was absolutely horrible today. It was solely because of him that the game was that tight for most of the game. His guy was wide open one so many third down completions.

I want Bmax back too. But remember he plays slot. He would replace Lane not Simon. Simon had a very tough matchup all day against 6'5" Benjamin. Remember Benjamin took advantage of Sherman pretty good in Carolina earlier this year. Benjamin will be a superstar #1 WR in years to come. Hopefully Simon learned from this and plays lights out next time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
12thbrah":2uazs321 said:
Richardson was on his way to having a big game last night. Hope the injury is not too serious. Looked bad

Not sure how it looked bad. He walked off under his own power with a slight limp.

"sprained knee" is a generic term they use until they find out what's really wrong. Looked like he banged his knee on the ground and didn't twist it around or anything that would imply ligament damage.

I feel bad for Unger. That guy gets rolled up more than anyone. The way that Cole was flopping around while weighing 350 lbs, I'd almost think he rolled him up on purpose but I doubt it.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Chawks1":jta34hpu said:
northseahawk":jta34hpu said:

I want Bmax back too. But remember he plays slot. He would replace Lane not Simon. Simon had a very tough matchup all day against 6'5" Benjamin. Remember Benjamin took advantage of Sherman pretty good in Carolina earlier this year. Benjamin will be a superstar #1 WR in years to come. Hopefully Simon learned from this and plays lights out next time.
Are you saying Maxwell plays slot normally?

chris98251

Reaction score
Simon had a dislocated Shoulder prior and so I am sure not in contact drills or practicing full speed to protect it for a couple weeks. Give the kid a break, also they were playing more keep in front instead of aggressive bump and run coverage and he was not getting much over the top help.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Chawks1":2sro08ol said:
northseahawk":2sro08ol said:

Bmax plays in the slot?
What team have you been watching all season?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":24k1sq4j said:
The Richardson injury was right down in front of me and I had a clear view of the knee ligamentous tests that Dr. Khalfayan was doing on him. Did five different tests for ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus injuries. There was no significant pain response from Richardson with any of those tests and Dr. Khalfayan was smiling while talking to Richardson before they got him up.

My hope is this: Richardson's knee hit the ground hard when he fell apparently. It probably hurt like a son of a ***** and made Paul scared because that's the same knee he had an ACL tear in in college. He walked off gingerly but did not look like he was worried about the knee giving out on him. I'm hoping its just a bone bruise, which could keep him out next week but likely would mean he's at least available for the Super Bowl in three weeks.

With Unger, he received very little medical attention on the sidelines, and was walking around without any signs of pain during the fourth quarter and walking off the field. Hopefully he just tweaked it a bit and they kept him out of the game for precautionary reasons.

Well I was very wrong. Richardson with a torn ACL. Damn.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1qbju1ic said:
Chawks1":1qbju1ic said:
northseahawk":1qbju1ic said:

Bmax plays in the slot?

I've been watching the same team you do. No need to try and call me out. We are all rooting for the same team. Since Lane has been healthy Bmax has taken over the slot more often than the outside. Here's some info:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... d10f536ca6

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chawks1":3s133xe8 said:
Jacknut16":3s133xe8 said:
Chawks1":3s133xe8 said:
northseahawk":3s133xe8 said:

Bmax plays in the slot?

I've been watching the same team you do. No need to try and call me out. We are all rooting for the same team. Since Lane has been healthy Bmax has taken over the slot more often than the outside. Here's some info:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... d10f536ca6

Chawks1 is correct on this. BMax plays slot when Simon is in.

You (and a lot of other people around here) should be a little more cautious about calling others out. First, there's really no need for that here, second, you could end up looking foolish. :141847_bnono:

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I usually try to keep it positive on this board, but man I wish we had drafted a different receiver. Guys as small as Richardson really struggle in the NFL. Watching Devante Adams kill Dallas makes it all that much more frustrating.

pmedic920

Reaction score
TORN ACL for Richardson.
That sux for the kid.

7f8d5b8b6be2b1912c17a30379a4bddd.jpg

Latest posts