PC and/or JC in ROH?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":153d8066 said:
Seahawker76":153d8066 said:
I have never agreed with the practice of retiring football numbers not to be worn again. The Raiders, Falcons & Cowboys don't do it and the Redskins & Steelers only on rare occasions. Just my two cents.

I agree with retiring numbers, unless it's so far out of sight that only one or two get retired (Largent, Jones, maybe).

But ROH doesn't require retired number, does it? Or are you not linking the two. . . ?

Only HoFers that spent their entire career in Seattle get jersey retirement, and so far, they've held to that, outside of 12.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Maulbert":15ix69pq said:
sc85sis":15ix69pq said:
The team has been in the playoffs every year except two (one of which was the first year he was in Seattle).

We made the playoffs in Pete's first year. That was the year of the Beastquake.
Yes, you’re correct. Year two we didn’t—the year of the lockout.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2pt6oy4z said:
I have never agreed with the practice of retiring football numbers not to be worn again. The Raiders, Falcons & Cowboys don't do it and the Redskins & Steelers only on rare occasions. Just my two cents.
I think we should retire every Hawks HOF # ..ROH?Hell no..

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I have no idea why the subject got twisted from ROH to retiring players numbers?
Getting back to ROH members......IMO Hasselbeck ought to be inducted as soon as he is eligible. .
The timing is not right for PC or JC to be inducted...….perhaps, someday.

Cartire

Reaction score
PC and RW are locks in the ROH.

Wagner if he gives us a couple more solid seasons, and for sure if he retires a hawk after that.

JS... maybe. If we get back to the SB on his watch, with out a doubt.

They probably retire RW's number if we get another SB.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Still not sure why more of the Holmgren era Hawks are not in the ROH. Holmgren, Hass and Alexander had better careers than Knox, Krieg or Warner.

Paul Allen needs to be in the ROH ASAP. From the Carroll era, Wilson, Carroll, Wagner are the biggest locks. On the bubble, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Lynch and Baldwin.

Is the ROH large enough?

I think its sad we've not added an ROH Hawk since Jones. So many worthy candidates.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mad Dog":24vk0p36 said:
Still not sure why more of the Holmgren era Hawks are not in the ROH. Holmgren, Hass and Alexander had better careers than Knox, Krieg or Warner.

Paul Allen needs to be in the ROH ASAP. From the Carroll era, Wilson, Carroll, Wagner are the biggest locks. On the bubble, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Lynch and Baldwin.

Is the ROH large enough?

I think its sad we've not added an ROH Hawk since Jones. So many worthy candidates.

You have a whole stadium and 2 levels where they can be seen probably three levels, lots of room.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3n19pno0 said:

Is the ROH large enough?

You again make me wonder what the exact criteria is for admission. If I cannot know that, I can't predict well who should/shouldn't get in.

It almost appears that some early players were enrolled as the first semi-successful Hawks just because they showed we could be competitive; they helped build the franchise and fan-base.

Later, the floor level for induction was raised, thus you only see guys like Kennedy, Easley, and more recently, Big Walt. We're talking about Hall of Fame type players now who spend much of their careers in Seattle.

But if we're talking special moments for Seattle, then the entire SB-winning team should be enshrined.

We'll see what happens, but I'd like to know more about what it takes to get in.

Reaction score
Seahawker76":2hbrntc6 said:
Redskins do not retire numbers their equipment guy holds back certain numbers that they do not give out. But officially they do not retire numbers. They held back Theismans and Haskins asked his blessing to wear it but it's not officially retired.