Penney out with Covid

seabowl

Reaction score
He probably knew someone who had Covid and purposely asked to borrow their mask.

Dude is the epitome of my dog ate my homework. Excuse for EVERYTHING.

Procise coaching him up

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s entirely possible you’re being a wee bit unfair. Just maybe. 😉
He got his money for this year. I expect jack crap until maybe 3-4 games to go. Maybe then he’ll see the end of the gravy train. Or maybe he will count on being a Friend of Pete knowing that his performance won’t matter and he’ll get resigned. Who can tell?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, real classy. Yeah, I'm sure he purposely got Covid. And doesn't want to play. My god, Drama Town.
As opposed to a non athlete sitting behind his/her keyboard. Getting Covid sucks, period. And somehow equating this to his injury history? 3rd grade stuff, yet again.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I know a ton of people that got it. And it wasn't fun for them.

In the past few weeks.
Honestly, I thought we would be done with this crap after 2 years but apparently not. Much less likely to put you in the hospital or do permanent damage but that stuff still does things to you.

And apparently much more contagious than the first stuff.
So probably not fair to blame the guy. Plenty of players will get Covid this year as you know, and since it impacts your breathing - not great for any NFL player considering the amount of running and endurance required.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah. I can get people's frustration when we're talking about tweaked hammies or a sore shoulder, but this one doesn't seem like something he can really control all that well..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How dare you get Covid, Penny. You suck!!
What a strange take. And if you're going to insult the guy, at least spell his name right. It's PENNY

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He maintains his significant record of consistent unavailability with this latest.

Strange how he was such an Ironman for no injuries in college but now is doing his best Prosise imitation. Sad!

BASF

Reaction score
I was wondering why Chubb wasn't mentioned in one of the replies here, but I checked and saw that he also missed games due to Covid. What a missed chance.

I hope that Penny has a full recovery and it doesn't linger. I know people who took more than a year to get their health back to normal.

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
Tin hat on...I think the Lock, Penny and whoever else covid is the new "Fake bum shoulder" to save them from preseason injuries. Smart move by the Hawks though.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Covid happens. I’m not sure I know anyone that didn’t have it. No one blames him for getting Covid. That said he has a loooooooong history of not playing and this is just another game missed.

should we have different thread of over/under regular season games played? 4.5?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Covid happens. I’m not sure I know anyone that didn’t have it. No one blames him for getting Covid. That said he has a loooooooong history of not playing and this is just another game missed.

should we have different thread of over/under regular season games played? 4.5?
I highly doubt he would have played anyway. Get ready for a big dose of Homer and Dallas. Maybe Josh Johnson actually gets to play this preseason too.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I honestly am not sure how I feel about that. Not specific to Penny at all.

In a general sense it seems like getting some real reps against a different team Would let you start the season off better. I get the injury risk to all players but I don’t think practice prepares players for the physical aspects of the game. It makes for sloppy early season games across the league. I’m wondering if there has been some article or study about the correlation between starter playing time in preseason and early season success.

Boycie

Reaction score
Wow, real classy. Yeah, I'm sure he purposely got Covid. And doesn't want to play. My god, Drama Town.
As opposed to a non athlete sitting behind his/her keyboard. Getting Covid sucks, period. And somehow equating this to his injury history? 3rd grade stuff, yet again.
This is going to be a fun place to watch all of the meltdowns this season.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
There will be a LOT of meltdowns and I imagine most of them justified.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Although I understand the vitriol for the injury history, i’m surprised to hear that people didn’t expect more Positive Covid test after the head coach and quarterback came down with it.
It’s a virus. Hard to avoid. Everybody calm down please.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
This crowd... A guy catches a highly transmissible disease and y'all just pile on him with hate.

You guys really need to cross check your fandom with humanity. If your loved ones got COVID and I showed up yelling at you about how they suck -- how would you feel?

For the love of all things good, check yourselves. Immediately.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I mean, at this point can we make a Penny bingo card with cash prizes?