Penny on the way out?

xgeoff

Reaction score
Optimus25":3l2jh5ce said:
Still can't freaking believe we were one pick away from derwin James instead.

Or we could have had Nick Chubb. The Scouts really screwed up on this one. As much of a home run Chris Carson was, this is a huge bust.

AlciG

Reaction score
xgeoff":1t1r45ba said:
Optimus25":1t1r45ba said:

Or we could have had Nick Chubb. The Scouts really screwed up on this one. As much of a home run Chris Carson was, this is a huge bust.

Imagine having Chubb right now... This fanbase would be killing him for those fumbles just like they turned on Carson.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AlciG":3v3ledi6 said:
xgeoff":3v3ledi6 said:
Optimus25":3v3ledi6 said:

Imagine having Chubb right now... This fanbase would be killing him for those fumbles just like they turned on Carson.
2 really bad fumbles.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Nick Chubb gets more carries than Penny and isn't exactly lighting it up. He's also had fumbling issues.

Derwin James just had foot surgery, and we have no idea what his long term prognosis is.

It's great to overhype other players but the difference between them and Penny, is that they don't have a potential Pro Bowler in front of them. Penny will never be able to be fully evaluated until he gets a game or two to be the unquestioned starter

jmahon316

Reaction score
This could go either way. Either they played Penny as much as they did to trade him, or they played him as much as they did to see what he had to determine where they went with Carson after this year.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
jmahon316":2ytrahym said:
This could go either way. Either they played Penny as much as they did to trade him, or they played him as much as they did to see what he had to determine where they went with Carson after this year.

My guess is he doesn't get traded. Would leave the running back room too thin and too vulnerable to injury.

That said, I'd trade him for a 3rd.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ux4ocvh said:
AlciG":3ux4ocvh said:
xgeoff":3ux4ocvh said:
Optimus25":3ux4ocvh said:

2 really bad fumbles.

Debatable. I watched that game today. The first was a complete anomaly. Bitonio got blown off the line immediately and fell backwards and literally kicked the ball out of Chubb’s hands right at the LOS. The second was inexcusable. Chubb busted off a huge 40+ yard run that probably should've been a TD. The DB caught up and chopped the ball out from behind. Great play by the defender, but Chubb needs to cover that ball up.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Scorpion05":ydxxvef0 said:
Nick Chubb gets more carries than Penny and isn't exactly lighting it up. He's also had fumbling issues.

No.....Chubb is really lighting it up. He has been ever since they traded Hyde last year. He is a true 3 down back in this league. He is basically all of Cleveland's offense right now. Aside from his two fumbles today, he did what no one has been able to do this year. He ran the ball right down the Patriots throat all game long.

chris98251

Reaction score
It all depends on what they think of Homer, the little we seen he is a much more physical inside runner and can also catch.

knownone

Reaction score
It sounds like teams were just inquiring to see what it would take to land Penny, so the Hawks aren't actively shopping Penny around the league.

If the goal is to win now, I don't see how you could trade him. He's the ideal change of pace / home run threat i our offense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":1kixm3pb said:
It all depends on what they think of Homer, the little we seen he is a much more physical inside runner and can also catch.
I’d think if we traded Penny that it would mean that Carroll was pretty confident in Homer’s abilities. Either way I think Penny is a bad fit for the Seahawks.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Career 5.04 YPC. 1st round pick. Good pass catcher... The guy could be a feature back in an offense- especially an I-formation offense.

If you can't get a 2nd round pick, he's worth more to Seattle than someone else.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
lukerguy":18y3tzl3 said:
Career 5.04 YPC. 1st round pick. Good pass catcher... The guy could be a feature back in an offense- especially an I-formation offense.

If you can't get a 2nd round pick, he's worth more to Seattle than someone else.
YPC is a bad way to judge ability. If we went by that logic Felix Jones should have been the best RB in the league. I think the truth of the matter is he’s just not that great. He’s struggling to even retain the second position on the depth chart over Prosise as a relatively recent first rounder. I’m wondering what his practices and work ethic is like. The way he is being treated reminds me of how we treated Cristine Micheal.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If this happens and Carson gets injured we are done. I would rather trade Prosise, although there probably would not be any return.

AgentDib

Reaction score
lukerguy":2hm23hk3 said:
A second round pick wouldn't do it for me for a few reasons.
- The kind of team trading a draft pick for a RB would be in the playoff hunt and have a low draft position. The pick wouldn't help our team this year and at 6-2 we should be thinking 2019 playoffs.
- We'd be selling low on Penny. He had a rocky rookie year with the injury and missed training camp and he's shown some good things this year in small windows.
- Carson could hold out this off-season if we don't get an extension in place, whereas Penny is under potential team control through 2022.
- Carson and Prosise are healthy now but that's a risky duo to run with. Homer has been regularly active for special teams and would be getting at least occasional offensive snaps if they felt he was ready for it.

Penny for a player (Edge, TE, C, NCB) would make more sense to me if another team really wanted him.

massari

Reaction score
AgentDib":3nqpr84z said:
lukerguy":3nqpr84z said:
A second round pick wouldn't do it for me for a few reasons.
- The kind of team trading a draft pick for a RB would be in the playoff hunt and have a low draft position. The pick wouldn't help our team this year and at 6-2 we should be thinking 2019 playoffs.
- We'd be selling low on Penny. He had a rocky rookie year with the injury and missed training camp and he's shown some good things this year in small windows.
- Carson could hold out this off-season if we don't get an extension in place, whereas Penny is under potential team control through 2022.
- Carson and Prosise are healthy now but that's a risky duo to run with. Homer has been regularly active for special teams and would be getting at least occasional offensive snaps if they felt he was ready for it.

Penny for a player (Edge, TE, C, NCB) would make more sense to me if another team really wanted him.
Can RB's outside of the elite types like Barkley, Elliott ect ever be able to fetch more than a 2nd? That was probably Penny's worth at the draft with a full rookie contract.

Getting a good player to fill a positional need or a late 2nd/early 3rd seems like a great move if they can add a replacement for the rest of the season like Mike Davis from the Bears, who did great in this offense last season but is a nonfactor in Chicago. They could likely get him for next to nothing.

[youtube]KVEVR_w6vwo[/youtube]

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.