Percy factor

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Yeah he had a big block to seal an edge and help spring Marshawn for a big run and then gave "Shawn" a "nice run" tap on the helmet

shiva1008

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3sy3ple0 said:
jake206":3sy3ple0 said:
Noticed a lot more room for our wide outs, especially Doug Baldwin. The back field formation with Marshawn and Percy looked very very interesting. Kickoff returns were where I thought Percy would have his greatest impact. Proved me right. :mrgreen: Have fun gameplanning against that.
You liked what us Percy supporters hav. been saying for months? Enjoy the show sir.:)

Pretty much everyone has been supporting Percy Harvin so it's nothing to brag about. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a player who was on track to be MVP before he got injured, would be a good player if he could remain healthy.

Lanakila

Reaction score
bellingerga":1c9spnza said:
All those plays aside, I saw him out there blocking on a few plays, it seems like he's ALL IN! I love seeing wide recievers out there blocking too, no matter their size. Just makes the team better.

Holy hell, watch out nfl. The seahawks are coming for you.

Thwere were a couple plays where he just went after guys. The guy is a scrapper.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think when Russell Wilson gets a better feel for Percy Harvin's speed than the big vertical plays will be crazy. I saw a few times today that if Wilson would've had a better feel for Harvin's speed and not underestimated or missed him they're would have been two more TD's but it will come with time and i can't wait.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I believe Pete said Harvin was in on 16 snaps, and they were trying to keep it under 20. I think tonight was a huge success for Pete and the Staff and hopefully with a 2 week rest Harvin can go all out Monday Night

RiverDog

Reaction score
One of the biggest effects of having Harvin in the lineup is that teams will be reluctant to stack the box against our running attack as they're going to shy away from going one-on-one with Harvin. It seemed like the Vikings were putting 8 in the box a lot on first and second downs today.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We went nuts at that catch where he pulled it back into himself. I nearly lost my voice way too early in the game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":s75vpoa8 said:
Hawknballs":s75vpoa8 said:
Percy made 3 impactful plays - obviously the catch, and the return. But he also drew the pass interference on a deep ball that would have been awesome if not for a holding call on Okung.

Aw yes, you're right. Point being, that once he really gets up to speed (tonight was just a scooby snack) this is going to get fun.

Ruh Roh Raggy...LOL :0190l:
I like scooby snacks. LOL :vodka:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":36g9ueag said:
I think when Russell Wilson gets a better feel for Percy Harvin's speed than the big vertical plays will be crazy. I saw a few times today that if Wilson would've had a better feel for Harvin's speed and not underestimated or missed him they're would have been two more TD's but it will come with time and i can't wait.

Yep.....I'm "eating crow" when I suggested the Percy Harvin may not have an "immediate impact" when he returned. I was wrong! I was very impressed....as were the Viking players!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Lanakila":2u1g56rw said:
bellingerga":2u1g56rw said:
All those plays aside, I saw him out there blocking on a few plays, it seems like he's ALL IN! I love seeing wide recievers out there blocking too, no matter their size. Just makes the team better.

Holy hell, watch out nfl. The seahawks are coming for you.

There were a couple plays where he just went after guys. The guy is a scrapper.

During the broadcast they were talking about him nursing something on the sideline, and as soon as they said it the play started and Percy went right after a DB and started jacking him up (this was on a run play to the opposite side of the field).

Can't wait to see Harvin in full form, BEASTING on everybody.

JonRud

Reaction score
How thrilled is Percy to be on a top contending team like Seattle with an All Pro Level QB rather than a mediocre Vikings team w/ a crappy QB?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RiverDog":1z8qlz7b said:
One of the biggest effects of having Harvin in the lineup is that teams will be reluctant to stack the box against our running attack as they're going to shy away from going one-on-one with Harvin. It seemed like the Vikings were putting 8 in the box a lot on first and second downs today.

So you are a Percy fan now? :3:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RiverDog":11z6lpdi said:

I think you just contradicted yourself.

themunn

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1psuq0oj said:
RiverDog":1psuq0oj said:

I think you just contradicted yourself.

I think he's suggesting that Harvin was only coming in for 3rd down plays?

What I'm looking forward to seeing is 3 wideout sets with Miller and Lynch in and Harvin and Tate lined up to one side and Baldwin on the other.
Tate and Harvin will almost CERTAINLY draw 3 men to their side (you'd be stupid not to - hell, if we didn't have a running game, in an ideal world you'd have both with double coverage), leaving Baldwin on 1 on 1 against probably the nickel DB and a 7 man box for Lynch - with Miller in their giving additional blocking. Occasionally release Miller onto a route and we will burn the opposition for big yardage

mjwhitay

Reaction score
shiva1008":3h5qp5bo said:
KCHawkGirl":3h5qp5bo said:
jake206":3h5qp5bo said:
Noticed a lot more room for our wide outs, especially Doug Baldwin. The back field formation with Marshawn and Percy looked very very interesting. Kickoff returns were where I thought Percy would have his greatest impact. Proved me right. :mrgreen: Have fun gameplanning against that.
You liked what us Percy supporters hav. been saying for months? Enjoy the show sir.:)

Pretty much everyone has been supporting Percy Harvin so it's nothing to brag about. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a player who was on track to be MVP before he got injured, would be a good player if he could remain healthy.

This is not accurate at all. There WERE plenty of people questioning the move and the player. I've heard injury-prone and things like diva, cancer, etc. I've heard that he doesn't have a 1000 yard season on his resume.... Like he doesn't produce enough to deserve a 3 picks and a contract.

That group is probably significantly smaller today and will not exist in a month, but to say everyone has been on board and been a believer is just flat out not true.

There are definitely more "danglers" than there were 24 hours ago.

stack600

Reaction score
I was neither pro or con but standing mid stream waiting to see, If he would be as explosive, If he would be a team guy and not a Keshawn type. Today I jumped out of the water and on the pro bank. Explosive, Damn Right and hugging Baldwin after his catch, and post game interviews, well let's just say Percy's a Seahawk and a new toy for Russell.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
"FML"-Saints defensive coordinator

Lol, seriously tho, as if it wasnt hard enough to prepare for our offense, now they have to account for everything that Percy brings to the table. I suspect percy to have a huge game come Monday night, because in reality, they dont know how we are gonna use him to fully prepare. They have to prepare for us regularily, then go back to Minnesota tapes to see how we *could* use him.

Percy is a baller, and will make plays. Thats a given. What's really awesome is the relief to other players he will give. And Percy's style of play is a perfect compliment to Wilsons scrambling style of looking to throw. Its crazy to think the offense isnt even close to being as good as it can, and probably will, be. Percy in the backfield, running fly sweeps and reverses, working the slot and also going deep.

As a life long gator fan, and percy being my ball time fav gator, I do want to say that his migraines are legit. Its not an attitude problem, its a migraine problem. Just a heads up, dont be surprised if he misses 1-2 games out of a season because of them. Other than that, he's a one of a kind player, as we all know (or are soon to find out.)

I'm not gonna claim to be a lifelong seahawks fan, cuz I'm not. But I moved into the renton area about 5 years ago and the hawks have slowly been growing on me. What's not to like at this point? Add to that getting percy harvin, and hnnnnnnnngh

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1k15p8hw said:
As a life long gator fan, and percy being my ball time fav gator, I do want to say that his migraines are legit. Its not an attitude problem, its a migraine problem. Just a heads up, dont be surprised if he misses 1-2 games out of a season because of them.
Don't have a link to post right now, but it's widely reported that Percy's migraines were a result of sleep apnea... and he's not had any since he got a CPAP machine.

Non-issue.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Explosive" is definitely the operative word in describing Harvin. I hope Pete, who apparently forgot what a kick returner is supposed to look like, again understands the difference. I understand there are reasons CM was held back, but the Kearse experiment should never have even happened, IMO. Love that Dawg, but youtube a Kearse return, then youtube Harvin's. The word "explosive" will never be better defined. CM has similar explosive properties and I'd like to see him returning kicks (not Harvin) as soon as humanly possible. Save Harvin for the offense and have Kearse take a knee in the endzone if we are bent on staying with him.

A friend of mine led the league in fair catches as a 'phin. He wasn't aware of this until I informed him of that dubious stat. ; ) He laughed and said "Hey, I followed Shula's instructions. Because of penalties, injuries and turn overs, Shula's theory was...fair catch the punt and put our offense on the field in that spot". That team went undefeated, so who's to argue?

Latest posts