Percy Harvin presser

pmedic920

Reaction score
I say trial by fire. If he's healthy and cleared, get him on the field.
Perfect timing if it's a game we can win without him.
It's a ramp up thing. Give him a few plays at least, to come up to speed.

If he's not ready, leave him alone till he is.

DrDix

Reaction score
BlueThunder":i52qqspt said:
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

I disagree. Of all fans, the 12th man should know no game should be overlooked. The 1-0, championship week mentality this team has is great, and that means doing what it takes to win. If it means Percy needs to play, then so be it. At no point should anyone be looking past Monday.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Either he is ready or not ready.

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.

Laloosh

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":5hyry7t4 said:

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.

Doubt they'd hesitate to activate him if they think he won't be a liability in any way. For now, they get a roster exemption so he can get practice reps while they continue to carry an extra person on the roster. Likely that they'll take advantage of that as long as they question how useful / needed he is.

I'd imagine they would be more inclined to play him if this thing with Golden Tate's injury is looming come Sunday and they don't know if Tate can play.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":diwvnrql said:
DavidSeven":diwvnrql said:
Tech Worlds":diwvnrql said:
BlueThunder":diwvnrql said:
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

He will get in sync by playing. If he's healthy he should play.

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.

You still betting MONEY he won't play this week? :0190l:

I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.

scakfan

Reaction score
If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":205x7weu said:
T-Sizzle":205x7weu said:
I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.

I listened to it. One situation doesn't apply to the other. Sounds like you have changed your tune a bit. That's good. It's been reported Percy has been doing a lot on his own.

If he is ready he will play.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":4f81nzzm said:

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort? He literally changes the offense from predictibility to multidimensional just by being on the field.

I mentioned this before but the mere fact that he will be playing no later than Atlanta has fans of other teams saying "that's just cheating".They realize he tilts the field just like Wilson. This in a city that is the home of the only undefeated team in the NFL.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
scakfan":1ltwbv55 said:
If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.

I would not be surprised at the least if Bryan Walters (WR) were to be released upon Harvin's activation.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1r7a63yv said:

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":emrcjeaf said:
If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:
Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough. I hope he is healthy enough to run 3-4 plays in St. Louis as a warmup though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":kqf85v6n said:
Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't stand the wait, this guy is one hell of a player. Flat out changes what Defenses have to prepare for, and makes the rest of the WR's better imo. Pick your poison when you play D against the Hawks.
Can't wait to see him light up the Vikes and Niners.

hawker84

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1nm87l6s said:

Exactly we're not paying him to park him in the garage under a tarp only to bring him out when there's a car show, if he's healthy and ready, throw him out there and get him in the mix a soon as possible.

mikeak

Reaction score
Percy is an outlet for RW. Having him on the field protects our quarterback. If he is healthy I say play him