Percy out to prove Hawks wrong

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
What's Next?
Why do we care what he is out to prove? Isn't he on the Jets now?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
seabowl":3jv6cxjq said:
I know he was trouble off the field but maybe, just maybe, it's because he was being used incorrectly on the field by our OC. Harvin eluded to getting the ball in space to utilize his speed after the game. This is what many of us were complaining about when he was here. Too many bubble screens and not getting him the ball in space down the field. I'm not saying he would have definitely worked out but I think he may have still been here if we used him as we all were asking. Thoughts?

All we ever did was try to get him in the ball in space. Bubble screens, jet sweeps, drag routes -- all that was designed and implemented to get him the ball in space near the LOS. Besides a late deep catch in garbage time, Harvin also racked up yesterday's stats on these same type of LOS plays for the Jets. From what I understand, he wasn't targeted deep until the game was essentially over.

His talent was never in question. If you're comfortable with giving Harvin 10+ touches a game around the LOS, then he'll put up numbers for you, and he might even be happy. You also might score a paltry 10 points and lose badly. We weren't in a position to accommodate him. We actually had games to win.

That being said, I hope he continues to put up numbers. An extra 4th would be huge.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oh, I read "Percy out" and figured he had an injury like sore breasts from his period...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2aijja7v said:
hawk fans have no reason to fear Percy doing well.
Yet, a bunch of people around here bitterly want him to fail and act as if he slept with their wives/girlfriends.

Why am I not surprised? Just like when Tate left...God, we have too many people around here that can't handle rejection in any form.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rguq6rw said:
Scottemojo":3rguq6rw said:
Yet, a bunch of people around here bitterly want him to fail and act as if he slept with their wives/girlfriends.

Why am I not surprised? Just like when Tate left...God, we have too many people around here that can't handle rejection in any form.

This. It's a business and this whole ordeal didn't work out. You cut your losses and move on, and I for one do not wish him ill.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":192te2cv said:
This. It's a business and this whole ordeal didn't work out. You cut your losses and move on, and I for one do not wish him ill.
Exactly. I don't like that he couldn't get along enough to stay here, but whatever, I'm just sad that we lost a great talent.

canfan

Reaction score
I hope he continues to put up great numbers for the rest of the year. I'd like to see a 4th round pick out of this mess. Plus, I bear no ill will to Harvin. The Seahawks knew what they were getting and thought they could manage the situation. They were wrong. Hopefully Harvin finds what he is looking for in NY and the Seahawks emerge as a better team without him (or at least a more unified team)

Chapow

Reaction score
seabowl":zj2gh1li said:
Not sure if anyone noticed but Percy Harvin had a fantastic game yesterday with Vick and Chris Simms throwing to him. He had 11 catches for 129 yes, 88 yards on 2 kickoff returns and 8 yards rushing. That's a total of 225 yards on a terrible team.

I bet Percy and fantasy football players that had Percy in their lineup are super stoked.

I bet the Jets and their fans couldn't care less because their team got it's ass kicked.

Bryce84

Reaction score
Chapow":2dkdvz6e said:
I bet Percy and fantasy football players that had Percy in their lineup are super stoked.

I bet the Jets and their fans couldn't care less because their team got it's ass kicked.

Being a Harvin owner in fantasy, it was nice to see him do well. As such, since I didn't see the game I went to their forums to see what their impression of him was and they all seemed pretty happy with him as one of the few bright spots on the team. Most of them know their season is over anyway, and are more concerned with getting a higher draft pick than winning, haha.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2tjnvqi5 said:
Go percy! Turn that 6th into a 4th!

</thread.>

hawknation2014

Reaction score
hoxrox":ijldq4bt said:
4th vs a 6th. Big woop.

What's done is done. An additional Fourth Rounder would just be a lot sweeter than a Sixth Rounder.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nxaq73g said:
Scottemojo":1nxaq73g said:

Why is it so hard for you in particular to accept the fact that there are people here who never liked Harvin?

Why is it so hard for you to understand there are people who are GENUINELY GLAD that harvin is gone?

And what are you talking about with "rejection" ???

Seahawks fans were "rejected" by Harvin? You have a very very odd way of looking at things.

Harvin had a good game, but he has had shockingly few good games in his nfl career. His production has never matched his ego or attitude.

But by all means, continue living in your made-up imaginary world where everyone liked harvin and everyone is really mad that he's gone.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1p4nxp66 said:
OkieHawk":1p4nxp66 said:
Exactly. I don't like that he couldn't get along enough to stay here, but whatever, I'm just sad that we lost a great talent.
He's not a great talent, but it's good to see you have an active imagination. Your talent to overrate a mediocre player like Harvin is extraordinary. I tip my hat to you sir.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":25i8hfud said:
4th vs a 6th. Big woop.

We lost a 1st, 3rd and a 7th for this POS - picks that could have been used on quality o line, d line or another WR.

We lost players to FA that the FO might have otherwise kept like Tate or McDonald.

We lost football games because we went away from our smash mouth identity to accommodate this me-first cancer.

We lost football games, in part, because of his fumbled kick off return, giving SD an easy 7.

We lost football games because he refused to play when we still had a chance to win it.

We lost football games because players and coaches were distracted in St. Louis.

In fact, if we miss the playoffs by one or two games this year... it will be because we didn't unload this cancer earlier.

I cannot root for what is among the worst trade in franchise history. What's done is done, but as far as I'm concerned, this dude can rot.
:13:

HawkWow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":x5o8jva6 said:
hoxrox":x5o8jva6 said:
4th vs a 6th. Big woop.

We lost a 1st, 3rd and a 7th for this POS - picks that could have been used on quality o line, d line or another WR.

We lost players to FA that the FO might have otherwise kept like Tate or McDonald.

We lost football games because we went away from our smash mouth identity to accommodate this me-first cancer.

We lost football games, in part, because of his fumbled kick off return, giving SD an easy 7.

We lost football games because he refused to play when we still had a chance to win it.

We lost football games because players and coaches were distracted in St. Louis.

In fact, if we miss the playoffs by one or two games this year... it will be because we didn't unload this cancer earlier.

I cannot root for what is among the worst trade in franchise history. What's done is done, but as far as I'm concerned, this dude can rot.
:13:

You two are true fans of sports. And Percy Harvin represents everything wrong with sports.

Zero compensation would have been my preference. Just so we could have told the nation Harvin is STILL a punk, he was CUT, we don't play bitch games in Seattle.

I won't prostitute myself cheering for the stain that is Percy Harvin.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We should have been able to make it work. We saved D coordinators at least 1 full day of practice losing Harvin.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":ymfxsooe said:
He's not a great talent, but it's good to see you have an active imagination. Your talent to overrate a mediocre player like Harvin is extraordinary. I tip my hat to you sir.
Ignorance truly is bliss for some. I tip thy own hat back at you and twirl PMed's mustachio toward you to boot.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":224tb2tp said:
Scottemojo":224tb2tp said:

It's got nothing to do with rejection. It has everything to do with Harvin ripping off the Seahawks, and thus the fans. He made a promise by signing that contract, then he went back on that promise.

I'm not worried about the sunk cost though, we have a Lombardi, so anything we spent on the way to winning that, was worth the cost.

But now he's with the Jets and he's trying hard? It was obvious in the last game that he was dogging it. On the kick off return instead of going to the right where it was open field, he ran right in to the pile at the 15. It was painfully obvious that he was being a child.

So good riddance. And hopefully he does well and we get a 4th rounder out of it that John Schneider turns in to a Pro Bowler.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ask the Vikings and now us, the problem with Percy is not week #2 on a team, it's week #23.