Pete and John

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Since 2015 these two have been making head scratching moves every year. The drafts have been sub par at best. The trades have been almost all bad except for Duane Brown. We vastly overpaid for a safety then handed him a massive contract to top it off. We haven't put together a decent O line in years. We spend vast amounts of cap space on safety and line backer two of the least important easily fillable positions in the sport and people on here are mad at Russ for wanting to be somewhere else.
Russ has seen the continual decline of this team over the years and has lost confidence in the front offices ability to build a winning team. I too have lost that confidence.
We moved on from an all time great Seahawk with plenty left in the tank for a 70 year old coach who can't even manage a clock and makes continually poor trade decisions and yes its Pete who has the last say in these things. John just goes out and sees what he can get.

Now we traded a franchise QB for an OK haul but I have no confidence they will be able to turn those picks into something useful. Far FAR less confidence they can find a QB the likes of Russ for sure. Hopefully we can turn back the clock and draft worth a darn. Time will tell but I think this team is in line for a lot of losses in the coming years. How long can these two even keep their jobs if so?

The direction of this franchise the last 7 years seemed very short sighted. Maybe that changes now but it seems unlikely given Petes' age.

John63

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2kjtbawd said:
Since 2015 these two have been making head scratching moves every year. The drafts have been sub par at best. The trades have been almost all bad except for Duane Brown. We vastly overpaid for a safety then handed him a massive contract to top it off. We haven't put together a decent O line in years. We spend vast amounts of cap space on safety and line backer two of the least important easily fillable positions in the sport and people on here are mad at Russ for wanting to be somewhere else.
Russ has seen the continual decline of this team over the years and has lost confidence in the front offices ability to build a winning team. I too have lost that confidence.
We moved on from an all time great Seahawk with plenty left in the tank for a 70 year old coach who can't even manage a clock and makes continually poor trade decisions and yes its Pete who has the last say in these things. John just goes out and sees what he can get.

Now we traded a franchise QB for an OK haul but I have no confidence they will be able to turn those picks into something useful. Far FAR less confidence they can find a QB the likes of Russ for sure. Hopefully we can turn back the clock and draft worth a darn. Time will tell but I think this team is in line for a lot of losses in the coming years. How long can these two even keep their jobs if so?

The direction of this franchise the last 7 years seemed very short sighted. Maybe that changes now but it seems unlikely given Petes' age.

I agree with everything you are saying. we will see.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd argue our trade yesterday was the opposite of short-sighted.

We've invested quite a lot in the OL. Something needs to change with evaluation.