Pete buying Pete another year as HC

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Yes I’m jaded. I definitely wanted to see a year of RW as a Seahawk without PC as thr head coach.

After a bad season next year: we’ll, Jody, we traded our best QB ever and our first pick in the draft was injured most of the year. You can’t expect us to just make the playoffs. I need another year.

If he CARED about the SEAHAWKS he would have quit already. Get lost Pete!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I do wish Pete left earlier, that being said I do agree that as long as the new QB has any kind of development, PC definitely bought himself 2 years vs if RW stayed this would be a make it or break it year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yep.

We are stuck with this decrepit fossil for at least 2, if not 3 years.

When ticket sales tank, and they will, then the pressure will fall on him...not before.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Or selling out another year.

Yes to all of the above.

Would've been nice to see PC go instead, but he has too much power sadly. His quote from last week, something in the realm of 'We got too arrogant thinking we could win with defense' was the biggest eye roller for the 50% of Hawks fans who have been saying a change needs to start at the top. But then, PC won't listen. Why would he? He's a made man.

So in their attempt to recapture lightening in a bottle from almost 10 years ago (yeah, it's been that long since the JS/PC brain trust came up with their winning formula with diminishing returns), they gave away all their draft opportunities to hope there would be enough diamonds in the rough like RW, the LOB, and a surprising Marshawn to make it happen again.

They can't afford to pay RW how much money he wants, partially because of bad business decisions (hindsight, I realize) and PC's crusty old delusions of running and defense winning the SB. Why would RW want to endure another season of the same old, when clearly there are better fits out there.

Here's to hoping the Hawks are fun to watch next year, but it will probably be another season of PC playing to not lose, long slog war of attrition that get results dammit! but feels too much like work.

Fade

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1xulyzut said:
Yes I’m jaded. I definitely wanted to see a year of RW as a Seahawk without PC as thr head coach.

After a bad season next year: we’ll, Jody, we traded our best QB ever and our first pick in the draft was injured most of the year. You can’t expect us to just make the playoffs. I need another year.

Disgusting isn't it? :pukeface:

I can already hear the excuses.

2022. "They just traded Wilson! You gotta give it some time."

2023. "They just drafted a QB! You gotta give it some time."

2024. "It's his first year starting! You gotta give it some time."

2025. "Derp-a-derp got injured! It was a fluke year! Run it back!"

2026. "This is the year, put up or shut up!"

2027. New regime, finally. Picking through the pieces of shambled remains.

"Yeah, were gonna need about 5 years to get this thing turned around."

The revisionist history will be entertaining at least. Pete Carroll will go down in Seattle sports history as one of its greatest villains, and the dynasty that never was. if it indeed plays out somewhat like above.

Elemas

Reaction score
Fade":25j2y1ba said:
JayhawkMike":25j2y1ba said:

The revisionist history will be entertaining at least. Pete Carroll will go down in Seattle sports history as one of its greatest villains, and the dynasty that never was. if it indeed plays out somewhat like above.

Sounds crazy.

Bad thing is…I totally see this happening.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2zcmxg1c said:
I can't believe they kept PC over RW.

And this is really the only problem with the trade. If PC was already gone I would likely be thinking this was a step in the right direction. With PC still around, I feel like there are no good steps to make. As always where PC is concerned over the last 7 years, I hope I have to eat crow. Haven't eaten much yet though.

Elemas

Reaction score
Folks will tell you that Russ wanted to leave so, it’s of his doing. Think about that…players don’t want to be part of this system? Why? Arbitrary decisions? ET?

It’s PC.

Only the dumbazz Seahawks would take PC over Russ.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
GemCity":2ohn8o24 said:
Fade":2ohn8o24 said:
JayhawkMike":2ohn8o24 said:

Sounds crazy.

Bad thing is…I totally see this happening.

This is what I have been saying for years. For as much as Pete did for this franchise, he is going to leave it the same way he found it... a losing culture. Everything from the Super Bowl interception on has been less than entertaining for me. Had he left 5 years ago the Seahawks would have had a chance to build on what he did.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete was a below .500 NFL coach without Wilson.

And he will probably get enough extra years to prove that he would have been a barely .500 coach but for Wilson.

They are going to pick at Carroll's legacy like a scab, because it will become clear that without Wilson he may never have even been a winning NFL coach.

We will see how he does without Wilson, but unless we get Watson - not very optimistic.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It’s going to be 5 years to get rid of PC. Then 5 years to fix the mess if we are lucky. Fade is correct. Wilson knew this too, that’s why he’s out. LOB knew it years ago.

I hope ticket sales tank too. We literally picked PC over a HOF quarterback.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fg087w1 said:
Pete was a below .500 NFL coach without Wilson.

Yeah, for two seasons he was a .500 coach, after inheriting a subpar roster.
Good heavens.

PNW

Reaction score
Someone take Pete’s drivers license away, who feels safe with him driving around on our local roads? This guy is as delusional as a head coach can get.

Latest posts